PDA

View Full Version : A simple question on fleeing

xeolx
08-09-2008, 17:03
It's been a while since I played Warhammer, and I've got a friend who is starting to get into it so I was showing him the basics of play. I was telling him about charge reactions when I realized I forgot how fleeing works. I know about the whole roll 2d6 or 3d6, but my problem was with the charging unit. Does the charging unit simply run down the fleeing unit if the charging unit has sufficient movement after the flee roll?

For example let's a say a unit of skinks is 5 inches from a unit of high elf archers and the archers charge the skinks. The skinks roll 3 inches for their flee movement. Do the high elf archers simply run them down since they have a ten inch charge or does it simply count as a failed charge? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but the rule book doesn't exactly make it clear and I have forgotten how it worked in previous games I played. Thanks

Lord Dan
08-09-2008, 17:34
If the charging unit has sufficient movement to still make it into combat with a fleeing unit (as per your skink/ archer example) then the fleeing unit is run down and destroyed.

If the fleeing unit makes it out of the charge range of the charging unit (say if the skinks rank 12 inches), the charging unit has failed it's charge and moves forward it's basic movement.

Tarax
09-09-2008, 06:35
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but the rule book doesn't exactly make it clear and I have forgotten how it worked in previous games I played. Thanks

Have you read p.22 BRB 'Caught!'?

As long as you have enough (charge) movement, you can destroy any unit you charge which does not flee far enough. See also p.23 EitW.