40kdhs
31-08-2008, 01:58
A,B: enemy units
C: friendly unit
========
A
CB
========

C overran into A and B counter charge in my opponent turn. Lance rule says that mine has +2S when charging. Will my C unit has +2S when fighting a B unit?

thank you for answering question.

Lord Malorne
31-08-2008, 02:03
Yes as they still count as charging which is the lance rules, the only difference is unit B strike before unit c.

40kdhs
31-08-2008, 02:29
Yes as they still count as charging which is the lance rules, the only difference is unit B strike before unit c.

Thank you. I told my opponent that but he said that my unit could not have +2S bonus when fighting B unit because it only charges A unit.

When I look at the rule, it only says that i have +2S when charging. Therefore, i would like to have a second opinion.

Lord Malorne
31-08-2008, 02:35
And you were charging so the criteria is met, his is a counter charge, that does not mean you did not charge, so you do retain the lance bonus.

ZigZagMan
31-08-2008, 02:45
Even if unit C was charged on the flank?

40kdhs
31-08-2008, 02:54
Yes is a final answer.

theunwantedbeing
31-08-2008, 02:55
the only difference is unit B strike before unit c.

Well that's wrong.
You go off initituive order when both unit's are counted as charging.

Page 45, final paragraph, right hand side.

Lord Malorne
31-08-2008, 02:56

Being charged does not stop the unit from charging, the rule book covers units that charged being charged, have a look as I am to tired to do so now.

Edit:kudos to theunwantedbeing for a page number and correcting my mistake.

T10
31-08-2008, 10:55
Thank you. I told my opponent that but he said that my unit could not have +2S bonus when fighting B unit because it only charges A unit.

When I look at the rule, it only says that i have +2S when charging. Therefore, i would like to have a second opinion.

Your foolish opponent would dare infer that logic and reason has a place in the game of Warhammer! There is no room for such feeble attempts to retain one's sanity!

Or rather: The rules simply allow that more than one side can benefit from charging and leaves it at that. "Counting as charging" is a benefit that applies to the unit and not to the relationship between the charger and its targets.

-T10

DeathlessDraich
31-08-2008, 11:51
Can a unit that is charged also count as charging?

Yes, pg 43