PDA

View Full Version : Ork questions.

dreameater
01-09-2008, 14:53
Okay I may start a ork army but I have a few questions. Here I go.

Is 99 a good number for a 1,000 poit force.
All I have for AA is 3 deffkoptas and a warlord wih power kalw and two nobs with powerklaws and the rest are boyz with nob leaders.
What would be the best tactic implied against other armies.
thank.

-DM-

senorcardgage
02-09-2008, 03:06
99 isn't a bad amount, but is probably too many. In my list I have 60 boys, 6 bikers, 3 killa kans, 3 lobbas, a dread, and a big mek with KFF for ~70 models. I have found that even this is a lot of models and can be a pain to move around in such a small game.

With orks you really only have to march forward and muck stuff up. For the most part (in 1000 points) you don't see a lot of vehicles, so I think you have adequate tank punch.

shabbadoo
02-09-2008, 03:44
If you want advice on how your army will do, don't tell us about only 5 models of the 99 in your army. Tell us about your WHOLE army. Be smart and give us the whole picture why don't you. :eyebrows:

Grubnar
02-09-2008, 06:27
If you want advice on how your army will do, don't tell us about only 5 models of the 99 in your army. Tell us about your WHOLE army. Be smart and give us the whole picture why don't you. :eyebrows:

Did you really tell an Ork player to be smart?
Do you not see anything wrong with that?
:D

dreameater
02-09-2008, 11:43
thanks for the reply

Drongol
02-09-2008, 12:52
Did you really tell an Ork player to be smart?
Do you not see anything wrong with that?
:D

I sure don't.

Playing an Ork army does not make someone an Ork, obviously. Nor does it make them prone to the fictitious Ork mindset. Therefore, it is better to assume that a player is, in fact, both human and intelligent.

Otherwise, we'd be expecting Tyranid players to run under the fridge when we turn on the light.

Drongol

AfroCelt
02-09-2008, 13:58
Okay I may start a ork army but I have a few questions. Here I go.

Is 99 a good number for a 1,000 poit force.
All I have for AA is 3 deffkoptas and a warlord wih power kalw and two nobs with powerklaws and the rest are boyz.
What would be the best tactic implied against other armies.
thank.

-DM-

Alright...BACK ON TOPIC.

I'd second the recommendation for a full list. It'll let some of the more experienced ork generals to pick at your list and find any weaknesses

I find that many boys in 1000 points to be too big for me, but then again I rarely play a true horde. It also sounds like you've got mobs without a nob at all. Again, I'd love to see your list.