PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Legions of Chaos

Dooks Dizzo
30-08-2008, 23:44
Alright, here's my shot at making a Chaos Codex inline with the new, new design philosiphy.

Codex: Legions of Chaos is based around the legendary Legions from the time of the Heresy with plenty of flexible options to allow you to create your own Renegade warbands.

NOTE: Constructive crisitism only
If you don't like something, think something is OTT or Under Powered do not bother to post unless you have a reasonable suggestion for how to make the idea better.

Anyone not being helpful will be reported.

Army Rules

Rivals
You may only field a single Special Character unless Abbadon is present in the army.

Will of the Dark Gods
If a unit fails a morale test, the owning player may elect to remove one model (players choice) and automatically pass the test.

=HQ=
Abbadon the Despoiler
See Codex: Chaos Space Marines
Special:Heresy Veterans may be taken as Troops in an army that contains Abbadon. If Abbadon is present, any Cult units may be fielded as Troops.

Command Unquestioned: Any army that contains Abbadon may also include any other Special Character.

Typhus
Special: Death Guard may be taken as Troops in an army that contains Typhus.

Herald of Nurgle: Amend Typhus toughness from 4(5) to 5. Typhus will pass a Feel No Pain check on a 3+

Kharn the Betrayer
Special: World Eaters may be taken as Troops in an army that contains Kharn.

Eternal Warrior: Kharn has the Eternal Warrior USR.

Ahriman
Special: Thousand Sons may be taken as Troops in an army that contains Arhiman.

Knowledge Unequaled: Arhiman may select up to two psychic powers from the following Codexes:
Codex: Eldar
Codex: Space Marines
Codex: Blood Angels
Codex: Dark Angels

Lucious the Eternal
Special: Emperors Children may be taken as Troops in an army that contains Lucious.

Swordsman Unequaled: Lucious hs the prefered enemy special rule and confers it to any unit he is attached to.

Duelist: If Lucious directs all his attacks against a single model he adds +D3 attacks to his profile.

Huron Blackheart
Special: Ruthless Raiders
An army that contains Huron Blackheart may elect to take the following options:
0-1 Land Raider Crusader (See Codex: Space Marines)
or
0-1 Land Raider Redeemer (See Codex: Space Marines)
0-2 Razorback (See Codex: Space Marines)
Replace a Powerfist with a Thunder Hammer for +5 points.
Replace a Reaper Auto Cannon with a Cyclone Missile Launcher for free or an Assault Cannon for +5 points.

=Elites=
These elite warriors have been fighting in the name of the Dark Gods for 10,000 years. After so long only the very strongest, most visious and brutal of them remain.

Heresy Veterans
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I:4 A:2 Ld: 10 Sv:3+/6+

Number / Squad:3-10

Cost: 20 points

War Gear:Power Armor. Bolt Pistol / Close Combat Weapon. Frag and Krak Grenades.

Unit Type: Infantry

Characters
Each Heresy Veteran is a character in his own right, having fought countless battles across the millenia. Each one will have picked up trophies from across the galaxy.

Up to three may select one of the following:
Possessed Heavy Bolter (15)
Melta Gun (10)
Plasma Gun (15)

All Heresy Veterans not carrying one of the above must be upgraded with one of the following items:

Power Weapon (10)
Powerfist (20)
Pair of Lightning Claws (20)
Daemon Bolter (5)

Skills:At the start of each battle, select one from the following list and apply it to the entire unit:
Counter Attack
Fleet
Furious Charge
Infiltrate
Hit & Run
Tank Hunters
Counter Attack
Prefered Enemy

Transport
May take a Rhino, Land Raider or Drop Pod as a transport option.

Survivors
Heresy Veterans have learned how to survive and have an uncanny ability to walk away from situations that almost no one else would. This is represented by a 6+ invulnerable save in game terms.

