PDA

View Full Version : Exactly 2k!

Arisen
01-09-2008, 09:39
Hi,

I managed to get my VC army to exactly 2k. In case you dont know why, it is so that I can have the Lord choice that comes with having 2000+ points while still being able to use my army in 2000 point games. So, here it is:

Lords:

ARMY GENERAL
1 Vampire Lord - 205
+1 Magic Level - 50
Blood Drinker - 40
The Flayed Hauberk - 25
Talisman of Protection - 15
Red Fury - 50
Forbidden Lore - 35
TOTAL - 420Lords & Heroes:

ARMY GENERAL
1 Vampire Lord - 205
+1 Magic Level - 50
Blood Drinker - 40
The Flayed Hauberk - 25
Talisman of Protection - 15
Red Fury - 50
Forbidden Lore - 35
TOTAL - 420

1 Vampire - 100
Sword of Kings - 25
Dark Acolyte - 30
Lord of the Dead - 15
TOTAL - 170

1 Vampire - 100
Tomb Blade - 25
Dark Acolyte - 30
Lord of the Dead - 15
TOTAL - 170
Core:

14 Skeleton Warriors - 126
Spears - 14
Standard Bearer - 8
Banner of the Endless Nightmare - 25
Musician - 4
TOTAL - 177

14 Skeleton Warriors - 126
Spears - 14
Standard Bearer - 8
Banner of the Dead Legion - 25
Musician - 4
TOTAL - 177

26 Zombies - 104

1 Corpse Cart - 75

1 Corpse Cart - 75

Special:

15 Grave Guard - 180
Standard Bearer - 12
Standard of Hellish Vigour - 25
TOTAL - 217

Rare:

5 Blood Knights - 275
Kastellan - 20
Sword of Kings - 25
Standard Bearer - 20
The Flag of Blood Keep - 75
TOTAL - 415

GRAND TOTAL - 2000

Notes:

Each standard Vampire is in one of the larger groups of skeletons.
The Vampire Lord is in the group of Grave Guard.

Since I dont like the vampire models i was planning to use these as vampires, painted suitably undead of course, although suggestions would be appreciated:
Kelen the 13th Voice (Miniature by Rackham) for vampire lord.
Galhyan, Cynwäll Heliast (Miniature by Rackham) for a vampire.
Wandyr the Bloodthirsty (Miniature by Rackham) for the other vampire.

I wont post the link cos when i posted this thread i had to wait a few hours for it to be activated, and i am not sure but i probably will have to if i post new links here... So if you are interested (Which you should be, they are very nice models), then google them!

Thanks!

Scooner
01-09-2008, 19:14
you have 2 undead legion banners which you canot have. Also the BSB has got a magical standard and magic weapon which again you cannot have.

nikolai7
01-09-2008, 19:33
also you've given the tomb blade to 2 vampires.. other than that id like to see how well your list does.. i have little imagination when it comes to models im afraid

Arisen
01-09-2008, 19:36
Didnt know about all of those rules lol, shoulda prolly read the VC book and the BRB or whatever you guys call the manual... Back to the drawing board...

Arisen
01-09-2008, 19:40
you have 2 undead legion banners which you canot have. Also the BSB has got a magical standard and magic weapon which again you cannot have.

Actually this helps a bit as i was having a LOT of trouble finding a model with a standard that didnt look rubbish... I have some ideas for the models to use now (On main post) but if anyone has any other suggestions please say!

Arisen
03-09-2008, 16:14
dunno if you are allowed to and sorry if you arent, but,, bump.

EvC
03-09-2008, 16:53
You are also allowed to field an army whose total is a bit under 2000 points and still use a Lord choice, as long as you've agreed to a 2000 point game :)

Arisen
04-09-2008, 16:07
You are also allowed to field an army whose total is a bit under 2000 points and still use a Lord choice, as long as you've agreed to a 2000 point game :)

Seriously? Is that in the BRB or just assumed cos my gaming group doesnt usually do that but if it is an official rule they will :P

EvC
04-09-2008, 16:20
It's in every single army book out there.

There was once an FAQ that said something like what you described but that a) For 40K and (b) totally moronic.

Arisen
10-09-2008, 15:08
I checked my VC book VERY carefully and it always refers to 'The ARMY'S Points Value, not the games allowed points value. I have also checked the new Daemon codex and it says exactly the same. Surely army points value is the points value of your ARMY not the game you are playing??

Gokamok
10-09-2008, 15:41
I checked my VC book VERY carefully and it always refers to 'The ARMY'S Points Value, not the games allowed points value. I have also checked the new Daemon codex and it says exactly the same. Surely army points value is the points value of your ARMY not the game you are playing??

It would be utterly ridiculous to force players to fiddle about with their army builds, removing and adding single models to units in order to reach exactly 2k or whatever max value has been agreed. I haven't bothered to check if the BRB states anything specific about this, but common sense says that it is the agreed maximum value of the army that determines the amount of lord, hero, core, special and rare choices available/required in your army.

Arisen
10-09-2008, 15:53
I would be inclined to agree, but I dont want to assume this then not be ableto use my army in a tournament or whatever... If anyone has links to errata or something they would be appreciated.

Gokamok
11-09-2008, 12:00
I would be inclined to agree, but I dont want to assume this then not be ableto use my army in a tournament or whatever... If anyone has links to errata or something they would be appreciated.

BRB, page XIII, "How to choose an army" refers to the size of the game being played, not the amount of points spent on an army.

In our specific case, page 88 of of the VC book, "Choosing an army" states: "...You can spend less and will probably find it impossible to use up every last point..."

I think this should be sufficient evidence that it is the agreed maximum size of the army that is relevant, not the exact amount of points spent within that limit. (guess this debate should have been going on in the rules forum btw:angel:)

EvC
12-09-2008, 11:58
I have also checked the new Daemon codex and it says exactly the same. Surely army points value is the points value of your ARMY not the game you are playing??

There's your problem: don't take the rules from 40K codices ;)

(Despite my flippancy, this is actually where this misinterpretation comes from, as at least year's Grand tournament for 40K they insisted that you go up to exact point level to use particular special characters, if I recall correctly)

Arisen
12-09-2008, 15:10
Nono... I mean my army book, its just I usuallyplay 40k and have just started fantasy :P So it is definitely ok to have, say, 1999 points with lord if it is a 2k poinbt game?

Valaraukar
12-09-2008, 15:21
Yeah that's always been the way it's been played for many many years and editions and I've seen many GT lists which are not exactly 2000pt and contain lords, if anyone argues with you about it I'd be more concerned with playing someone with that sort of attitude.