PDA

View Full Version : can someone tell me about the Daemonhunters codex?

theDregs
09-09-2008, 00:08
Can someone please give me a rundown on the Daemonhunters? I have, up until now, discounted them because I am not big on Grey Knights. The owner of the local game store told me a bit about them today. he said they were basically like SOB's, except they used allied guard instead of battlesisters. Sounds pretty good to me! I couldn't look at them store because he didn't have the codex, and I didn't want him to special order it and have me not buy it. it's a small place and I would like to do my part to keep it afloat.

You don't need to tell me stuff that GW would get angry about, but an idea of the units and how they play would be awesome. except for the MEQ stuff. I am fedd up with MEQ's.

Culven
09-09-2008, 00:45
Well, Daemonhunters are much like the Witch Hunters as far as unit choices. The differences are really in the SOB versus Grey Knight swap and the stuff available in the Armoury. Otherwise, the Inquisitors, Assassins, Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, Inducted Imperial Guard, and Allied Space Marine options are identical or nearly so. Also, Grey Knights tend more toward combat than the Sisters. If you don't like MEQ units, then you probably wouldn't want to play Grey Knights.
As for the "...they were basically like SOB's, except they used allied guard instead of battlesisters..." comment, I'm not sure what the shopkeep was telling you. Both Daemon and Witch hunters can use Inducted Imperial Guard (or Allied Space Marines).

theDregs
09-09-2008, 00:50
That is a big help, Culven. thanks. I was wondering if I ought to blow 20 bucks ordering the codex. I think I will stick with the Sisters.

Culven
09-09-2008, 00:56
If you have a Sisters army, that may be the best choice. The Grey Knights army is a very difficult one to use due to the low model count and high cost of each Grey knight (they are about twice the cost of a Sister).

marv335
09-09-2008, 01:01
you can play it as a radical daemonhunter inquisitor though.
It can be fun with daemonhosts deathcult assassins and assassins backed up by inquisitorial retinues and inducted guard.