PDA

View Full Version : new foundings....

ThorHammer
27-08-2008, 14:43
Tried this question out on another forum, and thought I would try my luck here.

Ok, so, what happens after the call has been made to create a new chapter and after it is determined what gene-seed will be used? Are a group of Marines from a certain chapter used to for the core of the new one? Mainly, I am curious to know the process of founding a new chapter. I can't really find anything detailing the process, so I am wondering if there is something I am missing.

In my eyes, it makes sense that existing Astartes form the core of a new chapter, thereby allowing the new chapter to have experienced leadership in place when they head to war, as well as to oversee the initial training and formation of the new chapter. However, I haven't found anything to back this theory up with.

The reason I am asking is because I am trying to write up the background for the new chapter I am creating.

ChaosTicket
27-08-2008, 14:51
The Adeptus Mechanicus and Adeptus of Terra are the ones that create the new chapter, but likely they would have another chapter govern them for a time.

Cherubael
28-08-2008, 13:36
I always imagined the initial officer group of a new chapter would be tithed from another existing chapter, maybe as a reward, recruited temporarily to train the new marines or that an existing chapter gets the equivalent of a second Scout Company, who then split off to form the core of the new force.