Weapons
Daemon Bolter
S4 Ap5 Range: 24" Rapid Fire
Counts as Twin Linked
Never wounds on worse than a 4+

Possessed Heavy Bolter
S5 Ap4 Range: 36" Heavy 3
or
S5 Ap4 Range: Template Assault 1

World Eaters
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I:4 A:3 Ld: 10 Sv:3+

Cost: 25 points each

Number / Squad: 8 or 16

Wargear: Power Armor. Bolt Pistol. Chain Axe. Frag and Krak Grenades.

Special Rules: Fearless. Furious Charge. Rage.

Chain Axes
A model struck by a Chain Axes reduces it's armor save by 1. ie; 3+ becomes 4+ and so forth.

Options
Up to three models may replace their bolt pistols with:
Power Weapon for 15 Points
Powerfist for 25 points

Terminators
World Eater units may be upgraded to wear Terminator armor for 17 points per model. All models in the unit must be upgraded.

Upgrading them to Terminators has the following effects:
They lose all wargear and exchange it for:
Wargear
Terminator Armor*, Chain Axe, Twin Linked Bolter.

Any model may exchange its Chain Axe for:
Power Weapon +5
Powerfist +10
Pair of Lightning Claws +15

*Terminator Armor grants a 2+ armor save and a 5+ invulnerable save. The unit may elect to Deepstrike in any mission and may no longer preform Sweeping Advances.

Death Guard
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 5 W: 1 I:3 A:1 Ld: 10 Sv:3+

Cost: 23

Number Squad: 7 or 14

Wargear: Bolter. Bolt Pistol / Combat Weapon. Frag, Krak and Blight Grenades.

Special Rules: Fearless. Feel No Pain. Relentless.

Options:Up to two models may exchange their Bolt Pistols for:
Plasma Gun for 15
Melta Gun for 10
Flamer for 5

One model may exhange his close combat weapon for:
Powerfist for 25
Power Weapon for 15

Terminators
Death Guard units may be upgraded to wear Terminator armor for 27 points per model. All models in the unit must be upgraded.

Upgrading them to Terminators has the following effects:
They lose all wargear and exchange it for:
Wargear
Terminator Armor*, Power Weapon, Twin Linked Bolter.

Any model may exchange its Power Weapon for:
Powerfist +10
Pair of Lightning Claws +10

*Terminator Armor grants a 2+ armor save and a 5+ invulnerable save. The unit may elect to Deepstrike in any mission and may no longer preform Sweeping Advances

Thousand Sons
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 5 W: 1 I:3 A:1 Ld: 10 Sv:3++

Cost: 25

Number Squad: 9 or 18

Wargear: Bolters. Inferno Bolts.

Special Rules: Fearless. Slow and Purposful.

Inferno Bolts:
Strength: 4 Ap3 Range 24" Rapid Fire

Emperors Children
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I:5 A:1 Ld: 10 Sv:3+

Cost: 25

Number Squad: 6 or 12

Wargear: Sonic Blaster. Frag and Krak Grenades.

Special Rules: Fearless. Acute Senses. Counter Attack.

Options:
Two models may exchange their Sonic Blasters with a Blast master for 35 points.

One model not carrying a Blast Master may take a Doom Siren for 15 points

One model may take a:
Powerfist for 25 points
Power Weapon for 15 points

=Troops=
Chaos Space Marines

Berzerkers
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I:4 A:2 Ld: 9 Sv:3+
Champion +15
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I:4 A:3 Ld: 10 Sv:3+

Cost: 18

Number Squad: 5-20

Wargear: Bolt Pistol / Close Combat Weapon. Frag and Krak Grenades.

Special Rules: Furious Charge.

Options:
Up to two models take the following:
Flamer +5
Plasma Pistol +10

Character
The Champion may take the following:
Power Weapon for 15
or
Powerfist for 25
or
pair of Lightening Claws for 25

Plague Marines
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4(5) W: 1 I:4 A:1 Ld: 9 Sv:3+
Champion +15
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4(5) W: 1 I:4 A:2 Ld: 10 Sv:3+

Cost: 18

Wargear: Bolter. Bolt Pistol / Close Combat Weapon. Frag and Krak Grenades.

