PDA

View Full Version : HE 2250 GT list

ghettob
05-09-2008, 04:05
Here is my list made for the upcoming GT. Expecting lots of demons and VC.

Teclis- 475

Caradryan- 175 ( provides fear protection for main unit, awesome in challenges)

Dragon Mage- 435 ( causes terror, hunts warmachines and provides key rear charges)

lvl 2

ring of fury
silver wand

3x RBT's 300

1x Great eagle 50

10x archers 110 (fulfills core)

10x archers 110 (ditto)

6x dragon princes 225 (sits in a forest to stay alive and protects a flank)

banner of elleryion
musc

19x Swordmasters 369 (Teclis and Caradryan go in here to make it 7x3 and hopefulyl hack up any attempts to charge the front. Both the champ and Caradryan rock in challenges so any attempts to snipe telis should go awry.)

champ w/ talismen of loec
banner of sorcery

This is my rough test list. Any changes suggested would be welcome. THe one I am debating at the moment is changing the ellyrion bannd and musician in the DP's unit for a Lion standard. Since even at LD 10 a failed test at a key moment could orve fatal against demons or Vamps.

fubukii
05-09-2008, 14:13
seems good, but you only have 2 cc units, you are depending alot on teclis and the bolt throwers, it will probably work vs alot of armies, as long as you dont fight other asf troops or chariots you should be ok.

In addition other shooting armies will do good vs your list.

Little Aaad
05-09-2008, 17:14
You should really be expecting a STank gunline or dwarf army just as much, and your army does not have the power to deal with it.

ghettob
05-09-2008, 18:36
You should really be expecting a STank gunline or dwarf army just as much, and your army does not have the power to deal with it.

Thanks alot for your feedback, I just figured all the Empire guys would go KF.

Yea I have never had much luck with dwarves so i kinda just was hoping to not get paired up with one lol.

As for Empire gunline I have never played against one. But i have been told BT's are good against Steam Tanks. And as far as Their gunners go I was hoping to stand in a forest or something and blast people with IR Comets.

But maybe that wont be enough?

I am guessing if i wanted to be good against a gunline I would have to ditch the DM, and trade in the swordmasters for a unit that actually can live against shooty.

ghettob
05-09-2008, 18:45
seems good, but you only have 2 cc units, you are depending alot on teclis and the bolt throwers, it will probably work vs alot of armies, as long as you dont fight other asf troops or chariots you should be ok.

In addition other shooting armies will do good vs your list.

yea I would definetly not be begging to get into close combat, but fortunetly the SM's Are a pretty tough nut to crack. CHariots (as you pointed out) are the biggest exception. Other ASF isnt so bad unless they are INI 6 or higher (Black Guard with the ASF banner come to mind)

Would u leave in the dragon? I have basically every model in the book so that isnt a problem I am just trying to make the most potent list I can. Considering the GT is supposedly a cheese fest( this is my first time).

fubukii
05-09-2008, 20:15
i would drop the dragon mage i think they are to fragile to justify thier cost

LKHERO
05-09-2008, 20:47
i would drop the dragon mage i think they are to fragile to justify thier cost

I agree.

I would also opt to go for White Lions over Sword Masters.

Sword Masters = are for MSUs and light flankers. Not meaty enough to hold an important Banner such as BoS.

Lord Dan
05-09-2008, 20:56
And with WL you can simply sit them at the edge of some woods somewhere and blast into the battlefield. With their bonus against shooting, in addition to being in woods...what save would they be getting?

ghettob
06-09-2008, 05:04
yea i am beggining to agree that the dragon mage is waste of points. So what would I take instead. I could take a unit of 20 White lions instead(is this a good unit size?), as well. I think Caradryn goes well in either the SM's or WL's unit.

If I dropped the SM's and replaced them with white lions, what would I take instead of the dragon mage's 435 points?

I also own 25 PG i can use. AMong lots of other stuff.

WhiteKnight
06-09-2008, 15:15
What about Phoenix Guard? Very resiliant and is probably one of the best mage protectors in the game. Yeah they aren't Str 5 or 6 but they can make it to combat with ease without many casualities from magic or shooting. But if you want raw strength, take White Lions.

