PDA

View Full Version : Character special rules and mounts

Nimrod Rimshot
07-09-2008, 12:24
Well, I think this has been worked out here before, but I just cant seem to find the right page in the BRB.

1. If a frenzied character is mounted, does the mount also get the frenzy rule?
Same goes for any kind of special rule: Does the mount get the benefits from the char's special rules (Hatred, frenzy, and so on...)

2. If a mounted Char has a saving throw against ranged attacks, does the mount get the saveing throw as well?

Thx for comments, Nimrod

The_Dark_Lord
07-09-2008, 14:35
1. im pretty sure it does give the effects to the mount.
2. not sure, if it refers to the 'model' in the description then it does include the mount, however if it says the 'character' i dunno.

TheWarSmith
07-09-2008, 14:39
Frenzy specifically states that it also applies to the mount(unless otherwise stated)

Can you give us an example of this? It would only apply if you had a "monstrous mount"(i.e. one that can be hit separately).

Typically a monstrous mount has its own save(i.e. dragons have 3+)

Nimrod Rimshot
08-09-2008, 08:54
Two possible examples would be a necromancer on a corpse cart or a vampire lord on a zombie dragon, both with an magic item that gives them a 3+ ward save against all types of ranged attacks.

How is this handled? Do you first roll to divide the hits between rider and mount, and then you only get the ward save if the rider got wounded?

Valaraukar
08-09-2008, 09:02
Unless the item states it is carried over to the mount then the ward save only applies to the character, so if the mount can be targeted or hit separately then you must assign hits first anyway as presumably they will have different ASv and T.

gaiaterra
08-09-2008, 09:19
All psychology, hatred, frenzy stupidity etc are given to the mount from its rider, special rules and special abilities are not transfered unless stated. Watch out for Crone Hellebrom on Manticore, it is fenzied and hates everything, that and it's got an angry chick on it's back that will hit you with 6-8 attacks at strength 10.