PDA

View Full Version : 2k High Elf Friendly List

WhiteKnight
03-09-2008, 04:21
Been fiddling around with different list combos and somehow came up with this. It has solid magic, great combat, and decent shooting. I just wanted to see how this list would do against the following armies:

Skaven, Vampire Counts, Dwarfs, Empire, Tomb Kings, and Dark Elves.

Archmage:350
level 4, annulian crystal, sacred incense, dispel scroll

Mage:185
level 2, dispel scroll, seerstaff of saphery

Noble:155
2 hand weapons, longbow, dragon armour, guardian phoenix, helm of fortune

Spearmen:196
19, full command
Spearmen:196
19, full command
Swordmasters:309
19,standard, bladelord
White Lions:309
19, standard, guardian
Shadow Warrios:96

Repeater Bolt Throwers:200
2 bolt throwers

Violadudester
03-09-2008, 04:29
Looks solid man. Why not go for a Great Weapon on your noble? Much better choice imo for an ASF army. Will you be deploying all your units in a 6x3 formation or 5x4?

WhiteKnight
03-09-2008, 04:47
5x4 with my heroes. As for the GW suggestion, I just wanted to make sort of a High Elf Assassin which well, is kind of ironic. I usually just think of him as a Beefed up Shadow Warrior. It's mostly for fluff but well, the model looks good and i just want to see how he turns out. If it doesn't work, i'll go with my great weapon. Oh and FYI, the model is Alith Anar with the bow shaved off and replaced with a dragon prince champion sword. I'll get a pic of it.

WhiteKnight
04-09-2008, 03:50
-Uber Bump-

eleveninches
04-09-2008, 09:32
I'd consider dropping both your mages for teclis and a banner of sorcery. You will get as much dispelling power and you will get 2-3 spells off with irresistalble force, which will be awesome. Swap the swordmasters for more white lions or 2 lion chariots.

Benigno (WE)
04-09-2008, 09:52
Using Teclis is not very "friendly" IMHO

WhiteKnight
05-09-2008, 22:49
Ya. Teclis is just for people to annoy people with magic. I said Friendly list.

Fanatic
06-09-2008, 03:52
There isnt too much advice too give then, for a friendly list, unless your trying to find a new theme to play. Personally though as an empire player I fear seeing swordsmasters alot more than white lions (the extra attack even if at 1 less strength is great even if at 1 strength less). Besides a few personal touches like throughing in some cavalry and not spend so many points on heroes, it seems like a good list that can sit back and shoot the enemy down then beat them some more once they get to you.

WhiteKnight
08-09-2008, 01:44
Fanatic kinda got the point with this army. It's meant to be held back until the moment arrives when the infantry will charge forward to knock out the opposition. I'm thinking of making it more magic heavy by having another mage. Maybe make a 2250 list with 3 mages and a noble for the general.