PDA

View Full Version : The Blessing of Tepok (2000)

Shamfrit
03-09-2008, 10:32
I'm trial running my friend's lizardmen tonight before I offer him advice and I start teaching him the rules, so I'm running against Vampire Counts tonight at 2k level and this (I've never played with lizards before but I'm an army book ready) is what I've come up with.

Saurus Old Blood
The Maiming Shield, Aura of Quetzl, Venom of the Firefly.
Light Armour.
Spawnings: Tepok, Quetzl, Sotek.
285 Points.

Saurus Scar Veteran
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
Great Weapon, Light Armour.
Spawnings: Sotek, Tepok.
151 Points.

Skink Priest, Lvl. 1.
Cube of Darkness
Spawnings: Old Ones
140 Points.

---

585 Points.

I've gone character minimal as I can, whilst still providing a very killy lord, and your standard Chariot Smashing War Machine hunting Saurus (we play with terrain abundant usually so he'll have things to hide, so the Great Weapon switch from Enchanted Shield is much more worth it. I want something to kill that damned Black Coach! The Skink Priest will go in a Stegadon, I'm not using magic at all so I didn't upgrade him, he's there to get off the Cube and provide an extra DD, nothing more.

---

Core

10 Skink Skirmishers, Scouts
70 Points.

70 Points

70 Points

---

Standard Skink filled minimum core, I'm trialing them all with blowpipes, will try Javelins another time.

---

Special

15 Saurus, Musician.
Spawnings: Tepok
216 Points.

15 Saurus, Musician.
Spawnings: Tepok
216 Points.

5 Saurus Cavalry, Musician, Standard.
Warbanner.
230 Points.

5 Chameleon Skinks
75 Points.

Here I've upgraded the Saurus to special slots in favour of the extra dispel dice, (giving me a total of 7, + the Cube.) The Saurus Cavalry are very nice for their points and should be a good enough hammer to deliver a blow to his ranked infantry, and the Chameleon Skinks, well, we shall see what use they are. But for 75 points? Who wouldn't!

---

Rare

I am NOT a fan of Salamanders, end of.

Stegadon (Skink Priest Mounted in One.)
235 Points.

Stegadon
235 Points.

Total = 1992

Malorian
03-09-2008, 14:55
First thing I'm going to say is that this is a bad way to teach someone the game. This game is looking to be VERY different than your typical match. I have a feeling you are trying to turn him off of magic from the get go : )

Anyway I'd drop the venom of the firefly and get that oldblood on a cold one (drop quetzl for itzl). This way you have a better save and can rush out to go character killing.

Cube of darkness/oldones is a nasty combo. Don't put him on the stegadon though. Keep the bow and put him in a skink unit or hide him.

Those saurus blocks are a bit small... I'd combine them into a single large unit and drop some to get a few more cav.