PDA

View Full Version : Female Tau Army

GMMStudios
06-09-2008, 01:19
Hey all

Here is an army I had an idea for a while back when I came upon a lot of spare bare shadowsun heads. Its basically over the top and bright, trying to play off the anime aspect of the Tau. I paint so many armies I like to do a few now and then to sell that are humorous and catch people completely off balance.

I got a comment on youtube "sweet hot tau WOW" or something like that. I guess I did my job.

Here are pics:

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq1.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq11.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq3.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq12.jpg

GMMStudios
06-09-2008, 01:19
http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq2.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq10.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq5.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq8.jpg

GMMStudios
06-09-2008, 01:20
http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq6.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq9.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq4.jpg

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/dq7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Tommygun
06-09-2008, 01:39
That is a very well painted army. I know some gamers are put off by humorous armies, but they can't fault you on your painting skills
This was beautifully done. Maybe you could use some greenstuff to convert some character models?

GMMStudios
06-09-2008, 01:42
I did make a female ethereal out of the limited edition ethereal by adding a shadowsun head and some other parts...but I ran out of time as I have a lot of commission work coming up.

Thanks for the compliments!

Alsharoth
06-09-2008, 08:39
Sweet work but your missing some thing.
Princess on board !

Jos
06-09-2008, 09:36
Great work man. How about pirahnas and/or stealth suits? I'm thinking gundam

Angelwing
06-09-2008, 14:44
Great painting and a fun idea. :)

MrBigMr
07-09-2008, 06:30
I hate you, man. That's like right next to the Pretty Marines in awesomeness. Why can't I do stuff like this?

By the way, when it comes to female Tau heads, I'm using new plastic daemonette ones. Some work nicely when you just shave off the ears and nose and craft her a slit on the forehead. And the guy at Eastern-Empire uses Beastman Ungor heads for his Tau with heavy sanding and greenstuffing:
http://www.eastern-empire.com/images/tau_models/wip/ro_wip.jpg

Seer Drakon
07-09-2008, 17:24
This is a great army. So it is done?! Is this an army for yourself? I love the purple's... what colors did you use for the hammerhead? Also what other armies are planned for the studio? Any eldar?

hallowed_are_the_ori
08-09-2008, 00:41
Nicely painted, poor concept i'm afraid.

What's everyone's obsession on this forum with female themed armies? Kind of creepy honestly.

ImhotepMagi
08-09-2008, 00:48
Nicely painted, poor concept i'm afraid.

What's everyone's obsession on this forum with female themed armies? Kind of creepy honestly.

Who's that in you avatar? She's hot. :p;)

hallowed_are_the_ori
08-09-2008, 01:02
Elisha Cuthbert.

ImhotepMagi
08-09-2008, 01:56
Elisha Cuthbert.

Actually, I know who it is. I was just trying to hint at the irony of someone who chooses an attractive female celebrity as their avatar calling people who wish to have female armies creepy. People are obsessed with all sorts of things to varying degrees.:angel:

hallowed_are_the_ori
08-09-2008, 02:28
I'm saying it seems to be a big trend at the moment. At least he hasn't sculpted Double D cup breasts on them like some of the "Female Space Marines" around here.

PotatoLegs
08-09-2008, 03:47
All-female armies bum me out too. As is painting little anime faces all over your vehicles.

The OP's technique is pretty sweet and I like the bone colour

MrBigMr
08-09-2008, 05:25
The OP's technique is pretty sweet and I like the bone colour
Yeah, a real boner.

I don't see why people get upset with the whole concept. We have all male armies coming out our ears and no one has a problem with them. The fluff gives room for females, even full female regiments/units, etc. So doing it is just fluffy. And I don't remember anyone giving this much gried to the Pretty Marines for being so flamboyant. Maybe because they were all male. But do it to chicks and...

People just can't do anything different. Ever.