Options:
Up to two models take the following:
Plasma Gun +15
Melta Gun +10
Flamer +5

Character
Power Weapon for 15
or
Powerfist for 25
or

Noise Marines
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I:4 A:1 Ld: 9 Sv:3+
Champion +15
WS: 4 BS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 W: 1 I:4 A:2 Ld: 10 Sv:3+

Cost: 19

Wargear: Sonic Blasters.

Options:
One model take the following:
Plasma Gun +15
Melta Gun +10
Flamer +5

One model not carrying a special weapon may take the following:
Blast Master +35
Heavy Bolter +10
Lascannon + 20

Character
Power Weapon for 15
or
Powerfist for 25
or

Cultists
WS: 3 BS: 3 S: 3 T: 3 W: 1 I:3 A:1 Ld: 7 Sv:5+

Cost:

Number Squad: 5-30

Wargear: Autogun/lasgun or laspistol and CCW

Options:

Dreadnoughts of Chaos
Chaos Dreadnought
See Codex: Chaos Space Marines with the additional options:

Vehicle Upgrade
Adamantite Chains
10 Points
A Dreadnought with this upgrade rolls 2 dice when checking for 'Crazed' results and may choose either roll.

Among the vast Legions of Chaos it is well known that being interred within the armored sarcophocus of a Dreadnought is a fate wrose than death. However for some, for the mightiest of the Champions of Chaos it is an honor beyond reckoning.

When a Veteran of the very battles that shattered the Imperium ten thousand years ago falls, he will be placed within an ancient Dreadnought that has been infused with Daemonic Power. The power of the Daemon lets the Chaos Marine feel the world as though the armored shell were his own skin, the hot blood of his enemies washing across him is a soothing balm to the half life he now lives.

Heresy Veteran Dreadnought Cost: 130 points
WS:5 BS:5 S:6 F:12 S:12 R:10 I:4 A:3

Unit Type: Walker

Wargear: Smoke Launchers. Search Light. Extra Armor.
Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon incorporating a Twin Linked Bolter.

Special Rules: Old Campaigner. A Heresy Veteran Dreadnought may cause a Penetrating Hit to become a Glancing Hit on the roll of a 4+.

*Note, the Heresy Veteran Dreadnought does not roll on the Crazed table.

Options:See Codex Chaos Space Marines for Dreadnought Weapon Options.

Amongst the Legions, only the most devout of the Blood Gods followers truly wish to become Dreadnoughts, spilling blood in Khornes name for eternity is the highest goal of a true son of Angoron.

There have been tales of World Eater Dreadnoughts spilling so much blood in Khornes name that they burst from their adamantine shell into the ultimate reward of Daemonhood.

World Eaters Dreadnought Cost: 120 points
WS:4 BS:4 S:6 F:12 S:12 R:10 I:4 A:4 (5)

Wargear: Smoke Launchers. Search Light. Two Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons incorporating a Twin Linked Bolter. (Additional Attack already in the profile above.)

Special Rules: Blood Crazed. Treat 'Fire Frenzy' results on the Crazed table as Blood Rage instead.

Options: May take Extra Armor for 15 points.
May upgrade one or both of their Twin Linked Bolters into Heavy Flamers for 10 points each.

Only the Sorcerers of the Thousand Sons have enough living remains to become a Dreadnought. They have developed the ability to channel their awesome psychic might through the armored body of the Dreadnoughts they reside in.

His mind already half in the Warp even before death, a Sorcerer finds little trouble adapting to his new home.

Thousand Sons Dreadnought Cost: 160 points
WS:4 BS:4 S:6 F:12 S:12 R:10 I:4 A:3

Wargear: Smoke Launchers. Search Light. Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon Incorporating a single Twin Linked Bolter.

Special Rules: Psychic Might. Though he can no longer channel his will through a Force Weapon as he used to, a Thousands Son Dreadnought does retain some of his old ability and has had his Force Weapon incorporated into his Dreadnoughts powerful close combat weapons.

A Thousand Sons Dreadnought causes 2 wounds for each failed save as long as his Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon is not destroyed.

*Note, a Thousand Sons Dreadnought does not roll on the Crazed table.

Options: See Codex: Chaos Space Marines for Weapon Options.

