PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Gryphonne

Brother Muninn
30-08-2008, 08:22
So I've been going over interesting marine color schemes for my next force and I can't say I've ever seen anyone field an army of orange marines.

Flipping through the Index Astartes book I came across the Knights of Gryphonne. The scheme is interesting, but the fluff seems to be nonexistent. Anyone know anything about them other than the fact they don't denote company markings on their armor?

~Muninn

Jos
30-08-2008, 09:46
There's a ******** (many) of marine chapters that GW have used on photoshoots but nowhere else. Chances are it might be one of them

Aeneas
31-08-2008, 15:26
In the new rule book, there's a map of "Notable Space Marine Deployments at 998M41" on page 132.

It shows the Knights of Gryphonne as a crusading chapter along the southern rim of the galaxy.

And by the way, my Pyre chaos chapter is orange and black, my Eldar are orange and white, my Tyranids are dark orange and black, even my Thousand Sons are blue and orange. And yes, when the new codex comes out my Knights of Gryphonne will be orange and, maybe green, not sure yet.

St.Germaine
03-09-2008, 16:11
Prior to what's in the new book they were a name and color scheme. They'll always remain dear to my heart as they're the chapter that my daughter chose to paint for her brief foray into 40K before she discovered cheerleading and boys and this became far too geeky to do any more.:(