PDA

View Full Version : daemons of chaos tactica

supermonkey101
30-08-2008, 10:18
as it says in the title, if you have found any useful strategies and would like to share them then just post and make daemons even better than they already are.

what are your views on the 8 spells for kairos fate weaver i think flaming sword could be very handy on heralds of khorne and even on a blood thirster with ausome strength.:evilgrin:

Lijacote
30-08-2008, 10:58
as it says in the title, if you have found any useful strategies and would like to share them then just post and make daemons even better than they already are.

what are your views on the 8 spells for kairos fate weaver i think flaming sword could be very handy on heralds of khorne and even on a blood thirster with ausome strength.:evilgrin:

Heralds of Khorne or Bloodthirsters can never have Flaming Swords of Rhuin.

ROCKY
30-08-2008, 11:01
ummm no. your bloodthirst does not need awesome Strenght. I would recommend the classic but whooping fiery sword, obsidian armor, and immortal fury. however against loads of tiney infantry and low armor troops and or low T i tried and like the dark insanity, armor of khorne, and immortal fury. rerrollable up to 14 hits (if your lucky) a S6. hehehehe they wont know what hit em. as for the normal demons they are pretty self explanitory. make use of the icons.

Lijacote
30-08-2008, 12:34
Ooh, so you meant the Gift, not the Spell. Cunning.

At least you could separate sentences.

ROCKY
30-08-2008, 13:38

yeah i was confused by that as well but i guessed what he meant. flaming sword of rhuin on a bt would suck.

klstrider28
30-08-2008, 17:24

and for future refrence to OP it's actually described as an axe in the entry.

Chris_Tzeentch
30-08-2008, 19:26
I have found Flamers of Tzeentch to be a very useful unit indeed. Their ranged attack is very good, and they arent bad in combat either.

ROCKY
30-08-2008, 21:00
I have found Flamers of Tzeentch to be a very useful unit indeed. Their ranged attack is very good, and they arent bad in combat either.

Yep they are indeed quite resilient. as strong as a flesh hound has as many attacks and wounds (low WS though) and bad ass shooting.

Weemo
30-08-2008, 21:06
in a game against lizardmen. . .
herlad of khorne with 2 bloodcrushers demolished half an army all by themselves hatred high strength and killing blow, what more could you want?

herald of nurgle with plaguebearers are pretty nice

also i find that bloodletters can hold their own and beat pretty much anything, due to high strength WS ect

as for tactica, try to chip off ranks, daemon magic is good but not devastating and being expensive you'l want to reduce your opponents static combat res to as low as possible to give you a better chance of winning.

Chris_Tzeentch
31-08-2008, 10:19
I think the general consensus is that the Deamon Prince is a poor choice to lead the army. Point for point, it is simply nowhere near as good as the greater deamons.

What generals are you people using, what gifts are you using and why?

I am using a largely Nurgle army, so the Great Unclean One leads my force. He is very resilient, especially with Trappings of Nurgle. I make him a level 4, as any damage he can inflict from spells all goes against the tally of Nurgle (I am an Epidemius user).

supermonkey101
31-08-2008, 10:19
sorry for it being unclear but why wouldnt flaming sword of ruin be viable on a herald of khorne or b.thirster. if a herald of khorne had both flaming swords rhuin and regular wouldnt he be st10.

Deetwo
31-08-2008, 10:41
sorry for it being unclear but why wouldnt flaming sword of ruin be viable on a herald of khorne or b.thirster. if a herald of khorne had both flaming swords rhuin and regular wouldnt he be st10.

Because Khorne models are not wizards.

vinny t
31-08-2008, 18:28
Here are some tactics....