A Thousand Sons Dreadnought may not take a second Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon.

May take Extra Armor for 15 points.

Inferno Bolts.
A Thousand Sons Dreadnought may upgrade it's Twin Linked Bolter to have Inferno Bolts for +10 points giving it the following Profile.

Twin Linked Bolter
S4 Ap3 Range 24" Rapid Fire, Twin Linked

Additionally it may upgrade a Twin Linked Heavy Bolter or Twin Linked Auto Cannon to have Inferno Bolts for +15 giving them the following Profiles.

Twin Linked Heavy Bolter
S5 Ap3 Range 36" Heavy3, Twin Linked

Twin Linked Auto Cannon
S7 Ap3 Range 48" Heavy2, Twin Linked

Above all else the warriors of the Emperors Children seek sensation. To be cut off from such would drive them irrevokably insane instantly and of no use to their Legion.

Long ago, Fabius Bile found an answer to this. Using hellish daemonic sciences he created a nervous system melded into the very adamatine shell of the dreadnought and linked it into the mind of the warrior within. Every scorching shot that smashes against the dreadnoughts hull is sweet release for the depraved soldier of Slaanesh as he seeks the very heart of combat.

Emperors Children Dreadnought Cost:130 points
WS:4 BS:4 S:6 F:12 S:12 R:10 I:5 A:3

Wargear: Smoke Launchers. Search Light. Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon incorporating a Sonic Blaster.

Special Rules:
Fueled by Pain. Emperors Children Dreadnoughts ignore Shaken and Stunned results.

Height of Sensation:
An Emperors Children Dreadnought who has been hit by a melee or ranged attack does not have to roll on the 'Crazed' table, regardless of whether or not the shots glanced or penetrated.

Knowing this, Emperors Children (and only Emperors Children) may elect to fire upon the Dreadnought in their own shooting phase.

Options:
May take a Blast Master for 20 points.
May upgrade a single Sonic Blaster to a Doom Siren for +10 points.

See Codex: Chaos Space Marines for additional Weapon options.

Iron Warriors Siege Dreadnought
WS:4 BS:4 S:6 F:13 S:13 R:11 I:4 A:3

Wargear: Smoke Launchers. Search Light. Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon incorporating a Twin Linked Bolter.

Special Rules:
Iron Within, Iron Without
An Iron Warriors Siege Dreadnought rolls on the 'Crazed' table as normal with the following exception:
The disipline of the Iron Warriors is legenardy, if a 'Fire Frenzy' or 'Blood Rage' result is rolled the owning player may instead elect the dreadnought to do nothing that turn as the Marine inside focuses his will and retains his sanity.

If the player chooses to ignore the table result the dreadought may not move, shoot or launch an assault that turn but will fight close combat normally if assaulted.

Siege Engine
An Iron Warriors Dreadnought must always have atleast one Dreadnought Close Combat weapon and may not replace it for a second ranged weapon.

If a second Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon is selected the Iron Warriors Siege Dreadnought rolls 2D6 + Strength for armor penetration.

Options
See Codex: Chaos Space Marines for additional Weapon options

SimBoy
31-08-2008, 03:41
Good one!! Keeps the balance and adds some flavour for cults... The last codex was missing cults options.

If found codex chaos a great one already, as for your «cultist» codex, I would give it a try as house rules in my gaming club. Some Chaos players who were not that happy with the new codex might find your's interresting.

I just have not taken the time yet to fully control the pointcost vs «ability» of all your new unit/options, but I sure say your idea is good!

Dooks Dizzo
31-08-2008, 14:46
Glad you like it. I have had a lot of fun putting this stuff together. Balancing things is the hardest part really.

I have some cool idea's for Possessed and such and will be working out rules for the Undivided Legions shortly!

CHOOBER SNIPES
31-08-2008, 15:26
I love it. You made the heresy vets exactly like i thought they should be. Two things tho, shouldnt the world eaters be WS5?? and what is rage? is it a USR (dont have my book on me) or did you just forget to put in the description?

