PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War rules

Chaplainen
08-09-2008, 12:05
I know, I know, it said in the sticky that the downloadable GW webpage PDF is the official rules (to be used in tournaments and such)...but... I'm just one of those pesky insecure guys who needs to have a second secure source of knowledge before buying 2000 pts of models to start a new army (wierd huh?)...

So, once and for all... Are the rules from the GW-PDF 100% official and playable in most tournaments and such?

Thanks alot!

Bloodknight
08-09-2008, 12:09
Of course these are the official rules, and they are the newest we've got.
Usually tournaments will allow DoW-only armies, but not DoW in other armies. GW, however, has banned them completely from this year's GT, AFAIK (and Chaos Dwarfs...). What a silly move - they still sell the figures.

Chaplainen
08-09-2008, 12:15
When you say Dogs of War only, do you mean that a DoW list could include the Regiments of Renown? I'm talking about a full army from the DoW list with units as "Pikemen", "Dwarfs", "Hireling Wizard" and such...not Bronzino, Ruglud and the other guys...

Bloodknight
08-09-2008, 12:26
DoW only means Dogs of War including Regiments of Renown. They are part of the same army list ;).

Tournaments usually don't allow DoW in a Dwarf, Wood Elf, whatever army.

Chaplainen
08-09-2008, 12:36
So I could field a tournament army according to the DoW pdf with a paymaster and halflings, dwarfs, cannons (with that I mean the "normal" unit types, not the named Reg of Ren) and such, but also include Reg. of Ren. like rugluds armored and golgfags ogres...`?

Condottiere
08-09-2008, 12:49
Yes - but to satisfy your paranoia, eMail the organizers for the respective tournaments you want to attend and ask them for their guidelines.

EvC
08-09-2008, 12:53
Not 100%- some full-on GW tournaments ban them sadly :(

I'd advise you build the force so it can be proxied as Empire if need be.

Chaplainen
08-09-2008, 12:56
allright, thanks for the help. I guess I can always get the Reg of Ren units and then use them either as their named unit entries when possible but also use them as their "normal" equivalent when needed. ie, Golgfags Ogres plays as normal "Ogres" or Lumpin Croops play as "Halflings"

Chaplainen
08-09-2008, 12:57
Not 100%- some full-on GW tournaments ban them sadly :(

I'd advise you build the force so it can be proxied as Empire if need be.

Thats a good idea also, thanks :)