1. The 12-man Bloodletter unit
You need: 2-3 12-man letter units, 1-2 flesh hound units, (optional) a Bloodthirster

This is how this works, If you you send a flesh hound unit (or two) or a Bloodthirster FAR around the the table edge so it can have a rear charge the unit you will be trying to charge will often just turn around. But if you throw a letter unit into their front they will be stuck in place for a turn, not being able to turn. This tactic works extreamly well as not many units will be able to kill a unit of bloodletters in one turn. I faced down a unit of hammerers with a lord doing this. You don't have to charge with the unit if you don't want to, just keep it in a position where it can be threten the enemy.

2. The Hearld & Thirster (a very basic tactic)
You need: a Hearld of Khorne on Juggernaut (preferably a BSB) and a Bloodthirster.

It goes like so..
The Hearld advances up in a juggernaut in charge range of a unit but angled as if it won't charge the unit. The Bloodthirster does the same. You then combo charge a unit in the front and gring their toughest unit into paste.

supermonkey101
31-08-2008, 19:45
oh sorry thought flaming sword could be cast on an ally.

i have also found flamers extremely useful but even though their stats are good for combat i never do very well.

Genrazn
01-09-2008, 06:31
What you could do is cast Bears anger on a DP now that would be quite a sight to see.

Lupinbell
01-09-2008, 10:58
That I like the sound of.

How are people dealing with Empire Gun lines? After my Nurgle list got beaten by it, I need some ideas as all I can think of is going pure Tzeentch 1000 points

Disciple of Caliban
01-09-2008, 11:06
Terror.

It's a little tricky to pull of but if you can get a flying greater daemon into the midst of the gunline you should be able to scare a fair chunk of his army away. Perhaps the best way of doing this is sending the daemon (i'll say thirster, my GD of choice) down a flank, supported by a unit of flesh hounds (or 4 :) ), hide them behind cover after their first move, and 2nd turn throw the thrister towards the empire line (away from the general, and ideally the BSB), you should clear enough units away to give your flesh hounds some room to charge the following turn, and your thirster can happily engage the generals unit to keep itself in combat and safe from all that firepower.

That seems too simple, i'm pretty sure i'm over looking something....

EDIT: just re-read you're post, if you're only playing 1k games then greater deamons are out, so you'll just have to load up on flyers i think

Thoughts on Skarbrand? I think he's fairly pricey for what he does, but have a pretty good conversion idea for him, so would really like some way of using him. The main problem i see is you couldnt really afford any other characters at 2k without leaving yourself seriously short of units (and i love my flesh hounds and flamers too much for that)

Valaraukar
01-09-2008, 11:34
Bears Anger only works on US1 models but could be pretty filthy on a herald of slaanesh or khorne.

Skarbrand I have only used against DE to counter there army wide hatred with my own which worked rather nicely IMO, otherwise I think he is over costed for losing his ability to fly and no option for protection on him.

Shadowthrone
27-09-2008, 12:03
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to best use the slanneshi units?

veilwalker
04-10-2008, 16:00
I am a bit confused on the legal use of the heralds.

Can I put a Herald of Khorne mounted on a Juggernaut in a unit of Fleshhounds?

The FAQ indicates that I can do that with Skulltaker mounted on a Jugger but can it be done with a Herald? They conceivably have the same mark but the army book is not clear, at least not to me.

Thanks in advance.

giner
04-10-2008, 16:07
@veilwalker; yes you can put your herald in any unit that is "of Khorne" in its name. A tactic I like is using with that is a HoK with banner of unholy victory in a unit of 5 hounds.

On a different note how do people equip LoCs specifically against VCs. I was thinking corona and twin heads. He would likely be supported by seekers.

blackjack
04-10-2008, 19:29
funny you should ask. I just had a great game against VC with my pure TZ list. IMO it is a sever waste to put an LOC into HTH so corna I think is a bad choice. On the other hand I like either twin heads and magister or will ot TZ and vortex. In a pure TZ army you can never have too many power dice.

Your Mum Rang
04-10-2008, 19:31
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to best use the slanneshi units?

17 Daemonettes w/ Champ + Banner of Ecstasy
+
Herald w/ Siren Song

Pull enemies into a stubborn tarpit and then flank. WIN!