PDA

View Full Version : Fliers landing in impassible Terrain

TroyJPerez
05-09-2008, 17:19
I was wondering if it was possible for fliers to end their movement in impassible terrain. I always assumed you couldn't, but after reading the rules, it just says you can't move through it at all. But the flier rule says that you can fly over any obsticles, but you only cannot land in forests. So would it be possible to end a fliers movement in water or impassible rocks? I'd assume that if they lost the ability to fly they wouldnt' be able to do it anymore and would be stuck, but while being able to fly couldnt' they just fly out of it next turn? I'm wondering if this is legal... cause I need to find a way to charge annoying skinks that hide in the water.

Lord Dan
05-09-2008, 18:26
I thought the flyer rule stated they couldn't land in difficult or impassable terrain, not specifically just forests?

And how many water features are you allowing your opponent to take?? Just stay away from them or burn them with some magic missiles.

EvC
05-09-2008, 21:12
You imagined that rule, Lord Dan. They are only banned from landing in forests (or other similar features, which some reckon include buildings). But either impassable terrain- you cannot land on or move out of it. It's IMPASSABLE.

Condottiere
06-09-2008, 01:46
I thought you can land on buildings, if stated during terrain set up.

DeathlessDraich
06-09-2008, 08:15
1) The nature of terrain and how it affects movement has to be mutually agreed on before battle commences - Chap 1 & Movement chapter.

2) Flyers terrain restrictions should be mutually agreed on as well - Flyers chapter.

3) I've always agreed that flyers have varying degrees of difficulty on watery terrain - impossible to land/takeoff on a deep lake, can land on boggy ground but must use ground movement to leave etc.

4) Landing on top of an *unoccupied building* seems alright but the LOS to the flyer should then be similar to large targets.
Landing on top of an occupied building is best prohibited as it is akin to placing one unit on top of another - best to assume that the occupying unit has models on the roof.

EvC
06-09-2008, 12:53
I thought you can land on buildings, if stated during terrain set up.

Exactly, "some reckon" as I said, so some will think it and some will not. Sort of thing needs to be discussed before a game. Though I think people would only try and land on a building with a flat roof like a tower.

Urgat
06-09-2008, 13:25
Well, there's the matter of the model being able to stand there, for starters :p