DDePino
08-09-2008, 05:44
This is usually the reverse of what I usually say but...I hate the idea, but great execution. It looks very nice, crisp and clean.

TheOverlord
08-09-2008, 09:55
This wins many internets... for many months ahead :D

Awesomely painted, especially the purple on the hammerhead. It looks damn near velvet-like.

PotatoLegs
08-09-2008, 10:52
Yeah, a real boner.

I don't see why people get upset with the whole concept. We have all male armies coming out our ears and no one has a problem with them. The fluff gives room for females, even full female regiments/units, etc. So doing it is just fluffy. And I don't remember anyone giving this much gried to the Pretty Marines for being so flamboyant. Maybe because they were all male. But do it to chicks and...

People just can't do anything different. Ever.

Pretty Marines and Angry Marines are pretty bad examples when you know its just a 4chan joke. And as such they aren't taken seriously at all, one way or the other.

I'm all for co-ed armies, but to go out of your way to make an entire army female? mmmmmmmmmmm :eyebrows:

No, the OP just wanted to do this for giggles as he stated, so I'm not hassling him in his choice. I'm just agreeing with general statements hallowed_are_the_ori wrote.

And I just wanted to add that aesthetically, his painting technique is good, even if some of the colour choice is wack and I think the anime heads are just superfluous to the effect and look kinda poos

Burnthem
08-09-2008, 12:06
Argh! My Eyes!!!

Only kidding, the highlighting on the purple Hammerhead is just sublime, well done!

theunwantedbeing
08-09-2008, 12:19
The faces on the tanks look daft.
Everything else is fantastic.

MrBigMr
08-09-2008, 12:35
Pretty Marines and Angry Marines are pretty bad examples when you know its just a 4chan joke. And as such they aren't taken seriously at all, one way or the other.
How are they bad examples, when this is a funny-ha-ha army as well, as you yourself pointed out. There's a ton of wacky armies that might or might not "fit" into the background. But the moment you add breats that weren't there to begin with, it's just wrong.

I'm all for co-ed armies, but to go out of your way to make an entire army female? mmmmmmmmmmm :eyebrows:
Here's to looking at all those Sisters, Witch Elves, Howling Banshees, Sisters of Sigmar, etc., etc. Just like there are all male armies, there are all female armies (such as all female Guard regiments). If GW made more models, no one would be bummed out with females. But actually having to make them draws attention to it and causes all this unrest.

Why doesn't anyone get worked up when someone does a male daemonette or a male conversion of Shadowsun?

And I just wanted to add that aesthetically, his painting technique is good, even if some of the colour choice is wack and I think the anime heads are just superfluous to the effect and look kinda poos
I like it. Reminds me a little of Tank Girl (http://www.coconut-hut.co.uk/acatalog/tank-girl1.jpg). And looking at the Eldar and Marines, sporting bright colours in the field doesn't seem that odd. There's even some real world references. I remember a story of a WW1 fighter squadron that due to lack of right colours, painted their planes in everything they could get, resulting into a real flying circus. Worked as a terror tactic as they were good pilots, so when the enemy saw the bright fighters coming, they knew they were up against a tough opposition.

PotatoLegs
08-09-2008, 21:49
How are they bad examples, when this is a funny-ha-ha army as well, as you yourself pointed out. There's a ton of wacky armies that might or might not "fit" into the background. But the moment you add breats that weren't there to begin with, it's just wrong. What's your issue here? We both acknowledge that this was done as a bit of a joke, and that's sweet - like pretty marines etc this isn't a serious example of the more heinous modelling projects out there.

That also doesn't discredit the opinion me and hallowed share.

Here's to looking at all those Sisters, Witch Elves, Howling Banshees, Sisters of Sigmar, etc., etc. Just like there are all male armies, there are all female armies (such as all female Guard regiments). If GW made more models, no one would be bummed out with females. But actually having to make them draws attention to it and causes all this unrest. :rolleyes: I was going to mention how I feel that SoBs are a great army, well developed in concept and aesthetic, but I stopped because I thought that'd just be stating the obvious.

