PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos 3000

Dexter099
30-08-2008, 02:45
WARRIORS OF CHAOS 3,000 points

Lords:

Lord of Chaos: Barded Chaos Steed, MoT, Chaos Runeshield, Flail, Crown of Everlasting Conquest. 340 points.

Exalted Sorceror of Tzeentch: MoT, Staff of Change, Power Stone. 370 points.

Heroes:

Exalted Champion of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, flail. 120 points.

Sorceror of Chaos: Lvl 2, MoT, 2 dispel scrolls. 175 points.

Chergal: Sorceror of Chaos, MoT, Power Familiar. 165 points.

Core:

20 Warriors of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, Chosen, Shields, Full Command. 420 points

15 Warriors of Chaos: Mark of Tzeentch, Halberds, Full Command. 260 points

15 Warriors of Chaos: Great Weapons, MoT, Full Command. 255 points

15 Warriors of Chaos: 2 hand weapons, MoN, Full Command. 285 points.

Special:

8 Knights of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, Full Command. 304 points.

Chariot of Chaos. 100 points.

Rare:

Chaos Giant. 205 points.

2999 points

The Exalted champion and giant play tagteam to attack on one flank and overwhelm it with fear and terror. Then the flank attacks upon the main army happen with the giants and exalted champion on one side, and 8 chaos knights + a Lord of Chaos on the other.

The center is held by blocks of advancing warriors, and magic is used as support. The chariot can be placed where ever neccessary.
Like it?

Dexter099
01-09-2008, 02:21
Anybody play Warriors of Chaos? I don't care whether you don't think your opinions are not good enough or that this list sucks too badly to comment on, I could just use some advice.

Which lores my sorcerors should use?

Valaraukar
01-09-2008, 13:42
I play Warriors of Chaos I have only had a quick look at the list and will try to give some more detailed feedback later. For a friendly fluff oriented army this is fine but to be competitive the main problems I see are thus:

1. VERY few units for a 3000 point game I would consider dropping some warriors and possibly the cost of your characters to get some units of cheap expendable marauders so that you have more deployment choices to see what your opponent is up to and stop yourself being flanked so much which negates the bonus of having all those rank upon ranks of costly warriors.

2. The majority of your army is quite slow moving (also your champion of nurgle is not mounted so will not be able to keep up with the giant for effective comboing and will be stuck out on the flank for a long time especially if march blocked), I would add in some units of chaos hounds to restrict your enemies LOS to your better units for shooting, magic and charges etc. and to combo up with your infantry and flank charge units. Also marauder horsemen could be used for this but are more expensive and should not be used as a flak screen.

If I was making a similar army I would go with smaller units of warriors probably 12 ranked up in 6's to maximise base to base contact with five wide enemy units backed up by cheaper blocks of marauders for static CR as those extra ranks are alot cheaper for them and warhounds for harrying the flanks.

Nightsword
01-09-2008, 13:51
I think 8 knights is a little pointless. You don't get a rank bonus, even if you add the chaos lord to this unit, so it just seems like overkill a little. You could get a 10 warhound which could be used to screen your slow moving warriors just by dropping 2 knights. Another chariot and unit or 2 of marauders might be useful too.

logan054
01-09-2008, 14:06
Lords:

Lord of Chaos: Barded Chaos Steed, MoT, Chaos Runeshield, Flail, Crown of Everlasting Conquest. 340 points.

Whats the point in a chaos runeshield and a flail? cant use both, i think you would be alot better off with dropping the chaos runeshield and perhaps taking armour of damntion.

Seems ok, maybe add a steed

Exalted Champion of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, flail. 120 points.

Why not just pay the 5pts and give ghim a great weapon

Sorceror of Chaos: Lvl 2, MoT, 2 dispel scrolls. 175 points.

Both seem fine

Far to many points in this unit, i would personally make them 12 strong, add great weapons and perhaps warbanner

15 Warriors of Chaos: Mark of Tzeentch, Halberds, Full Command. 260 points

maybe drop these for a couple of units of marauders, give you the extra numbers and static combat res.

15 Warriors of Chaos: Great Weapons, MoT, Full Command. 255 points

I would swap the great weapons for HW+SH

Could be ok

Personally i would drop this unit down to 5/6 and make them chosen

Chariot of Chaos. 100 points.

Try and add another

Chaos Giant. 205 points.

Seems good maybe add in some spawn, really handy in such predominantly infantry armies

Dexter099
02-09-2008, 21:46
First of all thank you guys for help posting.

I play Warriors of Chaos I have only had a quick look at the list and will try to give some more detailed feedback later. For a friendly fluff oriented army this is fine but to be competitive the main problems I see are thus:

1. VERY few units for a 3000 point game I would consider dropping some warriors and possibly the cost of your characters to get some units of cheap expendable marauders so that you have more deployment choices to see what your opponent is up to and stop yourself being flanked so much which negates the bonus of having all those rank upon ranks of costly warriors.

2. The majority of your army is quite slow moving (also your champion of nurgle is not mounted so will not be able to keep up with the giant for effective comboing and will be stuck out on the flank for a long time especially if march blocked), I would add in some units of chaos hounds to restrict your enemies LOS to your better units for shooting, magic and charges etc. and to combo up with your infantry and flank charge units. Also marauder horsemen could be used for this but are more expensive and should not be used as a flak screen.

