PDA

View Full Version : Tau: Tigershark and Manta Crew

horizon
02-09-2008, 12:10
Hi,

could someone give me a rundown on how many pilots/crew is needed to operatie the Tau Tigershark and Tau Manta?

Thanks!

Cartographer
02-09-2008, 12:31
Tigershark - crew 2: Pilot + Co-pilot

Manta - crew 8: (not specified)

From IA3 the Taros Campaign
Hope it helps.

horizon
02-09-2008, 12:54
'kay.

That means if dealing with possible losing crew 4 Tigersharks would equal 1 Manta.

In the BFG rules the Tau make use of the Manta as deep space bomber. By the account that the Barracuda is suited for deep space as well I can assume that the Tigershark is also suited as deep space bomber?

Or is the Tigershark more like a fighter-bomber?

BLZBOB
02-09-2008, 14:05
I wouldn't have classed the Tigershark as a bomber, more a support ship, the standard version aside from ion guns drops drone squads to the battlefield and the AX10 is more a standoff anti armour bird. Although I could see this model in a heavy interceptor role in space combat.

Cartographer
02-09-2008, 16:15
The Tigershark is classified as a fighter/bomber, but does play more of a support role in it's basic config, being used to rapidly reinforce areas with drones and provide light ground support.
One variant does mount two heavy Railguns ostensibly for ground attack and tank/titan killing, we'll chalk that statement up to "narrative imperative" as there aren't any aircraft in 40k outside of the eldar (and even then it's a big ol' "perhaps") that would realistically be capable of flying slowly enough to track, let alone hit ground targets with direct fire.
Then again, it's top speed is listed as less than Mach 2 so...