PDA

View Full Version : Character heavy daemon list 2k

Mullitron
27-08-2008, 21:42
The following list is somewhat unbalanced due to financial restrictions and what i already own. Anyway any suggestions/advice? I havent played with or against daemons yet only painted a few so if theres any glaring mistakes or units iam missing please say. Thanks for any advice/criticism.

keeper of secrets
level 4
temptator
siren song
allure of slaanesh

masque of slaanesh 90

herald of slaanesh
Battle standard
Great icon of despair
allure of slaanesh 215

skull taker 150

15 bloodletters
full command
skull totem 235

14 bloodletters
full command
skull totem 223

19 demonettes
alluress 240

5 flamers 175

Total 1998

ROCKY
27-08-2008, 21:51
okay.... first off the whole point here is to ensure that your magic is successful. so what i would suggest is taking a unit of 24 horrors with a herald of tzeentch (bsb) with the MoS and spell breaker. then take the masque, and as for the keeper, take the siren song, blade of torment. then take 2 units of 12 daemonettes, and take flesh hounds as the special choice and take 5 flamers (promoting one to a pyrocaster). your army will be fast moving, and have roughly 10pd and 6DD +scroll.

kobo1d
28-08-2008, 09:47
okay.... first off the whole point here is to ensure that your magic is successful. so what i would suggest is taking a unit of 24 horrors with a herald of tzeentch (bsb) with the MoS and spell breaker. then take the masque, and as for the keeper, take the siren song, blade of torment. then take 2 units of 12 daemonettes, and take flesh hounds as the special choice and take 5 flamers (promoting one to a pyrocaster). your army will be fast moving, and have roughly 10pd and 6DD +scroll.

Good advice. I think Fiends of Slaanesh might be useful here too.

Mullitron
28-08-2008, 09:53
Are blood letters not all that good then? Its that i already own 2 box sets of blood letters and the skull taker :P

ROCKY
28-08-2008, 10:25
Good advice. I think Fiends of Slaanesh might be useful here too.

yup, you are most correct. fiends are fast, have -2armor attacks 4 attacks each and 3 wounds. plus they fit in with the theme.:p

ROCKY
28-08-2008, 10:27
Are blood letters not all that good then? Its that i already own 2 box sets of blood letters and the skull taker :P

bloodletters are great. but i would use them in an all tzeentch khorne army or you could try taking down 1 unit of the 12 daemonettes i mentioned and add 12 blood letters. just remember they hit hard, but they are not as fast (mv 5) as daemonettes (mv 6) and do not have many attacks. and without a herald they do not get hatred. plus u need them to keep up with the rest of your army as flanking units.