We're not talking about the all-female armies that are already produced and ingrained in the fluff, we're talking about the desire certain people feel to make an army all female for whatever reason

Why doesn't anyone get worked up when someone does a male daemonette or a male conversion of Shadowsun? I haven't seen it so I can't see how this is some criminal act as you're trying to portray it to be - but again, we're not talking about single models, which is a very different kettle of fish to whole armies.

Tommygun
08-09-2008, 23:12
The faces on the vehicles remind me of a modern version of nose art on aircraft from the Second World War.
It is not any stranger than painting a bomber squadron to look like giant tropical parrots.

Edit: Or stranger than people who use a cute terminator girl with a gun as their avatar.
It's the basic girls with guns fantasy.;)

PotatoLegs
08-09-2008, 23:37
Yeah, you see I think that looks silly too.

Paganite
09-09-2008, 00:16
I think it looks awesome, both the heads on the tau vehicles and the aircraft art. I love the idea of of nose art on vehicles and seeing it as well painted as that is pretty awesome.

PinkFellSquig
09-09-2008, 02:14
:D Somewhere, without knowing why, a mangasploitation nerd is shedding tears of joy.

Good show, man, keep 'em coming...

Any plans for Chocobo-themed Kroot? I can't think of a reasonable parallel for Stingwings. Maybe someone more creative than myself...?

~J~

hallowed_are_the_ori
09-09-2008, 02:40
Should make some Imperial Guard females with big greenstuff breasts and have them wear mini skirts and paint pictures of Anime characters on your next tanks, might as well.

PinkFellSquig
09-09-2008, 06:59
Tank Girl ftw, but NO crazy jar-jar-esque kangaroo mutants, plz.

~J~

MrBigMr
09-09-2008, 07:33
Anyone who things painting anime girls on things is a new fab:

hallowed_are_the_ori
09-09-2008, 13:47
Anime sucks, enough said.

PinkFellSquig
09-09-2008, 22:56
I don't think painting anime girls on large vehicles counts as the "real deal" unless there's two girls simultaneously blinking their giant eyes, smiling like mental patients, and giving peace symbols with whichever hand isn't busy holding down their mini skirts. Also they should either look like they're barely into their teens, or like their racks would cause even the strongest woman to suffer crippling back problems... preferably both. THEN we're talkin' fanboy.

Just my $.02
~J~

hallowed_are_the_ori
09-09-2008, 23:37
I don't think painting anime girls on large vehicles counts as the "real deal" unless there's two girls simultaneously blinking their giant eyes, smiling like mental patients, and giving peace symbols with whichever hand isn't busy holding down their mini skirts. Also they should either look like they're barely into their teens, or like their racks would cause even the strongest woman to suffer crippling back problems... preferably both. THEN we're talkin' fanboy.

Just my $.02
~J~

Or a school girl being violated by tentacles or a robot, or a giant robot with tentacles.

PinkFellSquig
10-09-2008, 00:15
Slightly OT: I've seen a Slaanesh tank painted up like that... quite possibly here at WS.

~J~

Metal Fingered Villain
10-09-2008, 02:04
BLAAAARGHHH MY EYES! Good painting, not fond of the theme at all.

EmperorEternalXIX
10-09-2008, 03:38
Stuff looks great, dude. Dunno how I feel about anime-ish imagery in the grim darkness of the far future, but that does not change the fact that you did a hell of a job.

PinkFellSquig
10-09-2008, 05:03
First of all, naysayers... at least he isn't putting goobly bits on crappy looking random Gundam models.

Secondly, in the Grim Darkness of the Future, if there were only otakus instead of war (or in this case, both), we'd all be up a creek... I think it's an unsettling enough theme for our game, k?

