PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Glade Guard sprue (no photos)

Sir_Glonojad
24-04-2005, 19:33
Greetings,

I have seen the Glade Guard sprue today. It contains, IIRC:
- four sets of legs,
- four torsos with no hands, of which two are leaf-modelled
- two or three torsos with an arm with a bow connected (a total of 6 or 7 torsos to a sprue)
- three or four left arms with bow, plus a standalone bow
- standard and a horn (iirc)
- some right arms
- two arms with sword (one left, one right)
- four cloaks
- a dozen heads, of which at least 4 were hooded, and ca. 4 had half mask
- very few, if any, "addons".

Now, I haven't been to the seminar, so I haven't heard what Alessio said on the Elves (and I didn't want to talk to him after I heard what he had to say about Bretonnians), but according to people on this (http://www.forum.gildia.pl/viewtopic.php?t=11223&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=210)
thread (in Polish, don't click... ;) ), they're supposed to:
- have two cavalry units (Glade Riders with bows, some special cavalry with Save 4+ and spears)
- ranked archers have S4 on short range (skirmishers do not!)
- waywatchers have killing blow on short range
- lvl 1 and 2 heroes have access to Wood Elf Lore only (Lvl 3 and 4 will have some normal lores available, too).

I hope there'll be some pictures of the sprue, then I'll put it here.

PS: I've seen a photocopy of the last page of the cover - dryads look too deamonic-spiritic for my taste, and new elven steed is a bit massive and rough IMHO (a bit alike in style to the new Bretonnian warhorse).

Narandil
24-04-2005, 19:40
so are they clones? (like bret archers?)

Sir_Glonojad
24-04-2005, 19:42
Not really- legs are separate from torsos, and the torsos are in a wide variety.

conanabass
24-04-2005, 19:54
Is it possible that their could be an additional acessory sprue to include things like the vegetation that we have heard rumored.

Sir_Glonojad
24-04-2005, 20:01
Indeed, it is wasn't said it couldn't be so. Still, all the command bits were already included on the sprue.

Narandil
24-04-2005, 20:13
no CC glade guard then?

Sir_Glonojad
24-04-2005, 20:19
No, but that comes not from Alessio's mouth, but one of the high-ranking (far above redsirt) GW officials present on the show.

conanabass
24-04-2005, 20:53
If no CC glade guard then BOO BOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

User Name
24-04-2005, 22:19
Yes but there were also rumors of being able to take an all sprite or wood spirit army. They would probably the new cc wood elf army seeing the stats of the treepeople.

Kul
24-04-2005, 22:29
If no CC glade guard then BOO BOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

hmmm..

the "no CC gladeguard" thingie has been heard for a while now...
like 4 weeks, orso..

The new CC units will be wardancers, and tree spirit stuff ;)

Draazahir
24-04-2005, 23:47
I heard that the Winter Guard are supposed to be Core choises if your general was an Elf Lord. Hence you should be very able to play a cc oriented elf force.

Xand0r
25-04-2005, 03:22
The dryads were daemonic?

What exactly did they look like?

Vinze
25-04-2005, 03:43
Here is the Glade Guard sprue picture: ;)

http://fotos.miarroba.com/fotos/a/5/a5ffec35.jpg

Definitely NO spears on the sprue.

Llandorian
27-04-2005, 10:18
hmmm....

maybe not SPEARS,...

but there are quite some things on it that look like swords / long knives,..

not that a unit with only hand weapons would be very usefull when compared with spears, or bows,...but still,..
(think of Empire swordsmen; a unit with only handweapons,..soo..)

bu even if you could also equit them with only handweapons, there hardly seem to be enough of them there to equip a full unit

Sir_Glonojad
27-04-2005, 10:47
There are only two swords, one of each arm. Not much for four swordsmen ;).

Still - hand weapon and shield is a prime combination for infantry in this edition; the only one really useful, IMO. Glade Guard with light armour, hand weapon and shield, would be a very cost-effective unit. But it is not going to happen, IMO.

Odin
27-04-2005, 11:25
Glade Guard with light armour, hand weapon and shield, would be a very cost-effective unit. But it is not going to happen, IMO.

There's rumours flying around that wood elves won't have access to shields at all. Of course, that could just be rubbish, but Wood Eater posted some stuff about Glade Riders not having shields any more (having seen the book, allegedly), so maybe it's true. Anyway, it seems pretty much certain that Glade Guard is the new name for archers, and that the old Glade Guard are no more.

Snoozer
27-04-2005, 11:36
It could still be that they can take handweapons or other cc weapons, even if there ain't any in the sprues, like with the night goblins (they only got 4 swords inte box, you convert the rest) or like the chaos warriors, they dont have all the weapon choises in one box.

Sir_Glonojad
27-04-2005, 11:42
Well, Chaos Warriors are supposed to get extra sprues in the future, aren't they?
And Bretonnian men-at-arms allegedly lost the option not to take polearms/spears due to the lack of such model options.
Night Goblins are a sprue that pre-dates the sixth edition by some years, and the model-rule policy was a bit different back then.
Now, there's a "rules for models" policy, making GW a model company instead of a game company, which resulted, for example, in Longbeards having greatweapons obligatory.