PDA

View Full Version : How Good is the Chaos Space Marine Renegade Strike Force?

Sir Phobos
07-09-2008, 19:38
Hello,

I am thinking of getting the Chaos Space Marine Renegade Strike Force army from GWs website as a start for my IW army. I was just wondering what more experienced CSM players thought about it?

It contains:

CSM Term Lord
2x CSM Squads
2x Rhinos
1x 5 man CSM Terminator Squad
1x Landraider
1x Vindicator
1x Defiler

Thanks,

Chem-Dog
07-09-2008, 19:46
I'm no Chaos Lord, but it seems to be a good deal, I think you end up saving a fair amount buying this bundle.
It's totally usable as a complete army too.

warsmithferrousmaximus
08-09-2008, 00:42
the term from 300 seems to apply" a good start"

this release really appeals to me as well as it is a great and somewhat cheaper method of aquiring a large csm army in one go!

great to hear another Iron Warrior join the ranks. Good luck with them. the only thing which annoys me is the fact that it gives you a quater of what i have in a tenth of the time. if you want an idea of that then check out my grand company

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158421
best of luck

zoodog
08-09-2008, 01:52
most of their army boxes, this one included, are a bit heavy on the heavy for my tastes. I would plan on added a few troops as soon as you can.

but it seem like a good deal

Bloodknight
08-09-2008, 08:02
It's a good deal, there's no duff unit in the box. It's all usable.

Radium
08-09-2008, 08:06
It makes a perfectly usable army, but you REALLY need more troops to go with it. Maybe another 10 marines and some cult troops, or a LOT more marines if you plan to go pure IW (although IW do use cult troops...)

DhaosAndy
08-09-2008, 08:09
Depends on what sort of army you want, it'd give a well rounded force that'd paint up well as IW, though more CSM's would be handy.

If your looking for an all conquering tournament army then the Lord, Termies and the Land Raider are sub par (not that their bad units, just there's more bang for the buck else where).

willydstyle
08-09-2008, 08:16
At 30 points a piece chaos terminators are quite usable even in a "tournament" army. DhaosAndy is pretty right in saying that Lords are a sub-par HQ choice, however. If you add 2 more squads of troops to this box you've got yourself a right-hard army.

Bloodknight
08-09-2008, 08:20
Terminators are good, especially with combiplasma. I'd probably not waste an icon on them unless it's one of the cheaper ones.
As for the lord: the set can also be used to build a sorcerer, and a sorcerer with warp time (if one doesn't want to go low enough to use lash) is quite a capable fighter.

DhaosAndy
08-09-2008, 09:23
Terminators are certainly usable, just for the points invested in the LR, Lord & Termies you could get more CSM's (2 troop units isn't enough) + 3 oblits + DP tooled up to taste.

pringles978
08-09-2008, 11:35
Its a good investment, particularly as you can get it cheaper online. dont know if im allowed to post the e-shop, so pm me if you want the site. i paid 120ish and spent the savings on more troops