PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves 2250 pts

KingOfStarcraft
29-08-2008, 08:46
Dark elfs 2250 pts

Dread lord, Pendant of khaeleth, Armour of eternal servitude, Seal of ghrond 230
Death Hag, battle standard, rune of khaine, Standard of Hag Greaf 175
Sorcerer level 2, Dispel scroll, sacrificial dagger 185
Sorcerer level 2, Dispel scroll, star cloak 185

Core:
5 Dark riders, Repeater crossbow, musician 117
5 Dark riders, Repeater crossbow, musician 117
5 Harpies 55
5 Harpies 55
26 Dark elf warriors, banner of murder, full command & shields 252, dread lord & death hag joins this unit
Deployed 7x4
29 Dark elf warriors, musician, 177, sacrificial dagger sorcerer here
Deployed 5x6
23 Dark elf warriors, shields, full command & war banner 202, normal sorcerer here
Deployed 6x4

Special:
5 Shades, great weapon & repeater crossbow 90
5 Shades, great weapon & repeater crossbow 90

Rare:
Hydra 175 pts
Hydra 175 pts

Models: 118
Power Dice: 7-15
Dispel Dice: 5 & 2 scrolls

Army overall:
Pretty stable centre because of the infantry & hydras. Shades will harass the centre & Harpies goes for war machines. Dark riders goes for fast cavalry, war machines & threatens the flank. What do you think?

ivrg
29-08-2008, 08:59
Your BSB is vulnerable and very expensive. I would drop one hydra for some more specials. And with all those harpies, do you really need 2 units of shades? I think one unit of hapies and one unit of shades would be good. If you wanna use a BSB with that ASF standard then put her in a unit of executioners with a champ. A juicy unit of executioners is what you could need in this list. Drop one hydra and some shades and you have it.

KingOfStarcraft
29-08-2008, 09:26
Your BSB is vulnerable and very expensive. I would drop one hydra for some more specials. And with all those harpies, do you really need 2 units of shades? I think one unit of hapies and one unit of shades would be good. If you wanna use a BSB with that ASF standard then put her in a unit of executioners with a champ. A juicy unit of executioners is what you could need in this list. Drop one hydra and some shades and you have it.

Hydras are awesome :rolleyes:. The thing about the Battle standard is that no one is gonna hit her. Deployed to the far left or right of a unit she should in normal cases only touch one model. With a average of 7 str 4 armour piercing attacks with poison she should manage to kill a single model in my opinion.

ivrg
29-08-2008, 12:57
Good idea. But i stil belive you could do it even better with executioners and one unit of shades less. Spearmen are just average in close combat. Otherwise its a good list. Althought its not my type of play to have 2 hydras, they may be good but it would perhaps be more fun with some more variety, but thats only me. Good luck.

steinerp
29-08-2008, 13:33
I'd drop the warriors down to 20 man units. You can almost add a 4th with the points saved. To get the rest I' drop hydra #2 and transform the extra points filling out the unit commands and a chariot or bolt thrower.

Violadudester
29-08-2008, 20:33
For starters I like the list, very interesting choices you made in general.

I agree with ivrg in his suggestion of executioners. Spear elves are great with their full CR support to other units, but I think you need one more hitty unit in the list to complement the already powerful 2 hydras you are fielding. Drop the unit of 26 Warriors and get a nice sized 15-16 strong unit of Execs. With the ASF banner they'll be nigh unstoppable and should you give them the BoM, they'll just be OP.

I don't have my book with me, but shouldn't your lord be 240pts? I might probably mistaken though. Will you be giving him a GW perhaps? I hope so, just stick him with the execs. and tear it up.