PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts UK GT List - Bretonnians

mrspadge
01-09-2008, 13:24
just wondering what people think of my GT list for this year:

Lord - The Green Knight - 275pts

Hero - Paladin (Battle Standard) - 214pts
- Barded Warhorse
- Battle Standard - Banner of the Lady (negates enemy rank bonuses)
- Virtue of heroism (killing blow against large targets)

Hero - Paladin (general) - 110pts
- Barded Warhorse
- Shield
- Lance
- Gromril Great Helm (+1 armour save, re-roll failed armour saves)

Hero - Damsel - 130pts
- warhorse
- 2 dispel scrolls

Hero - Damsel - 130pts
- warhorse
- 2 dispel scrolls

Core - 8 Knights Of The Realm - 216pts
- Full Command

Core - 8 Knights Of The Realm - 216pts
- Full Command

Core - 8 Knights Errant - 194pts
- Full Command
- Magic Banner - Errantry Banner (+1 str on the charge)

Special - 3 Pegasus Knights - 165pts

Rare - 8 Grail Knights - 344pts
- Full Command
- Magic Banner - Banner Of Chalons (enemies cannot declare stand and shoot)

army total - 1994pts
model count - 44
kill points - 16

Power Dice - 4 (though the only spell i think i'll try casting is mistress of the marsh)
Dispel Dice - 4 (plus 4 scrolls)

nikolai7
01-09-2008, 19:36
I like it.. I think it will do well

Peachtacular
01-09-2008, 19:44
Very solid list. I would change the list in two ways.

1) Give the virtue of heroism to the other paladin. The BSB's unit should be going after large units to get the most out of that banner. Hence someone else should go after the large target.

2) Give the Grail Knights the banner that ups the WS to 4+ against high str attacks. They will be a magnet for every bolt thrower and cannon you face. I personally don't like the banner they have now, as it just encourages units to flee from the grail knights. They want to fight!

Looks great! I hope you have a great time!

mrspadge
02-09-2008, 08:56
Very solid list. I would change the list in two ways.

1) Give the virtue of heroism to the other paladin. The BSB's unit should be going after large units to get the most out of that banner. Hence someone else should go after the large target.

i REALLY, REALLY wanted to do that but it means dropping the magic armour he has (can only have 50pts of stuff). that 1+re-roll save has kept him alive in more situations than i care to mention.....

.... i will test him without it, but i dont like the idea of my general not being well protected.

the BSB used to have the virtue of duty (+1 combat res if general is alive) but i was convinced that i should squeeze the virue of heroism in to deal with steam tanks and greater daemons (or at least have a chance against them :rolleyes: )

2) Give the Grail Knights the banner that ups the WS to 4+ against high str attacks. They will be a magnet for every bolt thrower and cannon you face. I personally don't like the banner they have now, as it just encourages units to flee from the grail knights. They want to fight!

i have the same problem here of how do i find the points, i dont think there is anything i can reasonably drop. i might try swapping out another knight unit for errant knights, that would free up quite a few points and might net another pegasus....... but i dont like WS3 on a fast, hard hitting assault unit...

Looks great! I hope you have a great time!
many thanks :D

EDIT - quick re-hash of the list:

i have swapped the equipment around on the paladins:

Paladin (BSB) - 174pts
- barded warhorse
- battle standard - banner of the lady (enemies get no rank bonus)

Paladin (General) - 138pts
- barded warhorse
- armour of agulif (heavy armour+shield, grants WS10)
- Virtue of Heroism (killing blow Vs large targets)

i have guessed the armour of agulif is 20pts, though i have a sneaky suspicion that it is 25. if it is 25 i will need to drop either the generals lance or the barding on one of the warhorses to fit in the points.

tanka
02-09-2008, 09:32
Isn't heroism 40pts anyway? Meaning it can't be taken either way.

On the errant knights, most units your likely to face will be WS4+ anyway, so there WS3 isn't going to make much difference either way.

I'd really look into giving the unit that contains the general the war banner.
As you'll then have 2ranks, outnumber, standard, warbanner. Meaning even if the general dies and fails to killing blow his target that you'll probably still beat it. And then you can hopefully pop or brake the large target there up against.

