PDA

View Full Version : VC Knight Equipment

therat
02-09-2008, 04:04
I'm wondering which combination of banners to use for my unit of knights (6 black right now, 4 blood when I finish my conversions). The unit will take one and a vampire BSB will be joining them. I am deciding between the Royal Standard of Strigos, Banner of Hellfire, and the Flag of Blood Keep. Hatred really helps Black Knights with their mediocre WS and it makes for a nasty KotBK unit, but with the number of regen troops out there now, I'm wondering if hellfire is the way to go. I feel the Flag of Blood Keep is almost a given, so unless anyone has an objection the debate is between hellfire and strigos.

Stinkfoot
02-09-2008, 04:26
I would recommend not giving the Blood Knight a banner, save the Drakenhof Standard (which requires the BSB). They do not need hatred, and in any event you want to keep the cost of that unit down since they can easily be lead around and kept out of combat.

Without a character the best standard for Black Knights in the War Banner. With a vampire BSB leading them, the Royal Standard of Strigos is superior, unless you KNOW you're going to be fighting something like plaguebearers and flaming attacks are going to make a difference.

therat
02-09-2008, 14:19
Hmm, indeed. I have to say I agree. Thanks.

Malorian
02-09-2008, 15:00
I like the idea of the screaming banner, but I've found that making my knights US 4 is a much better deal.

(Warbanner would be nice but's already on my graveguard...)

Spirit
02-09-2008, 22:27
I use 6 black knights with barding and the banner of the undying legion.

209 points, US 24 and move through cover. GG. I have never needed a vamp in the unit and i don't like blood knights..

therat
02-09-2008, 23:04
I use 6 black knights with barding and the banner of the undying legion.

209 points, US 24 and move through cover. GG. I have never needed a vamp in the unit and i don't like blood knights..

Eh, I'm using it on my skeletons. Yesterday my 20 skellies went up against 25 orcs. The orcs killed 4 skellies, I won combat and told him to roll his insane courage. He looked at me like I was nuts. Then I told him what the banner did. Heh heh heh...