~J~

Scolar
10-09-2008, 06:19
Hallowed are the ori needs to chill out, realise this isn't his army and loose the nerd rage.

Great painting mate! This army is great, not only because the other female armies are just crap painted models with greenstuff breasts slapped on that are larger than the torso, but this has a good theme and its a really respectable looking force.

hallowed_are_the_ori
10-09-2008, 11:04
Hallowed are the ori needs to chill out, realise this isn't his army and loose the nerd rage.

Great painting mate! This army is great, not only because the other female armies are just crap painted models with greenstuff breasts slapped on that are larger than the torso, but this has a good theme and its a really respectable looking force.

I'm not "nerd raging'', i just find the concept itself stupid. Nicely painted, but stupid concept and execution.

Praexes
10-09-2008, 17:47
The painting is decent, the conecpt is lame, and the anime influence is intolerably kitsch.

And the colours clash horribly.

So I object to it:

- Artistically
- In terms of Fluff and Background
- As a concept.
- Because it's anime.

I suppose the actual paint job is tolerable though. But the subject is horrifying.

BTW: Scolar, you sound like a fake account. Odd that you would take such a strong, seemingly knowledgeable opinion (on both the subject of the thread and the posters within it) upon your first post.

Gibbtall
10-09-2008, 18:27
Praexes: They look pretty cool to me, fluff wise, who cares its her army, she made them casue she wanted to, you can have your own misgivings about it but don't come on her thread and bash her for haveing a new idea.

Scolar
10-09-2008, 20:07
BTW: Scolar, you sound like a fake account. Odd that you would take such a strong, seemingly knowledgeable opinion (on both the subject of the thread and the posters within it) upon your first post.

Oh I'm sorry I missed the rule that said "on Warseer you must NOT make a strong, knowledgeable post after joining because you do not have the right"

LionoftheBegs
10-09-2008, 20:19
This is awesome! You are truely the master. I've gotten ideas for my Desu Brigade!

Forget the nay-sayers. They all hate creativity and object to everything thatbreaks thier precious world. You and I are partners!

Thanks so much!

Edit: Could you provide a tutorial on your anime faces that you painted on tanks? I've got the idea to do a Leman Russ and another Balisk with full body anime girls. Like in the balisk, the girls standing and it looks like the canon is coming out of her skirt, like something from /d/ from 4Chan.

Could you please let me know?

Praexes
10-09-2008, 21:45
Oh I'm sorry I missed the rule that said "on Warseer you must NOT make a strong, knowledgeable post after joining because you do not have the right"

I never said you post was strong, just you opinion.

What I found odd was that you seem to know everyone. Oh wait, I'm sure you're a long-time lurker, right? Whatever. :rolleyes:

Scolar
10-09-2008, 21:50
I never said you post was strong, just you opinion.

What I found odd was that you seem to know everyone. Oh wait, I'm sure you're a long-time lurker, right? Whatever. :rolleyes:

No but you have a superiority problem I see, I do not know that guy or you but by what I read - you are both very annoying.

Praexes
10-09-2008, 22:04
This is the first time I've offered any criticism on Warseer, and I only talked about my distaste for the concept and art, as well as the impropriety of hard-core Anime in 40k. If you disagree with me, spam my inbox with hate-mail... it would likely be a better place than this thread to express your stupidity.

And since when has Superiority been a problem?
just kidding, just kidding... :angel:

+Praexes+

MrBigMr
10-09-2008, 22:12
This is why we can't have nice things.

I'll take a "lame idea" over another gritty Guard, bling bling Marine, spiky tentacle Chaos Marine or gay pride parade Eldar army. But do I go into every thread about one of those armies demanding people to come up with something better? No.

