PDA

View Full Version : Vampires and armour

Rekmar
01-09-2008, 16:10
Just wondering if some can point me to the page in the new VC army list that says vampires can wear armour and still cast spells?

I'm presuming that they can since one of the SC 's has heavy armour is a magic user...

Cheers

The Red Scourge
01-09-2008, 16:26
I'll do that, right after you point me to the place in the BRB, where it says that wizards can't cast spells while wearing armor ;)

darkmarkus
01-09-2008, 16:27
Hi there, there is no such page in the new armybook.

But there is no rule anymore in the 7th edition that prohibits you form casting spells while wearing armour. So, anyone can cast spells while wearing armour now. Most Spellcasters just do not have any options for wearing any kind of armour.

Rekmar
01-09-2008, 16:41
Explains why I can't find it in the VC book then.... Missed that in the BRB. I suppose that what happens when you read the spell lists, go nah and head back to playing HE without reading all the rules correctly.:o
Cheers anyway guys.

Rekmar

Hvidponi
01-09-2008, 23:01
But however take a look under Magic Armours in the BRB; page 121... Could be read as vampires are not allowed magic armours, since they are not allowed to buy normal armour as a normal upgrade... Not that I would ever play with that, but just a little thing I noticed...

Lord Zarkov
01-09-2008, 23:39
It could, but it's over-ruled by the text above the magic armour section that explicitly allows all vampires to buy any magic armour regardless of if they have it normally

bosstroll
02-09-2008, 10:41
But however take a look under Magic Armours in the BRB; page 121... Could be read as vampires are not allowed magic armours, since they are not allowed to buy normal armour as a normal upgrade... Not that I would ever play with that, but just a little thing I noticed...

Except that the vampires magic armour section says that vampires are allowed to buy them :)

Hvidponi
02-09-2008, 12:38
Ahh... See it now... Sorry

I dont normally read the "fluff" sections of the book

EvC
02-09-2008, 12:57
Well that bit's in the rules section...

Hvidponi
02-09-2008, 14:32
I known, but it's a "fluff section" of the rules section... Like that little part of text above all the magic items stats... I just tend to ignore it... I see now why i shouldn't...

O&G'sRule
02-09-2008, 15:00
I'll do that, right after you point me to the place in the BRB, where it says that wizards can't cast spells while wearing armor ;)

No it just says wizards can't wear armour, magic or not.

EvC
02-09-2008, 15:30
It does not say that. It may say something like "Models may not wear magic armour if they do not have the option to buy mundane armour", but it does not ever forbif wizards from wearing armour :)

Darktheos
02-09-2008, 18:03
What generally make people belive this is a rule from last edition I belive it was where you couldn't wear armor and cast magic ( not sure I only played a few games under 6th), and the phrasing of the last sentence of magic armor on page 121 in BRB. Besides its a moot point a Vampire can take heavy armor with one of its traits.