PDA

View Full Version : Info on Bloodpact Tanks

Chem-Dog
29-08-2008, 05:30
I'm trying to make a LatD list that allows players to, amongst other things, field a viable Bloodpact army/ Currently I'm working on a Heavy tank with options enough (hopefully) to reflect most Imperial pattern tanks and I'm keen to see how well it measures up against the Blood Pact's fighting vehicles (STeG 4, AT70 Reaver and AT83 Brigand). Any info on these babies will be magic the searches I've done haven't yielded much in the way of hard data on armaments or armour, if you want to wax lyrical about the strengths and weaknesses of them too, feel free. :D :D

Sikkukkut
29-08-2008, 06:13
I think Honour Guard is probably your best bet. As I recall there's a briefing fairly early in the book where one of the armour commanders (Pardus?) is giving his assessment of the enemy tanks. It's the Infardi/Ershul who are using them rather than the Blood Pact, but I think the actual tank models are the same. The later books aren't much help - the massed Blood Pact assaults I remember from Sabbat Martyr and His Last Command were infantry-heavy, with most of the armour being stalk-tanks rather than the conventional kind.

Brother Loki
29-08-2008, 09:49
The STeG4 is described as a light, wheeled, fast moving armoured car armed with an autocannon IIRC. I'd probably go with a counts-as Salamander scout with armoured crew compartment, or possibly a VDR equivalent with a heavy stubber as a hull secondary weapon instead of a heavy bolter. I believe Old Guard might have made one in his traitor guard project log, out of a reversed leman russ hull with a predator turret or something similar.

The AT70 reaver is described as comparable to a Leman Russ, but without the recoil compensators which allow the Russ to fire its battle cannon on the move. - possibly use Russ Stats but with a points drop, and allow it to only fire when stationary. The AT83 Brigand is a heavier version - so the same deal but with demolisher stats.

Curufew
29-08-2008, 13:54
The blood pact use some Stalk tank in the novel Double Eagle. It's a 6-legged warmachine with heavy las weapons.

Fire Harte
29-08-2008, 14:06
I would have the stalk tank as sentinels stats. Hevier versions a defiler profile.

Although, I think in the latest instalment of FIRE BASE, some one produced some stats for it. Worth looking at!

legio mortis
29-08-2008, 17:58
The AT70 reaver is described as comparable to a Leman Russ, but without the recoil compensators which allow the Russ to fire its battle cannon on the move.
Actually, the AT70 is a light tank, inferior to the Russ in almost every way. I'd use Chimera stats, with some extra armor on the back with an autocannon. The AT83 is described as being just about equal to the Russ, if only a slightly bit inferior.

Black Antelope
30-08-2008, 20:54
I'm trying to make a LatD list that allows players to, amongst other things, field a viable Bloodpact army/ Currently I'm working on a Heavy tank with options enough (hopefully) to reflect most Imperial pattern tanks and I'm keen to see how well it measures up against the Blood Pact's fighting vehicles (STeG 4, AT70 Reaver and AT83 Brigand). Any info on these babies will be magic the searches I've done haven't yielded much in the way of hard data on armaments or armour, if you want to wax lyrical about the strengths and weaknesses of them too, feel free. :D :D

Stalktank: IMO its got to be a naked Sentinal with Multilaser, from the weapon discription given in Sabbat Martyr. I personly dont think the Stalk tank given in FIREBASE is representative. That thing is a defiler on drugs, but i read them as fairly weak sentinals.
I would like to run a Pskyer varient, used as a Sanctioned w/ HonourImps and PF. In Apoc give it a data sheet as an unarmed Sentinal with SaP and the Disruption Beacon.
STeG 4: I always thought of a Chimera with Autocannon turret, but a Salamander (Brother Loki) is probably better. Although, I would not bother with ACC.
AT70: Chimeradon!
AT83: Standard Lemun Russ
Also discribed in HG are light tanks, so either Hellhounds or HB/AC/HS Salamaders, and field guns, for which I would use Griffions [Self Propelled Field Mortar].
Which tank has 6 huge wheels and a double autocannon turrut?

I would also like to see the trucks used by the Ghosts in HG. AV10, can carry Command squad, 2 line squads and a remnant unit? But that is the other side...

Brother Siccarius
30-08-2008, 21:40
I would also like to see the trucks used by the Ghosts in HG. AV10, can carry Command squad, 2 line squads and a remnant unit? But that is the other side...
From the sounds of it in the book, it's probably nothing more than a deuce and a 1/2.

Brother Loki
04-09-2008, 11:32
There's also a Stalk Tank in ine of the codexes from www.tempusfugitives.co.uk - either the Lost and the Damned or Forge of Souls (Dark Mechanicus) - I forget which.

For a codex version I would go with a sentinel with Armoured crew compartment and rough terrain modification (more legs for climbing over rough terrain). I like the idea of the psyker variant counting as a disruptor beacon in Apocalypse as well.

Hrw-Amen
04-09-2008, 12:11
To see my take on the Steg 4 armoured car then look at this short clip on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm3gOy-QTqs hopefully the link works? Basically I figured it to be a bit like those small scout armoured cars that the British Army used during and just after WWII, I think one was called the Whippet off the top of my head?

As for the AT70 tanks as has been said they are not supposed to be quite as good as the Leman Russ. I have attached a picture of something I've called Proto-Russ tanks that I made from cardboard and the bits box, as they do not have the front weapon or sponsons they could easily qualify I guess as an AT70 type tank.

If I recall correctly there was an artists sketch of a stalk tank in background book that GW published on the Sabbat Worlds Crusade, although to me it look a bit war of the worlds like and not particularly 40K'ish. Then again I guess even the dark mechanicus come from Mars originally so perhaps that is a strange irony or even something done as an intentional pun?