PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs 1500pts tournament

cribzie
03-09-2008, 11:18
Me and a few friends are going to have a 1500pt mini tournament this weekend, I have been playing VC for quite a few years now, so I was thinking that I would go with dwarfs this time (1st time I play them).

So here is what I been thinking:

Thane, Master Rune of Gromril, Master Rune of Alaric the Mad @ 140pts

Runesmith Master Rune of Balance, Rune of Spellbreaking@ 145 Pts

20 Warriors Full command, Great Weapon @ 225 Pts

20 Warriors Full command, shield @ 205 Pts

10 Thunderers @ 140 Pts

10 Quarrellers @ 110 Pts

Cannon Rune of Reloading @ 100 Pts

10 Miners Full command @ 135 pts

10 Slayers Full command(3 Giant slayers) @ 173 pts

Organ Gun @ 120 pts

What do you veteran dwarfs think could it work, what need to be changed and all that? There's not much I can do different don't have that much dwarfs yet. I have more of everything in the list except runesmith and organgun. I also have a dragon slayer. The armies I will be competing against is probably: Wood elves, skaven, 2x Orcs&Goblins that I know of.

nasty_little_hobbit
03-09-2008, 12:17
I really like this list it has enough variety and should be able to deal with most of the armies, 6 dd isnt too bad at this level and so you might get away with removing the mr of balance. The one other thing I would change is removing the full command and a few models from the miners and with the points saved adding shields to the missle troops or add more models to the slayers.
Otherwise looks very good and hope the stunties do well=]

Chaos Undecided
03-09-2008, 15:22
I'd swap the runic weapon on your Thane to one with always strikes first master rune and +1 strength in place of the ignore armour saves its not going to work that well on a strength 4 model and the armys your definitely facing arent famed for their armour saves and then you can place him with the great weapon unit and improve their combat performance.

Also drop a giant slayer and the musician from the slayer unit to free up points to give your great weapon unit shields to improve their survivability versus missile fire.

Otherwise looks ok

lcfr
03-09-2008, 15:41
Drop the FC on the miners and the slayers. If you lose one giant slayer upgrade and drop one or two miners you'll have freed up enough points to upgrade one of your warrior units to Longbeards and equip your warriors w/GWs with shields.

You should consider adding a RBurning to the cannon in case you run up against any nasties that can regenerate.

cribzie
03-09-2008, 18:25
Ok done a few changes:

Thane, Master Rune of Gromril, MR of swiftness, R of cleaving, r of fire @ 140pts

Runesmith Master Rune of Balance, Rune of Spellbreaking@ 145 Pts

20 Longbeards Full command, Great Weapon , shield @ 305 Pts

20 Warriors Full command, shield @ 205 Pts

10 Thunderers shield @ 150 Pts

10 Quarrellers @ 110 Pts

Cannon Rune of Reloading, rune of burning @ 105 Pts

8 Miners @ 88 pts

12 Slayers @ 132 pts

Organ Gun @ 120 pts

=1500 pts

DarkStarr
03-09-2008, 19:28
nice castle list, I dont play dwarves but i play against them and ill say if i see slayers in the army I get exited cause they die easy, personally id drop them and go w iron breakers or something more defensive since youll be blasting your enemy for the most part.

cribzie
04-09-2008, 06:27
problem is that I don't have any iron breakers