PDA

View Full Version : question concerning chariots+overkill

zippy_tang
04-09-2008, 01:05
i came across this one over the last game i played with my TK. the scenario was that a single vampire had charged a unit of tomb kings chariots and since the vampire didn't issue a challenge so for the hell of it the chariots champion issues the challenge instead. once they fight the vampire inflicts 2 wounds with his str 7 attacks (great weapon).

now here's the question do these two wounds both cause the instant kill on chariots leaving the combat with a +5 for overkill or does it simply count as +4 (3 for the first wound that destroys the chariot and 1 more after).

i know its not much of a difference but it seems to be one of those finicky little things which it would be nice to know about

Lijacote
04-09-2008, 02:42
+4, destroyed chariot +1 overkill. Can't destroy that which is destroyed.

Condottiere
04-09-2008, 03:18
Remaining wounds on destroyed chariot, plus one for each subsequent hit.

Nurgling Chieftain
04-09-2008, 21:22
So, is this thread going to go the same path as the Killing Blow thread?

Gazak Blacktoof
05-09-2008, 00:28
Hopefully not. This one is actually covered by the rules for high strength hits on page 63, "it looses all its remaing wounds".

Combat resolution in a challenge would be counted for all the remaining wounds for the first wound caused with a S7+ attack, then an +1 additional CR per additional wound casued.

Outside of a challenge the combat resolution would be counted for all the remaining wounds for the first wound casued with a S7+ attack- Any further wounds would be disregarded unless targetting rank and file in a light chariot unit in which case you destroy one chariot per S7+ hit and count the remaining wounds for any chariots destroyed.

Lijacote
05-09-2008, 00:54
Ooh, right, right. Only as much +CR as there are wounds, right you are.

I think that KB thing hardwired my brains.