PDA

View Full Version : HE 2250 Static

Leonathion
06-09-2008, 09:33
OK, heres my main idea... I am starting a shadow warriors band for mordheim, but after getting the HE book for fluff and looking at realy fast ways of painting them nice I thought I might as well go crazy and start a new army (I have two other halft-painted unfinished armies so this is a bad idea) but I want to ponder with the thought a bit first... OK, so after reading the Nagarythe fluff, I love them, and Alith as well, the idea of him sneaking into DE cities and dancing with the queen of the sworn enemy is just awesome! (I see it like a movie trailer, the second scene would be his party hunted through the marshes after their first great defeat and the third scene the white cliffs with 3000 nailed upp druchii and their cries of pain). Any way I think WL are the **** as well, so I'd like to keep a few of them. Khoril in the chariot will be conversion and perhaps not even korhil but just representing a chrace noble.

Tactical idea is somewhat: SW marchblocking and withering down ranks from aproaching enemy units. Spearelves and Lions (with bsb) form a core center, and chariots flanking and if the sw survive, they might add with tying up units and magehunting. How doeas it look? Any recomended magic items? Im thinking of getting some Swordmasters for a flanker as well (kinda lika late turn detachment), but dont know where to find the points.

Alith Anar

Khoril in Chariot

Scroll Caddie

BSB Hero, gw

20 Spearmen, full command

20 White Lions, full command

10 Shadow warriors + walker

10 Shadow warriors + walker

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Lion Chariot of Chrace

+ magic items and extras = 2250

Cheers guys!

WhiteKnight
06-09-2008, 15:09
If you want really good results in a game, take out a hero, preferrably a BSB. I only see a use with a BSB if he's on a mount and in a dragon princes unit with the Battle Banner. Then add a lv 2 mage with Jewel of the Dusk and Sacred Incense, then put him in the white lions. (3+ save against shooting with -1 to hit them in shooting is a great combo.) As for the units, I like it. The chariots are going to do a lot against units if you have the two going at units together.

Leonathion
07-09-2008, 08:45
Thanks for the comment WhiteKNight, I've taken your advice on the mage and added it. Also; theres three chariots ;) potentially more havoc?

Alith Anar

Khoril in Chariot

Mage, lvl 2, Sacred Incense, Silver Wand (goes with WL)

Mage, lvl2, Seer Staff of Saphery, Jewel of Dusk

19 White Lions, full command, Banner of Sorcery

10 Shadow warriors

10 Shadow warriors

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Lion Chariot of Chrace

OK, this is second draft. More magic, I really like magic so I went for two mages, this is potentially 6 Basic, 1 from Jewel, D3 from Banner, so 10 PD/turn. Together with Drain Magic, I think this magic offense will be my defense, and add some potential to the army, damage-wise...

Right now, I'm concidering wheter I've paid to much for characters, but khoril more or less just fills up the rule of an uber-chariot, not realy a "character". If I would change anything, I might swap him for a unit of Sword Masters. I wonder if three rank and file units are to few for 2250 pts...

What do you people think?

Conotor
07-09-2008, 12:41
I would keep the BSB and drop the 20 white lions for 20 PG. They are unbeatable if you get them full static CR.

WhiteKnight
08-09-2008, 01:47
Conotor, if you compare Str to the PG, then WL got the win. They do just as well if a mage is protecting them with Celestial Shield. A 3+/4+ against shooting and magic missiles. And they're stubborn! They are one of my favorite units of all time. Next to Minotaurs.

Lord Dan
08-09-2008, 01:53
But the bubble doesn't give you a 4+ ward in close combat.

I like the 2 mage list better, as tired as I am of seeing the combo you're using.

Bump the spearmen to 25 each, and take them in 6x4+2 formations. With a character in there it means you're still getting +3 for rank bonuses and you can lose up to 3 guys before that bonus goes down. You also get 18 ASF attacks in CC.

Units of 10 Shadow warriors is...a lot. Drop 5 models, and take 3 units of 5 each.

Leonathion
08-09-2008, 22:43
Dan - I don't like the combo iether, but seems the only viable choice if you want to spent points on magic and having a chance of earning them back. I might try the idea with the shadow warriors, might leave som points for the Spearelf bump...
One of the things about the large units of SW is kinda using them as bait as well, they will be a lot more worthwile to charge than units of five, but on the other hand, since most of the army is made to be somewhat static, that may as well be kinda far fetched...
I'll try posting a new draft list tomorrow.

Leonathion
11-09-2008, 23:28
Third Draft, added some more units and made the shadow warriors smaller. Thinking of adding two eagles instead of the seaguard, but I think the wouldn't be necessary with so much shadowwarriors and countermages... Models are sweet though.

Alith Anar

Khoril in Chariot

Mage, lvl 2, Sacred Incense, Silver Wand

Mage, lvl2, Seer Staff of Saphery, Jewel of Dusk

19 Spearmen, full command

10 Lothern Sea Guard, shields, banner

19 White Lions, full command, Banner of Sorcery

6 Shadow warriors

6 Shadow warriors

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Does it look better?

wamphyri101
12-09-2008, 07:01
Seer Staff of Saphery, Jewel of Dusk both enchanted so you can only take 1. Id stick with the staff tbh as it does give you the tactical advantage of chooseing 2 spells against anyone you play.

As the rest, i agree its pretty fun list.

Personally i would ditch the 10 Lothern Sea Guard, shields, banner for a few great eagles. They would work well with your chariots and shadow warriors + you already have 2 units of spearmen and 1 white lions, so i would use the remaining points to beef the spearmen up