PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Legion colour scheme

AdamR
28-08-2008, 10:08
Given that Alpha Legion are masters of misdirection, would they ever deploy in their "official" post heresy colours - surely they'd normally appear as another chapter - eithyer chaos or loyalist, depending on their goals.
I was thinking about painting up an Alpha Legion army in Ultramarines colours - viable?

nazrag
28-08-2008, 11:09
Being that they are Alpha Legion they are as likely to show up in their original colors as in poo-smeared pink:p (if there is even a world with fauna like that :rolleyes:).
But yes, you can paint them up in Ultramarines colors, just tell people before you play them that they are indeed Alpha Legionares. :)

DarthSte
28-08-2008, 11:43
I'd say yes. For the same reasons as nazrag. Maybe still give them the hydra on the shoulder pad though?

AdamR
28-08-2008, 11:45
poo-smeared pink:p

Is that shade available in the foundation paint set?:p

Dragonlv8
28-08-2008, 12:21
Is that shade available in the foundation paint set?:p

I don't think so but I have a foundation paint which I can't remember its name which looks like baby poo colour so close enough.

Cherubael
28-08-2008, 13:29
I had a similar idea a while ago, but kept the Alpha legions colours and added iconography from various chapters to unit champions and HQ models - so the loyalist chapters would either be blamed for the attack or investigated since obviously members of their chapter have gone rogue.

Phoenix Blaze
28-08-2008, 13:40
Hells yeah, of course the Alpha Legion would do this. In the Index Astartes article, either for the Alpha Legion or the Ultramarines, when retelling the battle where Guilliman supposedly killed Alpharius, some Alpha Legion troops painted their armour blue to confuse the Ultramarines.

Richter Kless
28-08-2008, 15:02
Exactly how are they going to fool anyone? You know with the horns, spikes and arrows and all that?

AdamR
28-08-2008, 15:45
I was planning on using "bare" helmets,and if you were going to bother disguising your armour, I think you'd leave the spikes off. But fwiw, I dont think regular imperial citizens or even guard would know the difference - they're hardly going to say "ooh those terminators are using a reaper not an assault cannon", or "that armour's not mk7!"

Somnicide
28-08-2008, 17:34
I am doing mine all regular like but then painting one part in the blue of the Legion. I am doing a mix of many different chapters - both loyalist and chaos 2-3 models each. The models so far look pretty cool. I am also doing a couple of squads as regular Alpha Legion just to it is clear overall what the army is.

Phoenix Blaze
28-08-2008, 20:43
Exactly how are they going to fool anyone? You know with the horns, spikes and arrows and all that?

Well in the IA article, this was just after the Heresy, and of all Legions, I imagine that the Alpha Legion would have the least horns and spikes and such, more so right after the Heresy.

Also, when a company of marines are charging at you, I highly doubt anyone would go "hmm....they have horns and chaos symbols on them..." it'd more be like "HOLY ****, ASTARTES!!!!!"

Somnicide
28-08-2008, 22:14

Also, on mine, there are purity seals and if you look closely, most non alpha suits of armor have killing blow damage be it a chunk in the chest armor or like one of my asp champs that has a helmet on his belt that is broken and missing one eye plate.