PDA

View Full Version : VC crumbling question

brakke_aep
03-09-2008, 11:27
Hi

Can you still take ward saves against wounds suffered due to combat resolution? For example a VC lord with walach Bloody hauberk. The army book says that is only no armour saves allowed. But I am not sure because some other VC players at my gaming store tells me that it is not allowed.

tnx

Brakke aep

Gazak Blacktoof
03-09-2008, 11:42
I don't think its a case of "still" being allowed to do anything. A lot of the moaing about the new vamps seemed to stem from the fact you could now use ward saves and regeneration to prevent wounds from crumbling. Previously I don't believe you could use any type of save against crumbling wounds.

The army book says no armour saves- all other types are allowed.

brakke_aep
03-09-2008, 12:04
this is another benefit to give your Vampire lord a ward save. Last sunday I played against wood elves. My lord had 3 crumbling wounds due CR. I told him that I still could make the ward saves. He didn't believed me even when I showed him the rules. A VC player told me that the WE player was right. After reading the rules himself an a short debate he gave me right but he was still not convinced. Probably because he had played a lot against VC in the previos editions.

Mezziah
03-09-2008, 16:04
I think this was mentioned in a WD when VC was released.

I must have a look after it but I think they stated that earlier you couldn't use ward saves or regeneration vs crumbling but now you can.

VC Doke
03-09-2008, 17:00
1. When Undead lose in combat they take wounds distributed like shooting.

2. There is no armor saves against those wounds.

3. If you have a ward save you must roll against wounds that you are taking.

4. You may roll ward saves against losing combat resolution.

That is all.

Spirit
04-09-2008, 15:32
Agreed, you MAY take any ward or regeneration saves against crumbling, this is what makes a varghulf and a bsb near by so good at taking on whole ranked up units!

Warlord Gnashgrod
04-09-2008, 19:36
can someone tell me where exactly it says this? I was mentioning to a friend of mine that you could take ward saves vs crumbling. But when he asked me to prove it, I couldn't find the rule. Where exactly is it? Thanks.

death__lord
04-09-2008, 19:44
can someone tell me where exactly it says this? I was mentioning to a friend of mine that you could take ward saves vs crumbling. But when he asked me to prove it, I couldn't find the rule. Where exactly is it? Thanks.

It is on page 33 in the second sentance of the first paragraph of Break Tests under Undead Special Rules. Good luck finding it.