Metal Fingered Villain
10-09-2008, 22:13
Wow, look how quickly this whole thread devolved into ranting and raving. A strong point as to many hobbyists take on mixing anime and 40k. One funny thing I read in Hallowed_Ori's post was "Nicely painted, but stupid concept and execution." If its nicely painted, the concept can be stupid but most certainly not the execution, as the execution of the concept would result in nice painting. The theme is kind of lame, but the execution of the concept is very well done. I find it disturbing that everyones ranting about anime, seem to have scared away the OP. Its a game, let the people have their fun, at least they chose tau for the anime theme and not space marines with giant anime heads....

deathwing_marine
10-09-2008, 22:15
I dont know whats with some of you guys. Who cares if hes used some anime style in his army? The painting is great. The colors on the tanks, especially the purple on that last one, are gorgeous. Its just sad to see how this thread has gone downhill.

Kain Total40k
10-09-2008, 23:10
Can't see why people are getting so steamed over it tbh.

Ok its not to some peoples taste, but surely that doesn't mean those people can't throw the toys out the pram about it.

Don't like it, then fine, but at least don't be rude about it.

For the record, it ain't my cup of tea, but thats some brilliant painting and design work.

Kain

hallowed_are_the_ori
11-09-2008, 01:07
Wow, look how quickly this whole thread devolved into ranting and raving. A strong point as to many hobbyists take on mixing anime and 40k. One funny thing I read in Hallowed_Ori's post was "Nicely painted, but stupid concept and execution." If its nicely painted, the concept can be stupid but most certainly not the execution, as the execution of the concept would result in nice painting. The theme is kind of lame, but the execution of the concept is very well done. I find it disturbing that everyones ranting about anime, seem to have scared away the OP. Its a game, let the people have their fun, at least they chose tau for the anime theme and not space marines with giant anime heads....

Wrong choice of wording about execution, it's hard to explain reasons for disliking an idea, without a sea of people bitching on a forum about it and spending their free time trying to dig up things to whinge at me about.

Like i said, his painting is very nice and spot on, he's definitely put the effort into the painting dept, but the theme isn't that great (in my opinion) and i don't "get'' the anime faces on the tanks.

LionoftheBegs
11-09-2008, 01:17
Wrong choice of wording about execution, it's hard to explain reasons for disliking an idea, without a sea of people bitching on a forum about it and spending their free time trying to dig up things to whinge at me about.

Like i said, his painting is very nice and spot on, he's definitely put the effort into the painting dept, but the theme isn't that great (in my opinion) and i don't "get'' the anime faces on the tanks.

you don't "get" anything thats divates from the "normal" world of 40K. Especially Anime.

In anycase, I wish to see more of these beautiful anime Tau Females. Have you ever tried to do anything with /d/?

sarabando
11-09-2008, 01:35
the purple on the HH is wickedsick

Dictator
11-09-2008, 01:35
scolar is originally from Astro...

Filthy O'Bedlam
11-09-2008, 01:56
Don't listen to the negative people; this is a great scheme executed very well. I love the crispness and the great freehand on the tanks. Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Filthy

hallowed_are_the_ori
11-09-2008, 02:00
you don't "get" anything thats divates from the "normal" world of 40K. Especially Anime.

In anycase, I wish to see more of these beautiful anime Tau Females. Have you ever tried to do anything with /d/?

I have no problem with things that are inspired by things outside of 40k, but i just don't like the whole "lets paint Anime heads on Tau tanks" thing.

It's a personal preference, that is all.

PotatoLegs
11-09-2008, 02:06
Edit: Could you provide a tutorial on your anime faces that you painted on tanks? I've got the idea to do a Leman Russ and another Balisk with full body anime girls. Like in the balisk, the girls standing and it looks like the canon is coming out of her skirt, like something from /d/ from 4Chan.

Could you please let me know?
I'd say the first step is to get some of these!
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n54/thunderherd/citadel_washes.jpg

I'm sure the OP makes extensive use of them!

LionoftheBegs
11-09-2008, 03:20
I'd say the first step is to get some of these!
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n54/thunderherd/citadel_washes.jpg

I'm sure the OP makes extensive use of them!