IronNerd
31-08-2008, 15:45
I very much like Huron's special rules. If all Chaos is going to be renegades, we should have some new gear! Thanks for tipping me off to this Dooks, good read.

Adra
31-08-2008, 15:51
For the Iron Warriors Dread how about roll 2D6 armour penetration and pick highest instead of the total of 2D6. Still powerful but a bit more reasonable.

For the Death Guard dread maybe bring back Mutated Hull for +1 armour all round. Maybe also give it 3.5 Nurgles Rot (every infantry unit within 6 of the Dread u roll a D6 for in the Dreads shooting phase. Any sixes rolled force the unit to make an armour save.)

All looks great cant weight to see what you do with the Lord :)

Dooks Dizzo
31-08-2008, 16:05
Already the good suggestions are rolling in!

Two things tho, shouldnt the world eaters be WS5?? and what is rage? is it a USR (dont have my book on me) or did you just forget to put in the description? The idea here is that they kill their enemies with the weight of attacks. Each has 3 attacks base now and 2 weapons, so they get a ton of swings. I initially had them at WS5 but by the time it was all said and done their points would have been in the 27-30 range and that was just too much.

So I went with the philosophy that they are not fancy swordsmen but raging maniacs that slaughter all in their path.

Rage means they MUSt move and assault towards the nearest enemy. Similiar to the old rules. I threw it in as a draw back to keep their points reasonable.

For the Iron Warriors Dread how about roll 2D6 armour penetration and pick highest instead of the total of 2D6. Still powerful but a bit more reasonable. Excellent point. I will change it.

I have a tounry to go to today, so it will be a little bit before update.

Here is the original thread on the Relic Forums. It's a bit more cleaned up and easier to read: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=202764

It will probably be updated a bit more often as well. The 'Spoiler Tags' make the thread much more manageable.

Mozzamanx
31-08-2008, 16:13
Seems nice, just 2 main gripes.

- I didn't see Rubric Terminators! These were always awesome, and nigh on indestructable. Would be nice to have them back.
- Be careful of Ahriman, the potential for abuse is very strong here. For example, Might of Heroes (Blood Angels) + Warptime (Chaos) gives 5-7 Force Weapon attacks, rerolling hits and misses.

Dooks Dizzo
31-08-2008, 16:23
Don't worry about the other terminators, they will be making an apperance! I just didn't get to it on my first run through. I forgot to add Chainfists as an option as well for example. I have a lot of the 'meat' put down but I need to get the little things squared away.

Ahriman is pretty scary. I am going to make a note that he must PAY for the powers from other codexes. I am hoping that his very high points cost would balance out the chance for cheese.

Of course 'Fortune' added with Rhubric Terminators, or any terminators might just be too much. The thing is that the idea I have is very fluffy but maybe not practical.

Firaxin
31-08-2008, 18:04
No nurgle dreadnought?

Also, with the deathguard (i didn't notice if the other legion specific squads were the same) if you upgrade them to terminators, they no longer have as many attacks as regular terminators upgraded to nurgle...

Dooks Dizzo
01-09-2008, 17:08
Nurgle Dreadnought will be coming up.

I am not sure if I should increase the Nurgle Terminators attacks or not. They are 50 points a piece which is awefully expensive and you have to take 7, so 350 points without upgrades is pretty rough.

However, 2+/5+ T5 and FNP is right on the edge of too tough to be playable.

Have to think about it.

marv335
01-09-2008, 17:27
i'd drop the modifier for the chain axes, and give them the option to use the axes two handed.
Give them rending if used in this fashion.
as to arihman, too abuseable.
give him a list of his own powers. choosing from all those codecies is too powerful.
the TS dreadnaught ccw looks like it's going to cause too many gameplay problems. he'd be better off with a standard force weapon.
i'd also keep inferno bolts as a bolter only upgrade.
AP3 heavy bolters? not that balanced. maybe with the addition of "gets hot"

Firaxin
01-09-2008, 17:54
Nurgle Dreadnought will be coming up.
Hurray!

I am not sure if I should increase the Nurgle Terminators attacks or not. They are 50 points a piece which is awefully expensive and you have to take 7, so 350 points without upgrades is pretty rough.

