PDA

View Full Version : 2k wood elf

DarkStarr
05-09-2008, 04:20
ok this is going to be a very shooty list wich lots of magic to move trees around the board and utterly **** my opponents off, and a good amount of magic defense to really **** them off, espeacially vamps. and zeench army's :) no anvils in this army just some camflauged hammers er arrows, let me know what you think.

lvl 4 spell weaver, wand of wych elm, cluster of radiants, ranu's heartstone.
350 points.

lvl 2, calaingor's stave, deepwood sphere, 175 points.

lvl 2 power stone, dispell scroll, 175 points.

noble, wild rider, stag, hail of doom, sword of might, hand weapon, light armor, 216 points.

10 glade guard, mus,bowman, 132 points.

10 glade guard, mus, bowman, 132 points.

10 glade guard, mus, bowman, 132 points.

5 scouts, 85 points.

5 scouts, 85 points.

5 scouts, 85 points.

10 dryads, 120 points.

7 wardancers, 126 points.

7 wild riders, 182 points.
9 dispell dice i belive with re rolls to dispell, 1 scroll, 10 power dice,78 hit points.

Makarion
05-09-2008, 15:42
How in the world is this list supposed to kill anything? Treesinging alone won't do it, you know.

Also, assuming you park the noble in the wild riders, you'll have a very awkwardly-sized unit (effectlively 9 bases of cavalry). Not enough for a rnak, too much to be used wide. The sword on the noble also seems a bit of a waste compared to a regular spear.

At the very least, ditch 2 if not all 3 of the scouts units and add a unit of waywatchers and an eagle.

FigureFour
05-09-2008, 17:27
Swap scouts for Waywatchers, for sure. Waywatchers have more deployment options, more attacks in combat and (most important) some use against armoured targets. Scouts are both over priced and useless.

Go down to five Wild Riders if you're going to stick the noble in there. Even if he's going solo you might want to drop one.

Also, if I remember correctly, your Spellweaver has over 100 points of magic items. Spites still count towards his 100 points. I'd drop the heartstone.

You can't take two arcane items either, so swap the deepwood sphere for the power stone.

After dropping the scouts, the heartstone and 2 wild riders you can probably afford another Wild Rider unit or another Wardancer unit (as well as 6 Waywatchers).

That would add some more oomph for your counter charge.

RavenBloodwind
05-09-2008, 19:47
One other housekeeping issue:
Only branchwraiths and treeman ancients can take the cluster of radiants.

I'm in agreement with the above posters regarding the scouts. I'd get rid of 2 of them at least.

I'm also not sold on champions for glade guard units although if your mages are in the units then it's fine to keep them.

I'd think about a whole lot more dryads (in 8-strong units) to give you a bit of combat potential to threaten the enemy when the get near your bow-line.

I also really like having a champion in my wardancer and dryad units (although half of warseer will tell you not to).

DarkStarr
05-09-2008, 21:38
thx for the idea's, sounds good, ill probalby go 2, 5 man wardancer units then since i own 10 of them, ill drop a couple wild riders and a unit of scouts and get some way watchers in there, and 2 arcane items will swap for a stone or something, but the lvl 4 had exactly 100 points of wargear. thx again. I understand scouts as individuals are over priced, but for a 85 point scouting unit they dont seem horrible, i meen I can afford to throw them away if needed and use them to screw my opponents plans in his back lines, if they can slow him down a little they are worth it to take some heat off the wild riders and wardancers so ill probably stick with at least 1 unit of them mabey 2 if i can afford it.

FigureFour
06-09-2008, 03:12
thx for the idea's, sounds good, ill probalby go 2, 5 man wardancer units then since i own 10 of them
Consider picking up a few more if you want to take two units. 5 means you have to treat them really carefully as one or two casualties will dramaticly reduce their effectiveness.

and 2 arcane items will swap for a stone or something, but the lvl 4 had exactly 100 points of wargear. thx again.
Yeah, my mistake. Wand of the Wych Elm is way cheaper then I remember. However, he still has two arcane items and can't take the Cluster either.

I understand scouts as individuals are over priced, but for a 85 point scouting unit they dont seem horrible, i meen I can afford to throw them away if needed and use them to screw my opponents plans in his back lines, if they can slow him down a little they are worth it to take some heat off the wild riders and wardancers so ill probably stick with at least 1 unit of them mabey 2 if i can afford it.

If you don't have any other throwaway units, take them, but they're not particularly good at it.

Really, if you can, you should take a great eagle for that. They're cheaper and more likely to be able to get where you need them.

Waywatchers make better march blockers and are more threatening at the same time.

If you really want to use that many Wood Elf archer models, take 40 Glade Guard and Waywatchers instead.

Scouts aren't HORRIBLE, (in fact, if they kept the Glade Guard Longbows rule they'd almost be good) but there are other tools that can do the job better. I'd only take them because my rare slots were too full of treemen to take Waywatchers or an eagle.