PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking on Battlesisters

kilokalex
27-08-2008, 21:23
I think they need a special weapon for them only like a special long range flamer or a special melta or some combo. Like a bigger version o the hell pistol. What do yall say?

Culven
27-08-2008, 21:30
No, no, they really don't. They are based around short-range firepower, with their Melta and Flamer weapons of burny death.
Besides, they have the Immolator and Exorcist as special weapons.

Lancaster
27-08-2008, 21:48
I think that they have a pretty unique feel already.

As Culven said, they are all about short range burny goodness, the cleansing fire.

Maybe give them that Redeemer Flamethrower thing that the SMurfs are getting.

Culven
27-08-2008, 22:15
Er, no, they definitely don't need Land Raiders too.

Lancaster
27-08-2008, 22:54
Er, no, they definitely don't need Land Raiders too.

I meant the Cannon on the Landraider, on another platform.

Deus Mechanicus
27-08-2008, 23:08
The Sisters of Battle needs the new flamer raider and i wouldn't mind seeing Battle Sisters in Terminator armour either, oh yes

Culven
27-08-2008, 23:29
Oh, the Mega Heavy Flamer. No, I think the Immolater is close enough, and maybe even better since it is Twin-Linked.

How about a Sister Retributor squad in Terminator Armour. Two Multimeltas and two Heavy Flamers?

sigur
27-08-2008, 23:34
I think they need a special weapon for them only like a special long range flamer or a special melta or some combo. Like a bigger version o the hell pistol. What do yall say?

Well, this is interesting. I do not think so. I actually think that they are good as they are and that they don't need any crutch to kill off what makes them interesting. :)

Kalec
27-08-2008, 23:59
Inferno cannons on immolators.

Please?

El Haroldo
28-08-2008, 01:29
Oh, the Mega Heavy Flamer. No, I think the Immolater is close enough, and maybe even better since it is Twin-Linked.

How about a Sister Retributor squad in Terminator Armour. Two Multimeltas and two Heavy Flamers?

This thread's a bit of a wishlist eh?

I'm quite happy with my 26 point HB sisters thankyou. Sisters aren't girl space marines. They don't have/need/want Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts, Bikes, Termies, Chaplains, Plasma Cannons, Lascannons, scouts, Librarians, Land Speeders, Predators, Whirlwinds, Vindacators, or Veterans.

Xenobane
28-08-2008, 02:16
This thread's a bit of a wishlist eh?

I'm quite happy with my 26 point HB sisters thankyou. Sisters aren't girl space marines. They don't have/need/want Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts, Bikes, Termies, Chaplains, Plasma Cannons, Lascannons, scouts, Librarians, Land Speeders, Predators, Whirlwinds, Vindacators, or Veterans.

I have to agree - there comes a point at which making up for an army's "deficiencies" takes away their individuality. Sisters look competitive enough in 5th as it is, and their reliance on short-range firepower makes them one of the most interesting and characterful armies in the game.

Chem-Dog
28-08-2008, 04:03
Inferno cannons on immolators.

Please?

A galactically huge, gargantuan NO

There's a very specific fluff reason for this.

Mrah
28-08-2008, 06:37
I think they should have a tank somewhere in between the Immolator and the Exorcist. Like, an Immolator with sponsons (melta / flamer / heavy bolter), better armour and no transport capacity.

BaronDG
28-08-2008, 07:12
Chem-dog, may I ask what particular fluff reason? The old immolator cannon was called Inferno, wasn't it?

The retributor is a cool tank. If we could get that in plastic...

Koryphaus
28-08-2008, 07:45
I had the sudden image of a cross between a Penitent Engine and an Exorcist. Think about it - you could fire burning heretics at the enemy! :D :D :D

the1stpip
28-08-2008, 11:55
Technically, can't they already have a Land Raider if you take an Inq.

I think they should have an inferno cannon on a Rhino, but otherwise, they don't need any new weapons. They are good enough already.

pookie
28-08-2008, 12:06

Great Idea, SM also need 10pt landraiders.... :rolleyes:

sldsmkd
28-08-2008, 12:36
The only things they need are the Repentia to stop being crap so we can add some variety into the look of our armies.