However, 2+/5+ T5 and FNP is right on the edge of too tough to be playable.

Have to think about it.

Just remember, a plasma gun will wound these on a 2+ and ignore their 2+ save AND their FNP save. *Shudder* Just imagine an earthshaker round or something catching the whole squad in one shot....

Lord Humongous
01-09-2008, 22:02
I don't see how they WEs are worth more than a deathgaurd (who you have costing less)... they just aren;t that strong, and rage is a BIG drawback.

I'm also not fond of the WS 4 / 3 attack setup. WS5 is nice because it means other WS 5 troops only hit on 4s. Plus, rolling 5 dice per model is a BIG handful; easier on the dice pile just to have fewer attacks that hit better / do more damage. WS 5, 2 attacks base seems easier to deal with.

I could also live without rending or any other special chain axe rule. (If you do want one, allowing 2 handed use at +1 strength would be nice; again, fewer rolls, better effect, and in this case very useful against vehicles and MCs- they could even wound wraithlords without the help of FC!)

How about a special WE rule that allows them to move into BTB contact with enemy units when consolidating? Call it "Endless Bloodshed" or some such... would help make up for the pain of dealing with "rage" without having "fleet", and makes them really unique.

Also, all the other termies get free power weapons; WE have to pay 5 points or else are stuck with the axe? What's the logic there?

Hellebore
02-09-2008, 02:21
How about a list of powers from those codicies that Ahriman has access to, or perhaps already has?

Of all the eldar ones I think that Mind War would be the most fitting, eldritch storm just isn't worth it compared to the offensive powers chaos already has whilst the others are all very farsee-y and epitomise the scrying abilities of the farseers.

Is there any particular reason you decided to make Thousand Sons T5 and Death Guard Relentless? They sort of cross over into each other a bit.

Hellebore

Dooks Dizzo
02-09-2008, 06:17
Is there any particular reason you decided to make Thousand Sons T5 and Death Guard Relentless? They sort of cross over into each other a bit.

Typo! I need to fix a couple things up.

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
03-09-2008, 22:56
Something that might give you inspiration how should look proper horu-heresy veterans unit.

Chaos Heresy Veterans - HQ choice in revised C: CSM Point cost: 35 per model

Heresy Veteran: WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD10 SV3+ INV5+

Unit Number: 3-10

Wargear:
-Bolt Pistol
-Bolter
-Close Combat Weapon
-Frag Granades
-Krak Granades
-Power Armour
-Icon of Chaos

Special Rules:
-Fearless

Options:
Each model may replace his Close Combat weapon with:
-Power Weapon for 15 points per model
-Power Fist for 30 points per model
-Lighting Claws for 25 points per model
-Lighting Claws for 30 points per model [cant use ranged weapons]

One model may replace his Close Combat weapon with:
-Chaos Weapon for 30 points
-Daemon Weapon for 40 points

Each model may replace his bolt pistol with:
-Plasma Pistol for 10 points per model

Each model may replace his bolter with:
-Combi-Weapon for 10 points per model
-Jump Pack for 10 points per model
-Bike for 25 points per model

Each model may take melta bombs for 5 points each

Each model may take one mark of chaos:
-Khorne for +14 points per model
-Slaanesh for +12 points per model
-Nurgle for +16 points per model
-Tzeentch for +12 points per model

Transport:
If not equiped with Jump Pack or Bike, they can buy one of these as dedicated transport:
-Dread Claw Drop Pod for 35 points
-Rhino for 35 points
-Land Rider for 220 points

Weapon of Chaos: Strenght +1 power weapon. One Handed [chaos response against relic blade]

[b]Daemon Weapon: Power Weapon that give +d6 attacks. When using a '1' bearer takes a wound without armour saves, and this weapon does not ignore armour saves. Two-Handed [no bonus attacks from bp and such]. Addional Powers:
-No Mark of Chaos: +1 strenght.
-Nurgle: poisoned attacks.
-Slaanesh: each wound take victim 2 wounds [yes, you also take 2 wounds if you fail inv after '1' for number of attacks]
-Tzeentch: shooting weapon with such profile Assault d6 S4 AP3 R24".
-Khorne: rending.

