10 thunderers-shields=150
10 Quarellers=110

BT-champ, Rune of flame=65
BT-champ, Rune of penetrating=85
BT-champ=60
BT-champ=60
Cannon-Rune of forging, Rune of flame=130

Organ Gun=120

Im aiming for something that will win a lot. I think this will be competetive but hey maybe im wrong. let me know what you guys think(suggestion would be greatly appreciated).

Lord Bob
30-08-2008, 11:15
IMO you need something to cope with a fast CC unit that almost every enemy has. Further more, you need something to help that unit. I'll post my 1000 pts dwarf list in an other thread, it might give you some ideas, but post a reply anyway!

long bow
31-08-2008, 05:07
take out 2 bt and puut in some wariors

marine4792
31-08-2008, 07:17
i was debating taking out the 2 thunderer units for a big block of warriors and a thane. but the only thing that worries me is skirmishers. with only 1 shooty unit i dont know if i can defend my warmachines. I dont know about taking out the bolt throwers as i prefer their consistency over the cannon(i suck at guessing) and in a 1000 i dont expect to see too many monsters so the str 10 isn't really that great. also how do you guys feel about my magical defense. is 4 dice enuff or should i add a runesmith with a scroll. as magic could quite easily undo the army.

marine4792
31-08-2008, 07:18
do i really need warriors if im hoping their is nothing left to fight by the time they are within range?

marine4792
31-08-2008, 07:23
hey guys how the best way to deal with skirmishers in a dwarf army. i was leaning towards the organ gun but tell me what you think

King Vyper
31-08-2008, 12:11
i was debating taking out the 2 thunderer units for a big block of warriors and a thane. but the only thing that worries me is skirmishers. with only 1 shooty unit i dont know if i can defend my warmachines. I dont know about taking out the bolt throwers as i prefer their consistency over the cannon(i suck at guessing) and in a 1000 i dont expect to see too many monsters so the str 10 isn't really that great. also how do you guys feel about my magical defense. is 4 dice enuff or should i add a runesmith with a scroll. as magic could quite easily undo the army.

@ 1,000 Points 4 Dispel Dice is a lot, Most players will not be fielding a lot of magic.

do i really need warriors if im hoping their is nothing left to fight by the time they are within range?

Yes, A block or 2 of warriors is always good. 2 15 man units would fill your lines out nicely.

hey guys how the best way to deal with skirmishers in a dwarf army. i was leaning towards the organ gun but tell me what you think

Get rid of the Cannon and Keep the Organ Gun. There will not be alot of targets worth using a cannon on at 1,000 points. Organ guns are great for killling Skirmshers.

Drop the two Bolt Non-Runed Bolt Throwers. It is over kill.

Drop the Master Engineer, Not worth it at 1,000 points

Take a 2 Thanes and make one a BSB and the other a Fighter.

Take two units of Quarrellers w/ Sheilds and One Unit of Thunders.

Take a unit of warriors with command and stick a Thane BSB in there. It will help keep your army from collapseing to panic and morale failures.

or a unit of Slayers, Most people would be surprised to see thme in a small game. Nasty Surprise.