PDA

View Full Version : Imperial interceptor

nurgle_boy
03-09-2008, 22:38
Well, I've been toying with the idea for a while of really light imperial flyers designed to intercept heavier fighters, and bombers, as well as being more maneuverable that traditional fighters...
I also had the idea of more pinpoint bombing runs against heavy vehicles, and figured it could not only be plausable, but pretty damn cool!

heres what I have so far-

Imperial Light interceptor

BS-3 FA-10 SA-10 RA-10

The light interceptor is armes with twin linked heavy stubbers, and one autocannon.

It must also take one of the following-
Hellstrike missile
Antiwarmachine Bomb

Interceptor- Due to the nature of the Light Interceptor, all od its weapons are treates as
having an AA mounting.
Maneuverable- The Interceptor is lighter and faster than other imperial aircraft, and as such
its minimum movement is reduced by 6"

Antiwarmachine Bomb-
These weapons are designed to be used as a pinpoint attack against the larger warmachines, but their
main function lies in taking out xeno, or traitor titans. the bombs are designed to bore into the
vehicles armour, before delivering a powerful, localised charge.
S-10 AP-1
The weapon is fired in the same way as any bombing run, although the weapon uses no template.
Place a marker (a coin or 25mm base will suffice) on the target and scatter as normal, with 2D6-BS. The weapon always hits the targets side armour, as with all flyer weapons.

(Although designed for use against warmachines, the bombs can potentially be dropped anywhere,
which while will very likely be useless, could lead to some interesting situations, such as dropping
them onto command vehicles, or even as a last resort against other flyers! Imagine the interceptor
delivering the payload during the overtake of a larger enemy flyer!)

I was torn between making the anti warmachine bomb a str8 melta, or a str10 non melta... I figured that the melta could overpower all but the strongest side armour, while he str10 will only have a 50% chance against the heaviest. it also lacks ap1, making it again, slightly less destructive than melta weapons would be...

anyway, suggestions, and points values anyone?

thanks, NB.

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
03-09-2008, 22:58
yep, but your version of bomb have ap1

marv335
03-09-2008, 23:55
The Imperium already have an interceptor. It's called the lightning.
Also, if it's dropping bombs and firing air to ground munitions it's not an interceptor, it's an interdictor/strike aircraft.

|twynsic|e
04-09-2008, 05:10
Possibly make an apocalypse datasheet:

"Sometimes rampaging enemy warmachines cannot be sufficiently countered by ground forces. Or perhaps countering forces are to far out of position to stop these machines before they cause unallowable mayhem. In these situation the local commander may sanction the use of a rare but powerful air to ground missile, accompanied by a squadron of lightning interceptors."

3-5 lightning interceptors +50 points
one lightning must be upgraded to carry the XX for +XX points this is inplace of its hellstrike missile options

Special rules
Divert: anytime the lightning carrying the XX is hit, the attack may instead be placed on any other squadron member within 12".

XX
range: unlimited s:D ap:1 Destroyer

one use only
advanced targeting systems: +1 to hit