Chaos Veterans - Elite choice in revised C: CSM Point cost: 20 per model

Veteran: WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 LD10 SV3+
Champion: WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD10 SV3+

Unit Number: 5-10

Wargear:
-Bolt Pistol
-Bolter
-Close Combat Weapon
-Frag Granades
-Krak Granades
-Power Armour
-Icon of Chaos

Special Rules:
-Fearless

Options:
Unit can take Champion who cost 35 points

Each veteran may replace his Close Combat weapon with:
-Power Weapon for 15 points per model
-Power Fist for 25 points per model
-Lighting Claws for 25 points per model
-Lighting Claws for 30 points per model [cant use ranged weapons]

Champion model may replace his Close Combat weapon with:
-Power Weapon for 15 points
-Power Fist for 30 points
-Lighting Claws for 25 points
-Lighting Claws for 30 points[cant use ranged weapons]

Each model may replace his bolt pistol with:

-Combi-Weapon for 10 points per model
-Jump Pack for 5 points per model
-Bike for 15 points per model

Each veteran may replace its bolter or bolt pistol with:
-Flamer for 5 points per model
-Plasma Gun for 5 points per model
-Meltagun for 5 points per model

Each model may take melta bombs for 5 points each

Entire unit may take one mark of chaos:
-Khorne for +4 points per model
-Slaanesh for +2 points per model
-Nurgle for +2 points per model
-Tzeentch for +5 points per model

Transport:
If not equiped with Jump Pack or Bike, they can buy one of these as dedicated transport:
-Rhino for 35 points
-Land Rider for 220 points

Chaos Space Marines - Troops choice in revised C: CSM Point cost: 15 per model

Marine: WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 LD8 SV3+
Champion: WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD10 SV3+

Unit Number: 10-20

Wargear:
-Bolt Pistol
-Bolter
-Close Combat Weapon
-Frag Granades
-Krak Granades
-Power Armour
-Icon of Chaos

Options:
Unit can take Champion who cost 35 points

Champion model may replace his Close Combat weapon with:
-Power Weapon for 15 points
-Power Fist for 30 points
-Lighting Claws for 25 points
-Lighting Claws for 30 points[cant use ranged weapons]

Champion may replace his bolt pistol with:

-Jump Pack for 4 points per model
-Bike for 12 points per model

Two marines may replace its bolter or bolt pistol with:
-Flamer for 5 points per model
-Plasma Gun for 5 points per model
-Meltagun for 5 points per model
or replace bolter with:
-Heavy Bolter for 10 points per model
-Missle Launcher 10 points per model
-Autocannon 10 points per model
-Lascannon 20 points per model

Entire unit may take one mark of chaos:
-Khorne for +3 points per model
-Slaanesh for +2 points per model
-Nurgle for +2 points per model
-Tzeentch for +4 points per model

Transport:
If not equiped with Jump Pack or Bike and its number do not exceed transport cappacity , they can buy one of these as dedicated transport:
-Rhino for 35 points

Thoughts, Ideas and Feedback most welcome

Ell
18-09-2008, 18:48
Each model may take one mark of chaos:
-Khorne for +14 points per model
-Slaanesh for +12 points per model
-Nurgle for +16 points per model
-Tzeentch for +12 points per model

I think there would be a problem because each model will be ripping each others heads off in your trying to make the codex go with fluff. Nice work with codex so far though!

~Ell~

robtheguru
19-09-2008, 05:07
With the Khorne Terminator upgrade, i'd suggest giving them power weapons with the upgrade, with the choice of upgrading to an Axe of Khorne. On a roll of 6 to hit they get to make an additional attack. If they keep rolling 6's, they keep attack. Obviously you'd have to mess around with the points, but would be a good option.

Valaraukar
19-09-2008, 12:59
Will of the dark gods seems a little powerful for an army wide rule maybe remove D3 models so it's nice and chaotic too?

Xandros
21-09-2008, 05:53
I think inferno bolts on vehicles is a nice idea.