PDA

View Full Version : shadowblade and poison

Shadowsinner
07-09-2008, 20:01
so Ive noticed in the rules for shadowblade that he has poisoned attacks but automatically carries dark venom as a gift of khaine, considering that this allows no option but to have both and that when choosing a new venom for normal characters it nulls the effect of basic poison, would I be able to use both at the same time or was this an error on GW's part?

gaiaterra
07-09-2008, 23:53
This one came up a few weeks back, although shadowblade is based on a Khainite Assassin his is not actually one, he is a special character, so does not actually select items from the Temple of Khaine, what it means is that at the moment he has all the special rules listed in his entry (poisoned attacks and dark venom), that is of course until the faq when we get to find out what GW actually intended.

I personally look at it this way, Shadowblade is the master of assassins, the best killer in the old world, if anyone has figured out how to smear one poison on onside of a blade and a 2nd poison on the other it would be him.

FigureFour
08-09-2008, 00:07
I personally look at it this way, Shadowblade is the master of assassins, the best killer in the old world, if anyone has figured out how to smear one poison on onside of a blade and a 2nd poison on the other it would be him.

Why would he do something as complicated and potentially risky as putting two poisons on one blade? He's carrying two blades.