PDA

View Full Version : Why are Chaos Marine backpacks different?

the_reaper
01-09-2008, 13:49
I'm not sure if the answer is particularly obvious (if it is sorry:().

It is to do with making them look different from the loyalists? (along with spikes etc)

-reaper

Seth the Dark
01-09-2008, 13:57
The backpacks could be part of older versions of power armor and it could be due to the mutating effect of the Warp.

Ambu
01-09-2008, 13:58
All there armor, bodies, minds, everyting has been twisted and reformed by chaos. And what the Chaos gods didnt do they did to how their devotion.

Shibboleth
01-09-2008, 14:00
The current Codex describes them as having "expanded venting required for stacked cell power plant", which I take to mean they no longer have access to the same power source/batteries/whatever they once did since leaving the Imperium, and have to rig up this new method, or something.

It is basically to make the models look different though...

Morganstern
01-09-2008, 14:02
this is actualy referanced in the new CSM dex. CSM backpacks are different because they have been altered to run on a different type of fuel for the power source

Morganstern
01-09-2008, 14:04
looks like someone got there before me.

Adra
01-09-2008, 14:08
Using loyalist backpacks looks pretty good on things like plague marines. The lower vents create a lower centre of gravity on the model making them look more slumped and heavy if combined with a beer belly.