Unfortunatly, since your not the creator, I doubt this information is handy. Thanks for letting me know though. I'm sure your preaching has not gone unheard by someone.

Praexes
11-09-2008, 03:47
Whatever. I just don't think the army is in good taste. I mean really? Anime heads on tanks?

Basically we're divided into two camps here: those who like anime and those who don't. I suppose it comes down to personal preference really.

/Praexes bites his tongue.

BUT! *mphh mpph mpph mumph!*

Owie. :rolleyes:

LionoftheBegs
11-09-2008, 04:46
Whatever. I just don't think the army is in good taste. I mean really? Anime heads on tanks?

Basically we're divided into two camps here: those who like anime and those who don't. I suppose it comes down to personal preference really.

/Praexes bites his tongue.

BUT! *mphh mpph mpph mumph!*

Owie. :rolleyes:

The line with the models overload with the Skulls is there. Here is the line with people with creativity and whose skin is thick enough to allow people to expand thier idea of fun and creativity.

RedSarge
11-09-2008, 07:54
I personally feel this army is too far from the 40k background.
It's not about SKULLS, if you just painted a plain skull on a vehicles large open surface. It would look bad, very bad, unless you done it right.

The "anime heads" don't really make sense with the army, like those eldar vehicles you see that are so insanely detailed it would take one man ages to paint the design.... on a WAR-MACHINE. Its not an issue of master-crafting a tank, it is the lack of coherent setup of imagery.... wtf did I just say?

LionoftheBegs: They all hate creativity and object to everything that breaks thier precious world. You and I are partners!

If I hated creativity why the hell am I in this hobby? How is the Op "breaking" my "precious world". People can buy a box of 40k and feed it to there dog, I could care less. You really are condescending when it comes to anyone disagreeing with your likes. Yes this army is a radical idea, how can it not be?

Wh40k players have been droned to accept fluff standards. Ultramarines are blue, guard drive tanks with camoflouge, not murals of anime school girls.

All this means is your just going to have to learn to except, that people won't 100% except your ideas from the start. I know I had trouble except an Inquisitorial Terminator army. All equipped with MK6 Corvus "beakie helmets, but now I love the army, it's characterful and something new.

It did not break my precious world.

BTW asking Op if he has..

Have you ever done anything with /d/?
I've been to 4chan, and I don't think that belongs here.. or at least don't post pictures of it.

LionoftheBegs
11-09-2008, 12:57
In anycase, this is exactly what 40K needs. Enough with the death and destruction. Armies like my Desu Brigade and Female Tau army is wha tis needed. So that the Skulls and death and bad miniatures obviously come to some good use.

PinkFellSquig
11-09-2008, 13:16
Less talking, more posting of cuddly Tau, plz.

Naysayers, please refer yourselves to the Tyranid army built out of random weapon bits and legs, every single joke army ever, my girlfriend's pink and purple (and green) Wood Elves, her soon-to-be obnoxious gangsta Orks, the Blood Letters daemonic legion (B L O O D, those letters... with axes and googly eyes), any Slaanesh army with a giant dong as a Hellcannon/Lascannon/etc., cow marines, Hello Kitty marines, a Monty Python's Holy Grail-themed Empire army, the Alamo-themed Empire army, and the list keeps going...

Yes, the gothic and fluffy nature of 40k AND fantasy are the major visual appeal of the game. Yes that means that many players will respect what colors are on the expensive packaging, and will adhere to what's written in tiny print in quotes on page 467 of the rulebook, or in some obscure OOP Black Library book that may as well be used as toilet paper for its poor phrasing and run-on sentences.

The point is, that because of all the fluffiness and undying gothic imagery, there are bound to be a minority of players who just want a) a pretty army, b) a light-hearted army, c) a defiantly silly army. These are not defects in the system, but the inevitable balance (must I draw up a comparison to Neo in the Matrix? I mustn't...) to the Games Workshop equation. Without these gamers and hobbyists rebelling against the fluff, we'd have absolute chaos, as hobbyists spiraled into a depression of trying to be more gothic than the next person.