Cheaper options for buying the support & heavy choices would be nice too - it costs a fortune building up squads with 4 heavy bolters or whatnot.

pookie
28-08-2008, 12:40
Cheaper options for buying the support & heavy choices would be nice too - it costs a fortune building up squads with 4 heavy bolters or whatnot.

what and other units get them cheaper? there force is balance, it doesnt really need much more than a few tweaks imo.

sldsmkd
28-08-2008, 12:53
what and other units get them cheaper? there force is balance, it doesnt really need much more than a few tweaks imo.

cheaper in $....

march10k
28-08-2008, 13:09
AP3 flamers are broken as it is...putting them on anything cheaper than a land raider would be ridiculous. I'm more than happy with immolators as-is. For "special" weapons, they already get AP1 bolters;)

Bunnahabhain
28-08-2008, 13:12
A galactically huge, gargantuan NO

There's a very specific fluff reason for this.

That being, if the Guard have any more of their decent*, charcterful weapons borrowed, stolen or removed from them- see demolisher cannons, assault cannons, vanquisher, griffons..., then they're likely to lead a revolt, and rid the Galaxy of the theiving, no good power armoured so and so's for once and for all.

Inferno cannons are on the shopping list all right. The panic and disbelieve when the Flamey landraider was announced, with the sponsons just described as some kind of super flamer, and it was widely assumed to be inferno cannons....

* oddly enough, nobody seems to want to steal grenade launchers or lasguns.

Slaaneshi Slave
28-08-2008, 13:12
I find it amusing it is the Space Marine players who are dead set against Battle Sisters getting anything new, especially since Marines get a stack of new units with their new book.

Koryphaus
28-08-2008, 13:43
But we haven't got the new stuff yet, and won't until October 5. And you know anybody else getting anything new and shiny before we get get some would be totally unfair.. :p ;)

march10k
28-08-2008, 14:26
Meh...my Deathwing won't be using those flamey land raiders...my answer to power armor is lightning claws. Not every marine player is rushing out to load up on those things.

kilokalex
28-08-2008, 14:26
No not anything like that maybe a flamer with a nozzle so it goes further or a 18 inch melta or a mini assault cannon that just fires 4 bolter rounds. More infancements than new weapons just to give them a little more pop. maybe just for the celestians. Or a 12 inch inferno gun thats assault one. nothing like an ap 3 flamer just a little more range.

march10k
28-08-2008, 14:34
Or a 12 inch inferno gun thats assault one

That's called a meltagun, son! Having an inferno pistol in the first place is special.

Slaaneshi Slave
28-08-2008, 14:48
Except nobody in their right mind uses them. Hand flamers are so much better. :P

pookie
28-08-2008, 15:08
cheaper in $....

I cant and wont argue with that, imo all ranges should ( and hopefully will ) come in plastic making them cheaper in the long run.

Slaaneshi Slave
28-08-2008, 15:13
I see no reason for a metal model to need to cost more than a plastic one. GW logic of "It's heavier, therefore I will charge more for it" always confused me.

pookie
28-08-2008, 15:17
the cost is down to the moulds isnt it and how much it costs for them? thats what ive always thought

Nostro
28-08-2008, 15:18
Add one to the "Don't need a special weapon".

Having character is not only founbd in a special weapon nobody haves. I tihnk sisters already have their own feel, maybe need a bit more variation but the unique character is already there...

Slaaneshi Slave
28-08-2008, 15:22
the cost is down to the moulds isnt it and how much it costs for them? thats what ive always thought

Plastic Molds cost WAY more than metal.

nazrag
28-08-2008, 15:44
I had the sudden image of a cross between a Penitent Engine and an Exorcist. Think about it - you could fire burning heretics at the enemy! :D :D :D

well that caused some movement in my pants :D

ChaosTicket
28-08-2008, 16:35
Oh, Battle Sister do need to have heavy weapons besides the heavy flamer. I want to see squads besides the Celestines with Multi-Meltas, and Heavy Bolters.

