PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Daemon Army

Sho'Nuff
02-09-2008, 02:32
Hello,

I have decided that I will make daemons my next army, but I have had difficulty creating a build with which I am happy. I thought about pure Khorne, but magic defense is a problem. Even with heralds joining flesh hounds, the bloodletter units are vulnerable. So I think that I would be more satisfied with a diverse list. Let me know what you think.

2250 Daemons

Characters: 1035

Keeper of Secrets
3rd level
Daemonic Robes
Siren Song

Skull Taker
Jugger
*joins blood crushers

Herald of Nurgle
Palaquin
Slime Trail
Battle Standard Bearer
Banner of Sundering
*joins plague bearers

Core: 816

20 Bloodletters
Full Command

16 Plague Bearers
Full Command

10 Horrors

10 Horrors

7 Furies

Special: 144

6 Seekers of Slaanesh

Rare: 255

3 Blood Crushers
Standard Bearer
Icon of Endless War

I think this list is pretty well rounded and I think the magic phase will be moderately effective. Casting flickering flames with two dice per unit and then using the keeper to toss out one three die spell will make my opponent dispell three, basically guaranteed, spells per turn. The two core units are pretty tough and the crushers with skulltaker should be nasty. I haven't committed to anything yet, so I would love feedback on this build.

-Brian

Nightsword
02-09-2008, 17:04
My first thoughts are perhaps drop the bloodcrushers to 2 models if skulltaker is going in that unit. It's going to have a huge frontage overwise and will be difficult to control effectively.

Sho'Nuff
04-09-2008, 00:55
Thanks for the reply. If I got rid of a blood crusher I would move a few units around. What do you think of this army?

2250 Daemons

Characters: 985

Keeper of Secrets
3rd level
Daemonic Robes
Siren Song

Skull Taker
Jugger
*joins blood crushers

Herald of Nurgle
Slime Trail
Battle Standard Bearer