PDA

View Full Version : imperial fists markings

blue penguin
01-09-2008, 23:31
how do imperial fists mark what company they belong to?

Magos Explorator
01-09-2008, 23:53
I think it's shoulder pad trim.

CaptainSenioris
02-09-2008, 00:06
Company Insignia, Battle-Companies of the Imperial Fists-

1st- White cross, yellow feild
2nd- Halved vertically, white and yellow
3rd- Diagonal stripe, red, yellow field
4th- Halved horizontally, yellow and green
5th- Quartered, white and black

All IF shoulder trim is red, the above quote came up in an IF log it refers to the left knee pad as the area of company marking.

It's from Insignium astartes, so I'm told.

Leftenant Gashrog
02-09-2008, 01:06
All IF shoulder trim is red, the above quote came up in an IF log it refers to the left knee pad as the area of company marking.

It's from Insignium astartes, so I'm told.

You've been told wrong, the example Imperial Fist in Insignium Astartes has yellow shoulder trims and a note stating that the chapter denotes company by the colour of the pad trims. Codex Ultramarines said the same thing. (And just for completeness sake: Codex Ultramarines also stated that Imperial Fist veterans & sergeants both have yellow helmets: veteran status being denoted by a red helmet stripe, and sergeant status being denoted by a red skull on the forehead.)

Magos Explorator
02-09-2008, 08:42
I just checked my Insignium Astartes... it says that company is denoted by shoulder pad colour.

However those striped/halved/quartered designs are mentioned as Codex chapter markings on knee pads, as a previous poster mentioned.

So I guess the way to go would be shoulder pad trim, and painting knee designs too if you feel like it!

Minister
02-09-2008, 15:21
The kneepad designs listed are actually the traditional company heraldry, with the chapter's colours alongside the company colours (where the two are the same, such as the 2nd company for the Imperial Fists and the 9th for the Ultramarines, the chapter colour is displaced and white used instead). Whilst they can be used for kneepad markings (indeed the Dark Angels use this instead of the rims, though they do not use the traditional colours) it is not standard practice.

CaptainSenioris
02-09-2008, 18:09
You've been told wrong, the example Imperial Fist in Insignium Astartes has yellow shoulder trims and a note stating that the chapter denotes company by the colour of the pad trims. Codex Ultramarines said the same thing. (And just for completeness sake: Codex Ultramarines also stated that Imperial Fist veterans & sergeants both have yellow helmets: veteran status being denoted by a red helmet stripe, and sergeant status being denoted by a red skull on the forehead.)

Thanks for that, I like to keep a bit of creative freedom when it comes to veterans though. I like the look of the Pre-heresy Red with white stripe helmets so thend to use those for my Veterans.