PDA

View Full Version : Khainite question

Axis
06-09-2008, 12:16
This has probably been asked before. Can i put a death hag in a unit of warriors/corsairs/executioners? I know the book says khainite heroes can lead non-khainite units but she does have frenzy, so i'm pretty sure she can't be in it (but the army book mentions that death hag could be in a unit of warriors- that is what made me doubt my memory) or maybe they can't use her ld? I've misplaced my rulebook so i was hoping someone could look it up for me.

I assume if i give corsairs frenzy i could. But it does seem silly that you cant put any hero in a unit of executioners (not counting assassins). Non-khainite ones can't join and a death hag has frenzy so is eliminated.

Cheers
Axis

Lord Zarkov
06-09-2008, 12:24
You can still join non-frenzied units if frenzied (and vice versa) and if forced to charge may either bring the unit with you or leave it behind

So Death Hags can join any normal DE unit

gaiaterra
06-09-2008, 12:26
Yes you can. Executioners are khainite themselves so would not be a problem anyway and the only restriction you get is no non-Khainite characters joining Khainite units.

With regards to Khaine characters can the Death Hag take Witchbrew, in brackets next to it it says Hags only, so it boils down to whether the Death Hag is a Hag or not? The reason for this is that I want to take the witchbrew for my CoB to give it that bit exta protection from combat res.

Axis
06-09-2008, 12:33
You can still join non-frenzied units if frenzied (and vice versa) and if forced to charge may either bring the unit with you or leave it behind

So Death Hags can join any normal DE unit

Ok, thanks. Am i right that frenzied troops wont listen to non-frenzied and visa versa?

Lord Zarkov
06-09-2008, 12:48
? I'm not sure what you're asking
If a unit has a mix of frenzied models and non frenzied models then all frenzied models must follow the rules for frenzy (i.e. the compulsory charges) and, unless the frenzied model is a character, if a charge is forced the rest of the unit must charge as well. If the only frenzied model is a character and is forced to charge you can chose to bring the unit along or leave them behind according to the usual rules for charcters charging out of units.

In all other circumstances they work like normal (i.e. wrt other special rules or using the highest Ld)