Marines would wear armour entirely made of skulls, with tattered robes covering all of the detail of said skulls, while out of their hoods peered eyes that were so illuminated with painted-on lighting effects that the entire model was painted Ice Blue with a Skull White highlight. They would carry bolters and chainswords completely obscured by amassed purity seals marked "#1 Goth" and "Dour Expression Contest, 1st Place." Then, on every conceivable nook and cranny of the model would be either paint chips from battle damage, emo-fascist expressions in 0.01 size Imperial Gothic font, or microscopic engravings of the emperor's gold-plated battle wang.

I might be exaggerating. I might not. Point is, we need players like this. Doesn't matter if anime sucks. Leave it be. We just need people to break the system now and again, or GW will push the goth envelope even further... or the players will themselves.

~J~

hallowed_are_the_ori
11-09-2008, 13:51
In anycase, this is exactly what 40K needs. Enough with the death and destruction. Armies like my Desu Brigade and Female Tau army is wha tis needed. So that the Skulls and death and bad miniatures obviously come to some good use.

If i bought Civil War figures and converted them into Cylons from BSG, people would bitch. Same thing here. No difference.

Anyway, my opinion hasn't changed on it, like i said, i respect that the original poster is a very good painter and hobbiest, i just dont like the theme.

That's MY personal opinion lionofthebegs, and if you don't agree, i don't care. You're entitled to your opinion and everyone's entitled to theirs (despite what you think).

LionoftheBegs
11-09-2008, 14:28
If i bought Civil War figures and converted them into Cylons from BSG, people would bitch. Same thing here. No difference.

Anyway, my opinion hasn't changed on it, like i said, i respect that the original poster is a very good painter and hobbiest, i just dont like the theme.

That's MY personal opinion lionofthebegs, and if you don't agree, i don't care. You're entitled to your opinion and everyone's entitled to theirs (despite what you think).

You seem to think Differently with my Desu Brigade or anything else I do. It seems that you seem to think that only your opinion matters.

DesertLion
11-09-2008, 16:26
Great paint scheme, and I agree with PinkFellSquig on this one. Would like to see a pic of the entire army

Praexes
11-09-2008, 16:29
So... I googled the 'Desu Brigade'. It's... ahh... horrifying. But nice effort and all that.

On the plus note, it makes me like this Female tau Army a little bit more.

LionoftheBegs
11-09-2008, 16:39
So... I googled the 'Desu Brigade'. It's... ahh... horrifying. But nice effort and all that.

On the plus note, it makes me like this Female tau Army a little bit more.

Meh, I knew you wouldn't like it that why I didn't link it.

Captain Brown
11-09-2008, 17:10
That is enough gentlemen; you have all had your chance on the soapbox. This thread is turning into a debate beyond the painting log. Praexes, Scolar, LionoftheBegs, and hallowed_are_the_ori you have all made your point, your conversation is finished and any further comments made by any of you on this thread will be considered ignoring a moderatorís direction. Leave off.

All members can post their opinions of the original posterís work, attacking other memberís opinions or insinuating they are somehow disturbed for having one different from yours is not on. Having a chat room conversation in a painting log is also not allowed.

Captain Brown
WarSeer Inquisition

easternheretic
12-09-2008, 02:37
Brilliant bone/cream on the tanks! Very smooth!

I love the contrast with the various secondary colours you've used.

And the bubble design is great.

I'm all for variety. Its great to see an army that breaks the standard gothic 40K look.:o

How do you get you paints to look so smooth and yet not shine? :confused:
I've tried multi layed thinned down paints and manage to achieve a smooth paint job, BUT always get a shine in the end which I find annoying.

Any chance of seeing the rest of the army?

Cheers