PDA

View Full Version : Pls recommend me a WHF book...

Samurai33
27-08-2008, 07:01
Hi,

I'm looking for a good WHF book with a lot of battle scenes and preferably chaos armies involved. If there is one from a chaos point of view that would be an extra bonus.

Thanks in advance.

Tohellweride
27-08-2008, 15:47
Riders of the dead gives a point of view from both Empire and Chaos. Sadly i dont think it is still in print but can always try ebay.

ParadoX_83
27-08-2008, 18:02
This is not a book per say, but i highly recommend the Liber Chaotica (complete edition). It has quite alot of detail regarding timelines, past and present champions, the Gods, deamons etc. Im pretty sure it also has a few short stories. Its about 3cm thick, so theres plenty of reading.

I own the complete special edition and it is brilliant.!:)

Danger Rat
27-08-2008, 20:46
the konrad trilogy is excellent i think its still i print, the star of erengrad is worth a read and riders of the dead is excellent

Gekiganger
27-08-2008, 21:37
'Blackheart' Novel (or was it Blackhearts?) I found most entertaining, features chaos as the main force of evil and encounters them frequently.

Dwarf Longbeard
27-08-2008, 22:02
Forged In Battle, it's mainly about a few empire regiments defending a town from a beastman attack.
It's not the biggest of books but the story, characters and battles are all told really well, it's written mainly from the empire point of view but has a few parts which focus on the beastmen, which is really cool (as a part-time beastman player) and it gives the beasts a lot of character

O&G'sRule
27-08-2008, 22:43
no, Konrads not about anymore except ebay. Mark of chaos is a fantastic book, seriously bloody and has a great plot

ML372
27-08-2008, 23:31
Palace of the Plague Lord was a good read I thought and written from a complete chaos view. It's about a aspiring champion and his quest to find a artefact

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
27-08-2008, 23:35
Palace of the Plague Lord was a good read I thought and written from a complete chaos view. It's about a aspiring champion and his quest to find a artefact

I second this. It's a fantastic novel, completely from the perspective of an aspiring Chaos champion. Great story, interesting characters, and no goody-goodies to clutter up the story. You get to root for a bad guy!

mrtn
30-08-2008, 09:21
no, Konrads not about anymore except ebay. Mark of chaos is a fantastic book, seriously bloody and has a great plotHuh? I bought the omnibus just a couple of months ago...

I second the nomination of Palace of the Plague Lord.

TheWarSmith
30-08-2008, 09:30
I second the complete works of Liber Chaotica. EXCELLENT reading, and the most comprehensive source of chaos background you'll ever find.

isidril93
30-08-2008, 14:21
well i liked the darkblade books, i know theyre not chaos but dark elves are the 2nd best thing when it comes to evil.

Sir Charles
30-08-2008, 18:45
Vampire Genevieve Omnibus.

Purefear
30-08-2008, 22:26
Riders of the dead is brilliant! Follows a captured empire guy as he becomes the leader of a chaos warband!
I believe beast slayer has some chaos point of view parts... although it's been a while since I last read it.

Lordsaradain
31-08-2008, 00:46
Dont read Konrad. takes place in like the 80s version of warhammer, the world just feels completly out of theme with the current warhammer world.

Riders of the Dead is a pretty good book though, frankly I'd recommend all books by Dan Abnett.