PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Hotek??

Archon.42
29-08-2008, 22:44
if a wizard rolls a double (other than double 1) but the casting roll is successfully met, does the spell go off and the wizard then roll on the miscast table?
i have heard differing arguments over it and i dont think the rulebook is very clear,so warseer...help me?

Gazak Blacktoof
29-08-2008, 23:00
"Note that a miscast spell does not normally succeed, regardless of the actual casting result rolled by the Wizard." -BRB, p.108, para. 1.

Normally a miscast is the result of two or more 1's but the miscast rules are general and apply regardless of the reason for the miscast. I suggest people who dispute this should take a look at the rule book, the section on miscasts isn't very long.

Briohmar
30-08-2008, 10:23
As a tack on, and just to see what everyones opinions are, though I'm relatively sure I know the answer. If Teclis rolls a double within 12" of the ring of Hotek, does he IR or MC? I only ask because the rulebook says one thing, but Army books trump the Rule book in most cases.

Count Zero
30-08-2008, 10:34
i think he miscasts, i belive it states somewhere that MC always trump IR (in the case you roll 6,6,1,1 etc)

Gazak Blacktoof
30-08-2008, 11:33
Teclis would miscast. It specifically says that any miscast overrides teclis' total power ability.

Condottiere
30-08-2008, 13:50
Miscasts always take priority, unless otherwise stated. Teclis just ignores the first one each turn.