PDA

View Full Version : Tomb kings curse

cm2008
02-09-2008, 21:33
what would happen if the tomb king is destroyed in combat rez, would all the enemy's in the combat have to test for the curse?

theunwantedbeing
02-09-2008, 21:51
Yes, all units that cause his death have to test.
I recall losing 2 chariots this way, I flatten the guy through combat res...then fail both the leadership tests(2 chariots) and they then lost 11 wounds between them!

cm2008
02-09-2008, 22:04
and can they use the generals leadership for the test?

Oenghus
02-09-2008, 23:52
Unless the description of the curse explicitly says that they must test on their own leadership, they're allowed to use the general's (if he's in range and so on). Whether such a clause is in the curse's description is beyond the scope of my faltering memory. It'd be pretty clearly spelled out somewhere, though.

havoc626
03-09-2008, 08:35
As with the CoS, it states 'the model's Ld'. So it is debated whether or not they do get to use the general's Ld. (Or if Skaven get thier rank bonus to Ld). I remember that this was a topic awhile ago, but i didn't see how it was finished

MadDogMike
06-09-2008, 17:42
As with the CoS, it states 'the model's Ld'. So it is debated whether or not they do get to use the general's Ld. (Or if Skaven get thier rank bonus to Ld). I remember that this was a topic awhile ago, but i didn't see how it was finished

Latest Tomb Kings 2008 FAQ says yes, they use the general's leadership. Of course, the idiots also seem to claim that even having a magic resistant unit within LOS somehow magically lets it use its MR against the effect for ALL units (i.e. makes Casket utterly useless JUST LIKE THE DAMN FAQ QUESTION ITSELF SAID IT WOULD), so take their insight with a grain of salt. Why yes, I am pissed off at their decision, how can you tell? :rolleyes:

theunwantedbeing
06-09-2008, 19:15
MadDogMike I think you misunderstand how the casket works.

It casts 1 spell that affects everyone who can draw line of sight to them, so all units that can draw line of sight to it are the target.(rqather than 1 per unit that can see it)
If one of those has say...magic resistance(3) and the rest have no magic resistance, then the unit with magic resistance(3) is a target, so get's to add it's magical resistance to try to stop the spell (as is normal for stopping spells).

If you want to stop unit's with magic resistance not getting to use it to stop the spell, you'll need to stop them drawing line of sight to the casket (usually by getting into combat with them, or putting troop's in the way).

So the idiots claiming you get to use the highest magic resistance, are infact right.
(I'm one of those idiots, so yay for idiot-kind for prevailing over our more intelligent brethren!)