PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pt Empire list

LemonScampi
31-08-2008, 23:46
Hey guys,

So I'm trying to get back into Fantasy and have finally settled on Empire, and really I'm just looking for some feeback on the list.

Arch Lector of Sigmar - Van Horstmann's Speculum, Hammer of Judgement, Armour of Meteoric Iron
Battle Wizard - Level 2, Rod of Power, Ring of Volans
Battle Wizard - Level 2, Seal of Destruction
Battle Wizard - Level 2, Aldred's Casket of Sorcery, Sigil of Sigmar
Crossbowmen - Parent Unit, 10 Crossbowmen
Handgunners - Detachment, 5 Handgunners
Crossbowmen - Parent Unit, 10 Crossbowmen
Swordsmen - Parent Unit, 20 Swordsmen, Standard
Free Company - Detachment, 10 Free Company
Swordsmen - Parent Unit, 20 Swordsmen, Standard
Huntsmen - 10 Huntsmen
Greatswords - 14 Greatswords, Standard
Great Cannon
Great Cannon
Helblaster Volley Gun

Ok, so I've obviously gone for an infantry heavy list, but that's just the way I play really. I'm sure people will firstly notice the lack of cavalry, but once again that's just a personal preference, the Army is quite defensive, so I don't feel cavalry are necessary, especially considering they don't benefit from detachments, which it'd be foolish not to utilise.

Kalec
01-09-2008, 00:51
Can't have rod of power and ring of Volans on a single mage since they are both arcane items. You could cut the ring, and swap the seal of destruction for a staff of sorcery. The +1 to dispel rolls is better then a single dispel scroll against the vast majority of magic, like IoN, which will give your infantry fits. 7 dd and the staff, plus the rod of power, should give you enough magic defense.

I would recommend against greatswords. Stubborn is great, but that is all you get for the higher pricetag compared to swordsmen. Your infantry blocks need to be bigger so you don't lose a rank to the odd archer. 25 is a good number, though you might not be able to find the points.

Handgunners are better as parent units then crossbows, because it lets you field some HLR champs. Crossbows gain nothing as the parent.

LemonScampi
01-09-2008, 01:29
Volan's is an enchanted item actually, but gonna sleep now, I'll have a look at those changes in the morning. Thanks for the advice.