Only crit with the list really is the absence of the falcon horn, meaning that the generals killing blow vow will probably never get to be used.

mrspadge
02-09-2008, 10:00
Isn't heroism 40pts anyway? Meaning it can't be taken either way.

i'm going completely mad.....

i actually forgot that virtues count to your item limit, despite saying it in my last post :angel:

On the errant knights, most units your likely to face will be WS4+ anyway, so there WS3 isn't going to make much difference either way.

its the fact that they are str 6 and immune to psychology on the charge that i will be sending them at big/hard/scary things that will be hitting them back on 3's.

its just that i'm worried about my attacks not doing enough damage and the return attacks will cause me a lot more hurt than if they were realm knights.

I'd really look into giving the unit that contains the general the war banner.
As you'll then have 2ranks, outnumber, standard, warbanner. Meaning even if the general dies and fails to killing blow his target that you'll probably still beat it. And then you can hopefully pop or brake the large target there up against.

i like it, i will see if i can squeeze one in...

Only crit with the list really is the absence of the falcon horn, meaning that the generals killing blow vow will probably never get to be used.
with any luck, there wont be too many star dragon riders at the GT (they cant capture obectives in the rules GT are using so they are a big points sink if they cant wipe out an opposing squad on their own)

he can charge out of a unit though......

perhaps giving him a pegasus mount and screening him from shooting with the normal pegasus knights.....

i've given the list a slight re-write....

Lord - The Green Knight - 275pts

Hero - Paladin (BSB) - 174pts
- Barded Warhorse
- Magic Banner - Banner of the Lady

Hero - Paladin (General) - 130pts
- barded warhorse
- shield
- lance
- virtue of heroism

Hero - Damsel - 130pts
- 2 dispel scrolls

Hero - Damsel - 130pts
- 2 dispel scrolls

Core - 8 knights of the realm - 216pts
- full command

Core - 8 knights of the realm - 216pts
- full command

Core - 8 knights errant - 194pts
- full command

Special - 3 pegasus knights - 175pts
- musician

Rare - 8 Grail Knights - 359pts
- full command
- magic banner - banner of defence

army total - 1989pts (not sure if/where to spend the last 11pts - barding on the damsels warhorses perhaps or not bother with it...)

tanka
02-09-2008, 13:22
I'd give the general the grail vow so he can charge out at big things without worrying about failing his LD8 test and pinning the unit, plus it'll help against treemen and cairn wraiths. Drop the pegasus knights musician if you have to.

mrspadge
02-09-2008, 13:32
I'd give the general the grail vow so he can charge out at big things without worrying about failing his LD8 test and pinning the unit, plus it'll help against treemen and cairn wraiths. Drop the pegasus knights musician if you have to.

it hasnt been a problem yet as he usually hides in the knights errant unit (ItP on the charge anyway) and their str 6 helps against beasties if the virtue backfires.

i will consider it, though i am still not happy about my general not having the gromril helm:cries:

eleveninches
02-09-2008, 14:13
Either drop the 2 scrolls from one mage to get the silver mirror scroll.
OR
Drop one mage to get a paladin with the MR3 item

mrspadge
02-09-2008, 14:55
Either drop the 2 scrolls from one mage to get the silver mirror scroll.
OR
Drop one mage to get a paladin with the MR3 item

the BSB cant take magic items and the general has the killing blow vow, which i dont want to drop.

4 scrolls and 4 dice has served me well against a tzeench daemon army (led by a GUO) and i dont want to take any less magic defence. i think the silver mirror scroll is pretty pants to be honest. i can stop one spell and likely wound the caster - but the rest of their spells have a better chance of getting through (that extra scroll is worth its weight in gold).

if i wasnt taking the green knight, i would certainly have the MR3 item somewhere (probably a paladin in the grail knights).

eleveninches
03-09-2008, 09:34
Yeah, I would have had a lord with virtue of knightly temper, and MR3

ANd the silver mirror is nto bad at all. Wait for someone to wound themselves from miscasting, then use the silver mirror on their next spell to wound them. Or you can just wound a hero-level mage for half their victory points