PDA

View Full Version : IG Landing Vehicles

Lawkeeper
03-09-2008, 17:56
Since the Imperial Guard are such a huge organisation, countless types of vehicles are currently in service. For beach landings, the Imperial Guard uses the standard landing craft featured in the Beach Landing scenario.
But, could this one count as well?
http://www.bouwmodel.com/site/wp-content/cb35015_lws.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Hrw-Amen
04-09-2008, 18:06
Probably.

I guess it could be an amphbious Chimera.

Kurisu313
04-09-2008, 18:18
Probably.

I guess it could be an amphbious Chimera.

Otherwise known as a regular chimera ;)

Brother Siccarius
05-09-2008, 06:59
The munitorium uses a wide variety of landing craft, be it from space, ground, or sea. Basically, it's a wide universe out there, so why not?

Khorneflakes
05-09-2008, 08:01
i like this option just remove the marines and you get away with one engine on the back

Ethan Hunt
06-09-2008, 11:56
That could work, with a little of 40k-ifation.
I remember that GD entry on a beachlanding, or those lc from a urban gaming table diorama, on a WD i think.
They also use the Gorgon for this, is also amphibious.
And if we talk about space-to-land landing they use these too... came from the 2nd issue of the Exterminatus comic from Boom Studios:

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
06-09-2008, 14:04
Those particular beasts also make a cameo appearance in the 'dex, at the battle of somethingorother, in the background.

Master Stark
06-09-2008, 14:06
the battle of somethingorother

Tyrok Fields?

Octavius_Maximus
06-09-2008, 14:22
Tyrok Fields?
Probably, considering its basically the only battle which features in the dex

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
06-09-2008, 14:38
Ay, that's the one. Creed is on the right, and the landing craft is visible rear-left. Judging by the scale, it's easily several times the size of a modern aircraft carrier.

Ethan Hunt
06-09-2008, 17:23
Yep, the battle for Kasr Tyrok, the big, cinematic scene with Creed, the Cadians, the Warlord Titan, and this beast at the background.
I knew i saw those beasties somewhere :D... So good for Boom for getting the continuity more or less "right".

For more "conventional" landings, on sea, they could have amphibious assault ships, like we have now? I don't see one of this beasties unloading Gorgons from a few centimeters from the water :D

leo_neil316
06-09-2008, 17:39
Gorgons and Chimera's are fully amphibious. I believe there was a big mech guard board someone did of a beach assault with everything starting in chimeras.

Ethan Hunt
06-09-2008, 17:49
I know, only, let's say like now, for example, the AAV7s or other amphi apcs are deployed from somwhere... you just don't launch them from orbit. I imagine they land the landers on a determinate island, then the Chims and the Gorgies can do their own.
I see 40k amphibious war like D-Day... the amphobious/landing craft deploying from their baseships, naval fire, orbital/air support... would do a nice expansion... "BeachLanding"... but we have that Planestrike coming, something along these lines.

Adra
06-09-2008, 17:51
Well just make it a chimera variant then...

Ethan Hunt
06-09-2008, 18:01
Yep, that could work.
I want to make an APC for my future army. Not like a Chimera, that i call an Ifv(Infantry fighting vehicle), but more like a battle taxi. Some kind of 40k AAV7 weird version, with amphibious capabilities, a lot of transport space, etc. The turret weapons consisting of a heavy stubber and a Auto gl launcher. I dunno how an auto-gl would work ingame... but it's an idea i have engraved in my mind. :D