I want Battle Sisters to have heavy weapons, but not all astartes weapons. Multi-Meltas, and Heavy Bolters are heavy versions of their special weapons, but are immobile like other heavy weapons.

Slaaneshi Slave
28-08-2008, 17:03
The only thing I want for my Sisters is to be able to take 4 Heavy Flamers in my Retributor squads again.

Neftus
28-08-2008, 18:22
The only thing I want for my Sisters is to be able to take 4 Heavy Flamers in my Retributor squads again.

Yes, that would be amazing.

Instead of making up new units for sisters they should just fix the ones that never see play (which is basically everything besides normal battle squads, seraphim, and exorcists).

Geddonight
28-08-2008, 18:34
* oddly enough, nobody seems to want to steal grenade launchers or lasguns.

'cept of course for the new space marine scout bikers, albeit with an apparently upgraded version of the grenade launcher.

I too think Sisters are plenty fine with their faith and their trifecta of weaponry. Bolter, Flamer, Melta--what more do you need?

Hrw-Amen
28-08-2008, 19:02
Being more into modelling than playing I have made up a unit of SOB's with twin linked weapons on a wheeled chasis. A bit like field artillery, I've done one for each of the heavy weapon options from the immolator.

I've also done some other creative ideas, for example a squad with sniper rifles, a squad with grenade launchers. These are similar to dominions where you get four in the squad with that option, a sister superior and then other normal sisters to make up numbers. The ones in the sniper squad all come with camo cloaks, the ones in the grenade launcher squad all come with extra round drums for the grenade lauchers.

I've also made an entire SOB army consisting just of flamer units many of which I've converted. After all I figured that they do like to burn things. I've even modelled some little hand palette trucks with extra barrels of promethium for the auxillaries to lug about.

sldsmkd
28-08-2008, 21:43
Yes, that would be amazing.

Instead of making up new units for sisters they should just fix the ones that never see play (which is basically everything besides normal battle squads, seraphim, and exorcists).

Most of the units are pretty decent, but they cost far too much real money to buy.

A retributor needs 6 individual sister blister packs + an expensive transport, it's a good unit and has it's uses but it is very expensive to get set up.

A regular box of 10 sisters still needs 1 or 2 extra individual blister packs + a transport to make usable.

A box of 5 seraphims needs a +2-3 individual sisters to make usable.

The only variety we really have in a pure SOB army are the Repentia, and they are fantastic models. But in gaming terms are completely useless.

The sisters should be a stand alone army, the inquisition tie is tenuos at best. They are a solid army, full of character and stand alone as a pure force. A set of plastics and some proper advertising is all they need.

The Grey Knights could be a standalone force too, they just need reimaging without the =I=

kadun
28-08-2008, 21:52
My Sisters Troops squads can have three Rending Flamer Templates plus 14 Rending Bolter shots. I think that's special enough.

Slaaneshi Slave
28-08-2008, 22:06
It is when Sisters players start calling Divine Guidance Rending that the poor fools who don't have the honour of player Sisters of Battle get funky ideas about what we can actually do. Try and stick to the facts please, we see enough whining around here without giving Marine players something else fictional to whine on.

Vet.Sister
29-08-2008, 00:21
I had an idea for Retributor squads with 4 Multi-meltas. A special rule called "Focused-Fire" or something. Basically the player picks a target and then predicts how many multi-melta hits s/he will roll.
Predict 1 & Roll 1 or more hits = no change (ie fire all multi-meltas normally)
Predict 2 & Roll at least 2 hits = resolve one shot with the extra penetration dice at maximum range.
Predict 3 & Roll at least 3 hits = resolve one shot using 1 blast marker (no scatter) plus extra penetration dice at maximum range.
Predict 4 & Roll 4 hits = resolve one shot using 1 ordinance template plus extra penetration dice at maximum range.

If your prediction is greater than your roll, those dice that do hit are resolved normally. You could even predict two sets of 2 if you like, although you'll probably need different colored dice.

Do you think this will make multi-meltas worth their point cost?