3) If I was making a similar army I would go with smaller units of warriors probably 12 ranked up in 6's to maximise base to base contact with five wide enemy units backed up by cheaper blocks of marauders for static CR as those extra ranks are alot cheaper for them and warhounds for harrying the flanks.

1) Hmmmm... I suppose this army has low numbers. I may indeed want a sacrificial unit to give to my opponent's elite troop. Maybe about 10-15 Marauders w/ hand weapons. The question is what to drop?

2) A good idea, to give my Exalted Champion a horse. The only problem with chaos hounds is, they are currently expensive and I am waiting for the new plastic set when I will get one. I usually use Marauders w/ hand weapons as a fire screen and then a block of marauders that always die to whoever they fight. The reason I stopped using the Marauder screen was that the enemy shooting was usually on a hill, which made my screen into a charge block for my troops.

I suppose I could add in some Marauders w/ hand weapons and use them as occupation for my enmy or as a missile screen.

3) I personally don't like 6 by 2 blocks of warriros because they don't have numbers, so my fear gets less effect, a rank bonus I will always get, my units have more resilience, and my units don't take up so much space so I don't have Movement issues.

I think 8 knights is a little pointless. You don't get a rank bonus, even if you add the chaos lord to this unit, so it just seems like overkill a little. You could get a 10 warhound which could be used to screen your slow moving warriors just by dropping 2 knights. Another chariot and unit or 2 of marauders might be useful too.

7 Knights will always get to attack against units with 5 to the front. An 8th Knight also adds numbers to help break the enemy, and the ability to take shooting casualties and still fight to max. 5 Chosen Knights never win combats, and 7 of them I don't have points for.

I like the Warhound idea a lot, but I don't have them and can't afford them now. But i will keep your strategic suggestions for them in mind. I would get another Chariot but I don't have one.

Quote Lords:

Whats the point in a chaos runeshield and a flail? cant use both, i think you would be alot better off with dropping the chaos runeshield and perhaps taking armour of damntion.

Quote Exalted Sorceror of Tzeentch: MoT, Staff of Change, Power Stone. 370 points.
Seems ok, maybe add a steed

Quote Exalted Champion of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, flail. 120 points.
Why not just pay the 5pts and give ghim a great weapon

Quote Sorceror of Chaos: Lvl 2, MoT, 2 dispel scrolls. 175 points.

Both seem fine

Quote 20 Warriors of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, Chosen, Shields, Full Command. 420 points
Far to many points in this unit, i would personally make them 12 strong, add great weapons and perhaps warbanner

Quote 15 Warriors of Chaos: Mark of Tzeentch, Halberds, Full Command. 260 points
maybe drop these for a couple of units of marauders, give you the extra numbers and static combat res.

Quote 15 Warriors of Chaos: Great Weapons, MoT, Full Command. 255 points
I would swap the great weapons for HW+SH

Quote 15 Warriors of Chaos: 2 hand weapons, MoN, Full Command. 285 points.
Could be ok

Quote 8 Knights of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, Full Command. 304 points.
Personally i would drop this unit down to 5/6 and make them chosen

Quote Chariot of Chaos. 100 points.
Try and add another

Quote Chaos Giant. 205 points.
Seems good maybe add in some spawn, really handy in such predominantly infantry armies

For the lord of chaos, a chaos runeshield is really good against other characters, and will totally doom them. I can hold a chaos Runeshield in reserve and use the flail as a weapon however. My other option with him, though, is to drop the runeshiled, get the armor of damnation, and get a sword of might and a shield. This would be 15 more points, though, and in general I like the chaos runeshield.

Exalted Sorceror: Really not necessary, more of a commodity to give him a horse.

Exalted Champion: I will be giving him a horse, so only +1 S, and anyways, his initiative is too high to use a great weapon.

Chosen: Even though their points cost is high, they don't lose combats, and are invaluable because of it. They also almost always break the opponent Turn 1 of combat from fear and having 20 guys after winning the combat.

That's their beauty; they're resilient as well, and their attacks aren't their main advantage.

Warriors with Halberds: Maybe so, but I think they're pretty good. Maybe I should give them shields... I generally don't like amrauders as combat troops that I expect to win combat.

Warriors w/ GWs: I like the Great Weapons, but maybe I'll just swap the halberds for Hand Weapons and Shields.

Warriors w/ 2 HWs: Yes, they usually do pretty well, but they do lack numbers.

In my opinion and experience fighting with Knights, 8 Regular Ones> 5 Chosen Ones

Chariot: Don't have another, but good point. I should get another.

Giant: I like Giants. I would use Spawn, but I don't have the points.

(((Oh yes, any suggestions on which lores to get? Not really worried about casting value so much, thanks to Staff of Change)))

So...

Lords:

Heroes:

Exalted Champion of Chaos: Mark of Nurgle, flail. 120 points. GET HORSE

Sorceror of Chaos: Lvl 2, MoT, 2 dispel scrolls. 175 points. KEEP?

Chergal: Sorceror of Chaos, MoT, Power Familiar. 165 points. KEEP?

Core:

15 Warriors of Chaos: Mark of Tzeentch, Shields, Full Command. 245 points

15 Warriors of Chaos: Great Weapons, MoT, Full Command. 255 points.

15 Marauders. 75 points.

Special:

Rare:

Chaos Giant. 205 points.

2999 points

45 Points left to spend? What should it go towards?

Spawn? Cannon? Chaos Lord's alterante version shield? Something else? Maybe I should drop unit of marauders down to 10?