PDA

View Full Version : Special Daemons for Chaos Marines

Mozzamanx
31-08-2008, 19:15
Ello chaps,

I was thinking that, while Greater Daemons were fine and all, they should really be head and shoulders above a Daemon Prince. Furthermore, the generic profile really didn’t make much sense when compared to the background of each individual Daemon. So I figured why not make some Daemonic special characters, for use with Chaos Marines. I haven’t got any names yet, but I have some rules ready. Please note that I don't have access to Daemons of Chaos, so it may be that their rules are better anyhow.

Each Daemon costs 240pts. They all have the Fearless, Eternal Warrior and Monstrous Creature rules.

Bloodthirster

WS6, BS0, S9, T5, W4, I2, A5, Ld10, Sv2+

Unstoppable Assault- Recieves +2 Attacks, +1 Initiative and +1 Strength on the charge.
Red Haze- Declare during one of your Movement phases. For this turn, the Bloodthirster recieves a 3+ Invulnerable Save, and your entire army gains Fleet of Foot. One use only.
Armour of Khorne- Gives a 2+ Armour save.

Great Unclean One

WS4, BS3, S8, T7, W5, I2, A3, Ld10, Sv3+

Swarm of Flies- Anyone in base contact suffers -1 WS. You may also direct the flies as a ranged weapon. Range 18”, S4, AP-. As they wriggle through armour plates, you may reroll wounds.
Scabhide- Gives a 3+ Armour save, and you can reknit wounds. At the start of your turn, roll a D6 for every wound lost so far. On a 6, it is regained.
Festering Blade- You may reroll failed to-wound rolls, and all wounds inflicted count as 2.
Phlegm- You may make an extra attack in combat in addition to normal hits. This automatically hits, and wounds on a 2+. Saves are allowed as normal.

Keeper of Secrets

WS6, BS0, S5, T5, W3, I6, A5, Ld10, Sv--/ 4+

Unnatural Grace- May move as if eqipped with a Jump Pack, and gives a 4+ Invulnerable Save.
Dance of Slaanesh- Gives D3 extra attacks in close combat
Siren- Attacking models must take a Leadership test in combat. If they fail, they make no attacks and are hit automatically.

Lord of Change

WS4, BS5, S4, T4, W4, I5, A4, Ld 10, Sv--/ 4+

Staff of Change- May be used either as a Power Weapon or a Power Fist. Allows the bearer to cast 3 Psychic powers a turn, and automatically passes all Psychic tests. He knows the powers listed below.

Warpfire- Range 18, S4, AP3, Assault 4
Barrier of Entropy- Grants a 2+ Armour Save
Rift- Range 24, S9, AP2, Large Blast. You must stay still to fire it, and it scatters 2D6. Can only use once per game.

Farsight- The Chaos player may reroll all Reserve rolls, and the Daemon may reroll all Hits and Wounds in combat. Gives a 4+ Invulerable Save.

Whatcha reckon?

Are they priced fairly? I’m worried 1 or 2 may be too powerful for the costs, so I’d like any input on the matter.

Thanks for reading!

Hellebore
01-09-2008, 03:56
Why don't you just use the entries from the daemon codex? Some of those stats seem a bit wonky, like T5 bloodthirsters.

Hellebore

Firaxin
01-09-2008, 04:36
And W5 Unclean ones...