PDA

View Full Version : Would 2 "The Green Tide" Box Sets Make a Good Ork Army?

Sam Spade
08-09-2008, 02:22
I was wondering if I bought 2 of The Green Tide box sets and made that most of my army would it work? What else should I put in it? Also does anyone know, does it come with any special weapons for your squads or Power Klaws?

sukigod
08-09-2008, 02:36
The Green Tide is 100 regular boyz with 1 Warboss model, no specials. Two of these would be over kill, I do believe. For the same money (I think) swap one of the Tide's for an Ork Battleforce - this will add some much needed mobility like like the bikes and a trukk. You could also purchase a Assault on Nlack Reach set and split the Space Marines with someone else giving you some Elites like the Nobs mob and more Fast Attack with the Deff Koptas. These three boxed sets would be a great start to any ork army.

Grimbad
08-09-2008, 02:39
A good ork army, yes.
An effective ork army, no.

robertsjf
08-09-2008, 02:39
It comes with the extras like roket launchers and such. As far as if it's a good idea or not, depends. I wouldn't do it if you suffer from painting paralysis (that's when you can't paint because you have too much stuff to paint...) or if you're playing any timed games, or if your regular opponent fields an inordinant amount of ordenance/blast template weapons. Game play might get a bit monotonous, effectively being you, game after game, pushing mob after mob forward into close combat. What point level are you looking to play, btw?

SirSnipes
08-09-2008, 03:29
well if you put all the bug shootas together you can have 20 lootas and 20 tankbustas if you play itcarefully(ie use all rockets and big shootas,) then you have 160 orks and 2 warbosses

Nicha11
08-09-2008, 03:37
It would be a one trick pony, great if your opponents are not prepared for it,
but horrible if they know it is coming.

lachlin
08-09-2008, 03:46
1 Green Tide and the AoBR make a pretty good Goff starter army. Thats 120 boyz, 5 nobz 2 warbosses and 3 dethkoptas.

==Me==
08-09-2008, 06:41
It comes with 10 boxes of boyz, which is enough to assemble 110 models. You'll get bits for 10 rokkit launchas, 10 big shootas, and 10 powerklaws.

You can easily make a huge Ork army with two. You can convert anything from storm boyz to flash gitz out of basic boyz, and any vehicles you'll want can be scratchbuilt or looted from other races. The only things that will be tricky are Deff Koptaz, Bikes, and Meganobs.