PDA

View Full Version : Lamenters Fluff or Websites?

Sam Spade
02-09-2008, 05:04
I was just wondering if anyone knew any good lamenters websites or fluff other than what's on the Lexicanum or wikipedia?

nomadimp
02-09-2008, 11:40
They are mentioned in a short story as part of the tyranid fluff:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/malvolion/4/

That is the only direct sorty of them that I know of. They have little blurbs and some of the general Cursed Founding // Badab fluff mentions them. Let me know if you find more!

Sam Spade
02-09-2008, 20:39
That was one of the fluff pieces I read when it came out and was like wow these guys are awesome, before they died.

Alessander
03-09-2008, 03:17
The Armageddon3 website (www.armageddon.com) had stuff on them. The site now just points to GW home, but look it up in internet archive in www.archive.org

Lord Raneus
03-09-2008, 03:22
I remember that fluff blurb, it was from Let The Galaxy Burn.

Yeah, they really were awesome, them getting owned was a letdown but still them riding to the rescue against literally impossible odds gave me great respect for them as a chapter.

nomadimp
03-09-2008, 08:22
Odd, I dont think that the Lamenters were ever involved in any of the Armageddon wars. Maybe you are thinking of the Celestial Lions, another "doomed" chapter?

Should also add that a full company of Lamenters died buying time for civilians to evacuate Devlan from Hive Fleet Kraken in the 4th ed Nids codex pg 14.

The great thing about the Lamenters is that you have just enough fluff to get some good ideas but enough freedom to do whatever you want with them.

Should also add that they were around for 5,000 years before they rebelled in the Badab war so you could do a pre or post-Badab force. Also, depending on what date you go by, the Lamenter's 100 year penitent crusade is almost over.