I like seeing Teclis going at it with spells blasting everywhere. But if you want to handle steam tanks, give Teclis Lore of Metal.

LKHERO
06-09-2008, 17:03
What about Phoenix Guard? Very resiliant and is probably one of the best mage protectors in the game. Yeah they aren't Str 5 or 6 but they can make it to combat with ease without many casualities from magic or shooting. But if you want raw strength, take White Lions.

I like seeing Teclis going at it with spells blasting everywhere. But if you want to handle steam tanks, give Teclis Lore of Metal.

They're terrible for combat res. Caradryan by himself covers all the benefits of taking a unit of PGs imo. He causes fear and offers MR(3) to the unit he's in. And he's one hell of a bodyguard considering he can literally challenge any Lord in the game and have a chance to outright kill him after being killed himself.

Take White Lions and throw Teclis and Caradryan in there. Best anchor that High Elves have.

LKHERO
06-09-2008, 17:13
yea i am beggining to agree that the dragon mage is waste of points. So what would I take instead. I could take a unit of 20 White lions instead(is this a good unit size?), as well. I think Caradryn goes well in either the SM's or WL's unit.

If I dropped the SM's and replaced them with white lions, what would I take instead of the dragon mage's 435 points?

I also own 25 PG i can use. AMong lots of other stuff.

For example, my Teclis list looks like this:

2245 High Elves

LORD:
Teclis = 475
Caradryan = 175
Lv.2 Mage (Jewel of Dusk, Scroll) = 170

CORE:
10x Archers = 110
10x Archers = 110

SPECIAL:
20x White Lions (FC, GoC, Banner of Sorcery) = 390
5x Dragon Prince (Banner of Ellyrion) = 185
1x Lion Chariot = 140
1x Lion Chariot = 140

RARE:
3x Repeater Bolt Thrower = 300
1x Great Eagle = 50

It's pretty much the best you can get if you want to utilize Teclis and RBTs. Everything plays on the defensive while you blast everything on the field with Tecli's IF rolls and RBTs; forcing your opponent to move towards you. Dragon Princes and Lion Chariots in reserve (or on a far flank) and use the Great Eagle to buy you more magic/shooting rounds by march blocking. Always start casting with the Lv.2 Mage. Even if he doesn't get anything off, it'll give your opponent's a harder time to dispell should Teclis not roll IF.

If you're playing vs. Dark Elves, understand that Ring of Hotek is one of the few things in the game that completely (and I mean completely) stop Teclis in his tracks. Either take Lore of Metal or High Magic with Ring of Corin on the level 2. If he's playing Monsters, he won't have dispell dice (or enough scrolls) to stop you really, so take Lore of Metal. If he's playing heavy magic and has a good number of dispell dice, I would take High Magic and try to throw as many 2-die combinations down and bait as many scrolls with Teclis as you can (Vaul's Unmaking on 3 dice once per turn is fine considering you can ignore your first miscast). Once he's out, drop the Ring of Corin and your Teclis will RULE the magic phase for the remainder of the game.

ghettob
07-09-2008, 03:00
I like the list with two Lion chariots. But I am wondering abotu the ring of hotek and Teclis. Wouldn't it cause the spell to be cast with both IF and Miscast at teh same time? In which case you would just vaul's unmaking the ring?

LKHERO
07-09-2008, 08:08
Miscast takes precedence over IF, so you would be immediately directed to the miscast table.

You can ignore the first miscast with Teclis, but that's all. That's why you throw 3 dice at Vaul's Unmaking so you have the lowest probability of getting a miscast while maintaining a good chance to get it off. If you miscast, no biggy, just don't do it again. If the spell goes off, he'll either have to scroll it or throw a lot of dice down to dispell it. You can then lay down some additional spells and he'll either have to scroll or dispell those. Use 2 dice on Teclis and 2 dice on your Lv.2. Keep track of how many scrolls your opponent has (always ask him) and once he has no dice down, use Vaul's Unmaking from Corin's ring to get rid of the RoH.

Whatever you do, don't use your Ring of Corin unless your absolutely sure you can get it off. Or else you just wasted 20 points and an important item slot on your Lv.2.