PDA

View Full Version : Which one is a better 'ard boys list?

Burning Star IV
03-09-2008, 20:55
I'm not usually a competitive player, but I want to do well in the upcoming 'ard boyz. The main problem is that I have always been casual with the gaming aspect of the hobby and seldom play outside my group of friends, and thus I'm not sure which of my armies would be the most competitive. So, warseer, I ask for your opinions.

I have 2 potential lists:

Tau, with 3 hammerheads, 2 devilfish, 4 teams of fire warriors, 1 squad of kroot, 2 teams of crisis suits, 2 shas'o crisis suits, 1 team of stealthsuits, and 1 squad of vespids,

Chaos, with 3 land raiders carrying 1 squad of thousand sons, 1 squad of slaanesh-marked chosen, and 1 squad of plague marines. 1 squad of slaanesh- marked marines in a rhino, 1 squad of marines (no upgrades), 1 winged tzeentch prince, 1 squad of nurgle terminators, and a greater daemon.

the chaos list can be changed fairly drastically. I have other things which I left out but can be subbed in, such as: 1 rhino, 1 squad thousand sons, 1 squad nurgle-marked CSM, 2 dreanoughts, 1 nurgle daemon prince, 1 sorceror, 1 typhus/ nurgle termi lord with daemon weapon, and 1 defiler

Which seems the most likely to fare well?

TzeentchForPresident
03-09-2008, 21:34
Use the one you are most used to. The chanse is that other armies in tournament tools up to fight Space Marines type of armies. If you know how to use Tau that alone might give you an advantage in the tournament.

Btw, why use landraiders for transporting shooty and durable units like 1000 sons and plague marines? Even if 1000 sons are kinda slow it isnīt like they must come close to the enemy at all costs when they can use a rhino.

Culven
03-09-2008, 21:37
I think either could fare well. Which are you more comfortable using? I used a Tau list in the last 'Ard Boyz and I came in second at my store. I didn't do so well at the Semi-Finals due to lack of terrain and my inability to see well (low light levels and I don't get along when gaming).

The Chaos army looks to be much more mobile, but with the ability to Run, this may not be as big of a factor in fifth, but the Transports may mean that the units will be safer when moving across the board.

I think in the end, the army you have more experience with will be the one to use. Having said that, I'm going to be using my Ordo Xenos army, which I rarely play. :rolleyes: I just want to use it for fun and the 'Ard Boyz points limit is high enough for me to be able to use everything I want. ;)