PDA

View Full Version : Alternative nurgle space marine army idea.

Latro_
04-09-2008, 15:50
Ok so I have had my deathguard army for ages and I really dont fancy doing them the typical green etc..

I came up with the idea of doing them as plague marine crimson fists! I think the paint scheme might work.

The fluff i came up with is that a few thousand years ago (before the whole ork b-slappin) a detachment of crimson fists were sent to a semi important system near the EOT to quell a rebellion and root out any possible chaos influence. On getting there they battle away and awake an bound exiled nurgle daemon prince (whos influence had began to corrupt the planet which caused said rebellion). Waking up the prince causes a warp storm around the planet cutting off the fists from any renforcements.

They dont realise its a warp storm and without communications from orbit they gradually begin to think the chapter has abandoned them. Caught with no renforcements and now an outright rebellion on the planet things get desperate and the prince oventually corrupts the survivors to the ways of the smelly one. Playing on their desperation, a disease killing off the battle brothers and their feelings of abandonment.

The planet eventually decends into a plauge ridden hellhole with the prince as the new ruler and his new plague marines as his warriors, with the twisted remains of the population as their minions. This remains for a thousand years or so, the ex fists surviving using the sustaining powers of nurgle and the warpstorm.

The warp storm eventually subsides and a inq force is sent to investigate/virus bomb the place. Oddly making contact with imperial signals so long after the planet was declared lost. They are tricked into meeting up with the ex fists to investigate, whom steal their ships as the virus bombs fall and flee into the eye of terror.

Unleashed on the galaxy and now hardend dedicated plague marines they seek to do all thing plaguey to the imperium that left them, keeping their original hearldry now covered in silme and mutation to remind them and the imperium of their abandonment.

calling them the
Plague Fists

any good? realistic? would work?

The Caliban Lion
04-09-2008, 18:48
Sounds like a cool idea to me, I think you should go for it.

The only problem I could see with this is the marines not realizing it's a warp storm that's cutting them of from the rest of the Imperium. I just think they would recognize it for what it is, and keep their faith steady. But then again, I'm no expert in such things.

Adra
04-09-2008, 22:34
I once had a brush with a plague fist...gave me a hella rash.

Sounds a pretty good idea....but then consider that the last background i read was for someones "LUV Angles"....